- Highly stable and efficient erbium-doped 2.8 microm all fiber laser
Centre d Optique, Photonique et Laser, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada, G1V 0A6
Opt Express 17:16941-6. 2009
..The temporal and spectral stability of the laser represent a significant improvement over previous work. This report paves the way to the commercialization of compact and stable fiber lasers for spectroscopic and medical applications...
- Mid-infrared chalcogenide glass Raman fiber laser
Center for Optics, Photonics, and Lasers COPL, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Opt Lett 38:127-9. 2013
..A specially designed quasi-cw erbium-doped fluoride fiber laser emitting at 3.005 μm is used to pump the RFL. A laser output peak power of 0.6 W is obtained with a lasing efficiency of 39% with respect to the launched pump power...
- Writing of Bragg gratings through the polymer jacket of low-loss As2S3 fibers using femtosecond pulses at 800 nm
Center for Optics, Photonics, and Lasers, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Opt Lett 37:3900-2. 2012
..The resulting FBG maintained a peak reflectivity of 90% after 64 min of thermal annealing at 100 °C. This demonstration paves the way to the development of all-fiber mid-infrared laser sources...
- Ytterbium fiber laser based on first-order fiber Bragg gratings written with 400 nm femtosecond pulses and a phase-mask
Centre d Optique, Photonique et Laser, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Opt Express 17:18887-93. 2009
..1 dB), stable and high reflectivity (>40 dB) FBG. Based on this FBG, a monolithic Ytterbium fiber laser operating at 1073 nm with slope efficiency of 71% and output power of 13 W was demonstrated...
- Self-organized periodic structures on Ge-S based chalcogenide glass induced by femtosecond laser irradiation
S H Messaddeq
Centre d Optique, Photonique et Laser, Universite Laval, Quebec, G1V 0A6 Canada
Opt Express 20:29882-9. 2012
..The experimental observations are interpreted in terms of strong temperature gradients combined with interference of the incident laser irradiation and a scattered surface electromagnetic wave...
- Bragg gratings photoinduced in ZBLAN fibers by femtosecond pulses at 800 nm
Centre d Optique, Photonique et Laser, Universite Laval, Quebec G1K 7P4, Canada
Opt Lett 32:454-6. 2007
..Measurements of the transverse refractive index changes across the core and cladding regions indicate that the grating formation originates from a negative index change...
- Purely axial compression of fiber Bragg gratings embedded in a highly deformable polymer
Centre d Optique, Photonique et Laser, Universite Laval, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Appl Opt 47:652-5. 2008
..The insertion losses of the device, the variations of the full width at half maximum, and the stability of the Bragg wavelength over a working day have been studied and shown to be less than 0.02 dB, 0.14, and 0.2 nm, respectively...
- Study of the photosensitivity of GeS binary glasses to 800 nm femtosecond pulses
S H Messaddeq
Centre d Optique, photonique et laser COPL, Universite Laval, Quebec G1V 0A6, Canada
Opt Express 20:2824-31. 2012
..5x10(-3) can be reached. The present results clearly illustrate the potential of this family of glasses for the fabrication of mid-infrared waveguides...