Claude P Champagne
Affiliation: Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Microencapsulation of a recombinant aminopeptidase (PepN) from Lactobacillus rhamnosus S93 in chitosan-coated alginate beadsSorayya Azarnia
Department of Food Science and Agricultural Chemistry, McGill University, Ste Anne de Bellevue, QC, Canada
J Microencapsul 25:46-58. 2008..Increasing the CaCl2 concentration over 0.1 M neither affected the EE nor the ER. Increasing hardening time beyond 10 min led to a decrease in EE and the alginate:enzyme ratio (3 : 1) was optimal to prevent the ER...
- The effect of bacteriophages on the acidification of a vegetable juice medium by microencapsulated Lactobacillus plantarumClaude P Champagne
Saint Hyacinthe Research and Development Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, 3600, Casavant Blvd W, Saint Hyacinthe, Quebec, J2S 8E3, Canada Institute of Nutrition and Functional Foods INAF, Universite Laval, 2440, Hochelaga Blvd, Quebec City, Quebec, G1V 0A6, Canada Electronic address
Food Microbiol 63:28-34. 2017..The results suggest that phage-protected microencapsulated starter cultures can be used for vegetable fermentation if means are taken to prevent them from dissolving during acidification...
- Effect of water activity and protective solutes on growth and subsequent survival to air-drying of Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium culturesClaude P Champagne
Centre de recherche et de développement sur les aliments, Agriculture et Agroalimentaire Canada, 3600 Casavant, St Hyacinthe, QC J2S 8E3, Canada
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 95:745-56. 2012..This study provides preliminary data for producers of probiotics who wish to use air-drying in replacement of freeze-drying for the stabilization of cultures...
- Recommendations for the viability assessment of probiotics as concentrated cultures and in food matricesClaude P Champagne
Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Food Research and Development Centre, 3600 Casavant Blvd, St Hyacinthe, QC Canada J2S 8E3
Int J Food Microbiol 149:185-93. 2011..Although the recommendations specifically target the analysis of probiotics, many will apply to the analysis of commercial lactic starter cultures used in food fermentations as well...
- The determination of viable counts in probiotic cultures microencapsulated by spray-coatingClaude P Champagne
Food Research and Development Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, St Hyacinthe, QC, Canada
Food Microbiol 27:1104-11. 2010..The presence of fat in the ME product, or when added to the rehydration medium, improved CFU counts of B. longum but not of L. rhamnosus...
- Effect of fermentation by pure and mixed cultures of Streptococcus thermophilus and Lactobacillus helveticus on isoflavone and B-vitamin content of a fermented soy beverageClaude P Champagne
Food R and D Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada AAFC, 3600 Casavant, St Hyacinthe, QC J2S8E3, Canada
Food Microbiol 27:968-72. 2010..longum R0175 had no significant effect on isoflavone levels. Combining a S. thermophilus strain with a L. helveticus culture reduced the effectiveness of the latter. Fermentation did not significantly modify vitamin B1 or B6 levels...
- Enumeration of the contaminating bacterial microbiota in unfermented pasteurized milks enriched with probiotic bacteriaC P Champagne
Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Food Research and Development Centre, 3600 Casavant Blvd West, St Hyacinthe, QC J2S 8E3, Canada
Can J Microbiol 55:410-8. 2009..rhamnosus Lb-Immuni-T and B. animalis subsp. lactis BB-12...
- Antimicrobial action of hydrolyzed chitosan against spoilage yeasts and lactic acid bacteria of fermented vegetablesTony Savard
Food Research and Development Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Saint Hyacinthe, Quebec
J Food Prot 65:828-33. 2002..When chitosanase was added to the culture media containing chitosan-lactate, refractive substances could not be observed...
- Growth and morphology of thermophilic dairy starters in alginate beadsLaurence Lamboley
Food Research and Development Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, 3600, Casavant Blvd West, Saint Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada J2S 8E3
J Gen Appl Microbiol 49:205-14. 2003..helveticus appeared wider. In addition, cells of Lb. bulgaricus were curved and elongated. These morphological changes would also impair the growth of immobilized lactobacilli...
- The growth and recovery of an exopolysaccharide-producing Lactobacillus rhamnosus culture on growth media containing apple juice or molassesClaude P Champagne
Food Research and Development Center, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, St Hyacinthe, QC, Canada
J Gen Appl Microbiol 54:237-41. 2008
- Novel food-grade plasmid vector based on melibiose fermentation for the genetic engineering of Lactococcus lactisIsabelle Boucher
Departement de Biochimie et de Microbiologie, Faculte des sciences et de genie, Groupe de Recherche en Ecologie Buccale GREB, Faculte de Medecine Dentaire, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada G1K 7P4
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:6152-61. 2002..The L. raffinolactis aga gene represents the basis of a novel and convenient food-grade molecular tool for the genetic engineering of lactic acid bacteria...
- Microencapsulation for the improved delivery of bioactive compounds into foodsClaude P Champagne
Food R and D Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, 3600 Casavant, Street Hyacinthe QC, J2S 8E3 Canada
Curr Opin Biotechnol 18:184-90. 2007..Future research is likely to focus on aspects of delivery and the potential use of co-encapsulation methodologies, where two or more bioactive ingredients can be combined to have a synergistic effect...
- Efficacy of two Staphylococcus aureus phage cocktails in cheese productionLynn El Haddad
Departement de Biochimie, de Microbiologie, et de Bio informatique, Faculte des sciences et de genie, Groupe de Recherche en Ecologie Buccale, Faculte de Medecine Dentaire, Felix d Herelle Reference Center for Bacterial Viruses, Universite Laval, Quebec G1V 0A6, Canada
Int J Food Microbiol 217:7-13. 2016..The use of these phages did not trigger over-production of S. aureus enterotoxin C. The use of phage cocktails and their rotation may prevent the emergence of phage resistant bacterial strains...
- Challenges in the addition of probiotic cultures to foodsClaude P Champagne
Food Research and Development Center, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, St Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada
Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr 45:61-84. 2005....
- Effects of production methods and protective ingredients on the viability of probiotic Lactobacillus rhamnosus R0011 in air-dried alginate beadsClaude P Champagne
Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Saint Hyacinthe Research and Development Centre, 3600 Casavant Boulevard W, Saint Hyacinthe, QC J2S 8E3, Canada
Can J Microbiol . 2016..rhamnosus R0011 cells improves their subsequent stability during the air-drying process. Dried microencapsulated cultures having 2.6 × 1011 CFU·g-1 were obtained...
- The use of flow cytometry to accurately ascertain total and viable counts of Lactobacillus rhamnosus in chocolateYves Raymond
Food Research and Development Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, 3600 Casavant, Canada
Food Microbiol 46:176-83. 2015..FCT data can serve to identify the correct inoculation level of a sample, and viable counts (FCV or CFU) can subsequently be better interpreted...
- Effect of bovine colostrum, cheese whey, and spray-dried porcine plasma on the in vitro growth of probiotic bacteria and Escherichia coliClaude P Champagne
a Food Research and Development Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Saint Hyacinthe, Que, Canada
Can J Microbiol 60:287-95. 2014..coli...