- Race differences in the response of postheparin plasma lipoprotein lipase and hepatic lipase activities to endurance exercise training in men: results from the HERITAGE Family StudyJ Bergeron
Lipid Research Center, Laval University Medical Research Center, CHUL Pavilion, 2705, boulevard Laurier, RC 412, Quebec, G1V 4G2, Sainte Foy, Canada
Atherosclerosis 159:399-406. 2001..However, the generally better metabolic profile of Black individuals may minimize further improvement of lipoprotein-lipid concentrations by exercise training...
- Race, visceral adipose tissue, plasma lipids, and lipoprotein lipase activity in men and women: the Health, Risk Factors, Exercise Training, and Genetics (HERITAGE) family studyJ P Despres
Lipid Research Center, CHUQ Research Center, CHUL Pavilion, Sainte Foy, Quebec, Canada
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 20:1932-8. 2000....
- Familial resemblance of plasma lipids, lipoproteins and postheparin lipoprotein and hepatic lipases in the HERITAGE Family StudyL Perusse
Division of Kinesiology, Laval University Medical School, Quebec, Canada
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 17:3263-9. 1997....
- Reduced HDL particle size as an additional feature of the atherogenic dyslipidemia of abdominal obesityA Pascot
Lipid Research Center, CHUL Research Center, Ste-Foy, , Canada
J Lipid Res 42:2007-14. 2001..In conclusion, small HDL particle size appears to represent another feature of the high TG- low HDL cholesterol dyslipidemia found in viscerally obese subjects characterized by hyperinsulinemia...
- Effects of endurance exercise training on plasma HDL cholesterol levels depend on levels of triglycerides: evidence from men of the Health, Risk Factors, Exercise Training and Genetics (HERITAGE) Family StudyC Couillard
Lipid Research Center, Laval University Medical Research Center, CHUL Pavilion, Sainte-Foy, , Canada
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 21:1226-32. 2001..Results of the present study suggest that regular endurance exercise training may be particularly helpful in men with low HDL cholesterol, elevated TGs, and abdominal obesity...
- Deterioration of the metabolic risk profile in women. Respective contributions of impaired glucose tolerance and visceral fat accumulationA Pascot
Lipid Research Center, CHUQ Research Center, Laval University, Ste-Foy, , Canada
Diabetes Care 24:902-8. 2001....
- Plasma post-heparin lipase activities in the HERITAGE Family Study: the reproducibility, gender differences, and associations with lipoprotein levels. HEalth, RIsk factors, exercise Training and GEneticsJ P Despres
Physical Activity Sciences Laboratory, Laval University, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada
Clin Biochem 32:157-65. 1999..Examine the reproducibility of plasma lipid and lipoprotein measurements in the HERITAGE Family Study...
- Post-heparin lipolytic enzyme activities, sex hormones and sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) in men and women: The HERITAGE Family StudyA Desmeules
Molecular Endocrinology and Oncology Research Center, Laval University, Quebec, Que, Canada
Atherosclerosis 171:343-50. 2003..These associations appear to be independent from concomitant variation in total adiposity or body fat distribution...
- Relationships of abdominal obesity and hyperinsulinemia to angiographically assessed coronary artery disease in men with known mutations in the LDL receptor geneD Gaudet
Lipid Research Group, Chicoutimi Hospital, Quebec, Canada
Circulation 97:871-7. 1998..Whether the hyperinsulinemic-insulin-resistant state of abdominal obesity affects coronary atherosclerosis among FH patients has not been determined...
- Relationship of mid-thigh adiposity to the metabolic syndrome in postmenopausal womenM C Dubé
Diabetes Research Unit, CHUL Research Center, Quebec, Canada
Metab Syndr Relat Disord 8:365-72. 2010..This study explored the relationship between muscle fat infiltration derived from computed tomography (CT) scans and metabolic syndrome...
- Effect of type 2 diabetes on various electrophoretic characteristics of low-density lipoprotein particles in womenP Blackburn
Quebec Heart Institute, Laval Hospital Research Center, Pavilion Marguerite D Youville, 4th Floor, 2725, Chemin Ste Foy, Ste Foy, Quebec, G1V 4G5, Canada
Diabetologia 47:2114-7. 2004..We have therefore studied the effect of type 2 diabetes on various electrophoretic characteristics of LDL particles...
- Effect of obesity on HDL and LDL particle sizes in carriers of the null P207L or defective D9N mutation in the lipoprotein lipase gene: the Québec LipD StudyI L Ruel
Institute on Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 27:631-7. 2003..It has also been documented that obesity has a significant impact on HDL and LDL particle sizes...
- Is the gender difference in LDL size explained by the metabolic complications of visceral obesity?I Lemieux
Quebec Heart Institute, Laval Hospital Research Center, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada
Eur J Clin Invest 32:909-17. 2002....
- Elevated C-reactive protein: another component of the atherothrombotic profile of abdominal obesityI Lemieux
, Laval Hospital Research Center, Sainte-Foy, , Canada
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 21:961-7. 2001..These results suggest that obesity and abdominal AT accumulation are the critical correlates of elevated plasma CRP levels found in men with atherogenic dyslipidemia of the insulin resistance syndrome...
- Effect of a low-glycaemic index--low-fat--high protein diet on the atherogenic metabolic risk profile of abdominally obese menJ G Dumesnil
Quebec Heart Institute, Laval Hospital Research Center, Quebec, Canada
Br J Nutr 86:557-68. 2001..However, the present study was a short-term intervention and additional trials are clearly needed to document the long-term efficacy of this dietary approach with regard to compliance and effects on the metabolic risk profile...
- Effect of a six month gemfibrozil treatment and dietary recommendations on the metabolic risk profile of visceral obese menM Dumont
Physical Activity Sciences Laboratory, Division of Kinesiology, Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Laval University, , Canada
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 25:1136-43. 2001..Furthermore, improvements in the plasma lipoprotein profile produced by gemfibrozil therapy appear to be independent from changes in indices of plasma glucose-insulin homeostasis...
- Cloning, sequencing and expression of the S1 gene of avian reovirusM R Shapouri
Section de virologie, Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Universite de Montreal, St Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada
J Gen Virol 76:1515-20. 1995....
- Effects of the FABP2 A54T mutation on triglyceride metabolism of viscerally obese menM T Berthier
Lipid Research Center, Laval University Medical Research Center, Sainte Foy, Quebec, Canada
Obes Res 9:668-75. 2001..This study examined the effect of this mutation on lipoprotein levels in viscerally obese hyperinsulinemic condition...
- Relations between n-3 fatty acid status and cardiovascular disease risk factors among QuebecersE Dewailly E
Public Health Research Unit and the Lipid Research Center, CHUL Research Center, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, Ste Foy, Canada
Am J Clin Nutr 74:603-11. 2001..Epidemiologic evidence shows an inverse relation between fish consumption and death from ischemic heart disease. This beneficial effect is attributed to n-3 fatty acids...
- Modified milk fat reduces plasma triacylglycerol concentrations in normolipidemic men compared with regular milk fat and nonhydrogenated margarineH Jacques
Département des sciences des aliments et de nutrition, Faculté des sciences de l agriculture et de l alimentation, Universite Laval, Canada
Am J Clin Nutr 70:983-91. 1999..A modified milk fat with reduced cholesterol was developed by fractionation technology...
- Effect of adipose tissue volume loss on circulating 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels: results from a 1-year lifestyle intervention in viscerally obese menA Gangloff
Centre de Recherche de l Institut Universitaire de Cardiologie et de Pneumologie de Quebec, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Int J Obes (Lond) 39:1638-43. 2015..The relationships between changes in 25(OH)D levels and changes in adiposity volume (total and by adipose tissue compartment) were studied...
- Human papillomavirus DNA in invasive cervical carcinomas and its association with patient survival: a nested case-control studyE Franco
Department of Oncology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 5:271-5. 1996..Regardless of the mechanism for the prognostic role, detection of HPV DNA in primary tumors may play an important adjunct role in assessing prognosis of patients with invasive cervical cancer...
- Disinhibition, as assessed by the Three-Factor Eating Questionnaire, is inversely related to psychological well-being in postmenopausal womenV Provencher
Institute of Nutraceuticals and Functional Food INAF and Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Int J Obes (Lond) 31:315-20. 2007....
- Gene expression of different adipose tissues of severely obese women with or without a dysmetabolic profileP Mauriege
Department of Kinesiology, Faculty of Medicine, Centre de Recherche de l Institut Universitaire de Cardiologie et de Pneumologie de Quebec, Laval University, PEPS, Room 0290C, Quebec, G1V 0A6, QC, Canada
J Physiol Biochem 71:719-32. 2015..NDYS severely obese women. Regional variation in the overall gene expression revealed that OME and MES fat were more closely related to each other in DYS women, while SCABD and MES depots showed greater resemblance in NDYS women...
- Prevalence, geographical distribution and genealogical investigations of mutation 188 of lipoprotein lipase gene in the French Canadian population of QuébecJ Bergeron
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Clin Genet 41:206-10. 1992..Genealogical reconstruction leads to the recognition of four founders for M-188, all emigrants from France to Québec in the 17th century...
- Age and duration of follow-up as modulators of the risk for ischemic heart disease associated with high plasma C-reactive protein levels in menM Pirro
Lipid Research Center, R-9600, CHUL Research Center, 2705 Laurier Blvd, Ste-Foy, , Canada G1V 4G2
Arch Intern Med 161:2474-80. 2001..CONCLUSION: Plasma CRP levels may provide independent information on IHD risk only in younger middle-aged men and in the case of IHD events that may occur relatively soon after the baseline evaluation...