Amelie M Achim
- On what ground do we mentalize? Characteristics of current tasks and sources of information that contribute to mentalizing judgmentsAmelie M Achim
Centre de recherche de l Institut Universitaire en Santé mentale de Québec and Département de Psychiatrie et neurosciences, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Psychol Assess 25:117-26. 2013....
- Impact of social anxiety on social cognition and functioning in patients with recent-onset schizophrenia spectrum disordersAmelie M Achim
Centre de Recherche de l Institut Universitaire en Santé Mentale de Québec, Canada
Schizophr Res 145:75-81. 2013..Schizophrenia patients display important rates of comorbid social anxiety disorder (SAD) but few studies have directly examined how SAD affects the presentation of schizophrenia, notably social cognition deficits and functioning...
- Mentalizing in first-episode psychosisAmelie M Achim
Centre de Recherche de l Institut, Universitaire en Santé Mentale de Québec, Quebec, QC, Canada
Psychiatry Res 196:207-13. 2012....
- Assessment of empathy in first-episode psychosis and meta-analytic comparison with previous studies in schizophreniaAmelie M Achim
Centre de Recherche Universite Laval Robert Giffard, Quebec City, Canada
Psychiatry Res 190:3-8. 2011..The findings also provide some insight into the relationship between empathy and clinical symptoms such as social anxiety...
- No evidence for a differential deficit of reality monitoring in schizophrenia: a meta-analysis of the associative memory literatureAmelie M Achim
Centre de Recherche Universite Laval Robert Giffard, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Cogn Neuropsychiatry 13:369-84. 2008..Yet the literature on associative memory is decidedly mixed, with some studies showing large deficits and other showing none...
- How prevalent are anxiety disorders in schizophrenia? A meta-analysis and critical review on a significant associationAmelie M Achim
Centre de Recherche Universite Laval Robert Giffard, 2601 de la Canardiere, Québec Beauport, PQ, Canada
Schizophr Bull 37:811-21. 2011....
- The role of recollection in source memory: an examination of schizophrenia patients and their first-degree relativesAmelie M Achim
Centre de Recherche Universite Laval Robert Giffard, Canada
Brain Cogn 75:147-53. 2011....
- Insights from the examination of verbal and spatial memory errors in relation to clinical symptoms of patients with recent-onset schizophreniaCaroline Cellard
Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Cogn Neuropsychiatry 14:542-58. 2009..We also tested the relationship between these memory errors and clinical symptoms...
- Selective pair recognition memory impairment with no response bias in schizophreniaDavid Luck
Brain Imaging Group, Douglas Mental Health University Institute, Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Canada, 6875 Boul LaSalle, Verdun, Quebec, Canada H4H 1R3
Psychiatry Res 169:39-42. 2009..The study also provides evidence that associative impairment may not result from decisional bias but rather from impairments in mnesic processes...
- Social cognition in first-degree relatives of people with schizophrenia: a meta-analysisMarie Audrey Lavoie
Ecole de Psychologie, Universite Laval, Quebec City, QC, Canada
Psychiatry Res 209:129-35. 2013....
- Associative memory encoding and recognition in schizophrenia: an event-related fMRI studyMartin Lepage
Brain Imaging Group, Douglas Hospital Research Centre, Verdun, Quebec, Canada
Biol Psychiatry 60:1215-23. 2006..We used an event-related functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI) approach to examine the neural basis of the selective associative memory deficit in schizophrenia...
- Performance in multiple domains of social cognition in parents of patients with schizophreniaMarie Audrey Lavoie
Ecole de Psychologie, Universite Laval, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada Centre de recherche de l Institut universitaire en santé mentale de Québec, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada Centre interdisciplinaire de recherche en réadaptation et réintégration sociale, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Psychiatry Res 220:118-24. 2014....
- Neural correlates of memory for items and for associations: an event-related functional magnetic resonance imaging studyAmelie M Achim
McGill University and Douglas Hospital Research Centre, Quebec, Canada
J Cogn Neurosci 17:652-67. 2005....
- The heterogeneity of cognitive symptoms in Parkinson's disease: a meta-analysisChristina Tremblay
Department of Rehabilitation, Faculty of Medicine, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 84:1265-72. 2013..Better knowing the impact of different features of PD subgroups could help to design more appropriate treatments for patients with PD. ..
- Structural neural correlates of impairments in social cognition in first episode psychosisMarie Claude Bertrand
Douglas Hospital Research Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Soc Neurosci 3:79-88. 2008..We concluded that structural abnormalities within the MSN may account for the social cognitive deficits present in some psychiatric disorders, such as schizophrenia...
- Associative interference does not affect recognition memory in schizophreniaMartin Lepage
Brain Imaging Group, Douglas Hospital Research Centre, Department of Psychiatry, McGill University 6875 boul LaSalle Verdun, Quebec, Canada
Schizophr Res 80:185-96. 2005..These results provide further support for faulty associative memory processing in schizophrenia...
- Changes in visual perspective influence brain activity patterns during cognitive perspective-taking of other people's painDamien Vistoli
Ecole de Psychologie, Universite Laval, Quebec, QC, Canada Centre de recherche de l Institut universitaire en santé mentale de Québec, Quebec, QC, Canada Centre Interdisciplinaire de Recherche en Réadaptation et Intégration Sociale, Quebec, QC, Canada
Neuropsychologia 85:327-36. 2016....
- Social representations and contextual adjustments as two distinct components of the Theory of Mind brain network: Evidence from the REMICS taskMarie Audrey Lavoie
Ecole de Psychologie, Universite Laval, Canada Centre de recherche de l Institut universitaire en santé mentale de Québec, Canada
Cortex 81:176-91. 2016....
- A meta-analysis and scoping review of social cognition performance in social phobia, posttraumatic stress disorder and other anxiety disordersIndia Plana
Département de Psychiatrie et Neurosciences, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Laval, Canada Centre de recherche de l Institut universitaire en santé mentale de Québec, Canada
J Anxiety Disord 28:169-77. 2014..Some recommendations are expressed for future studies to explore the full range of social cognition in anxiety disorders and allow direct comparisons between different disorders...
- Impact of traumatic brain injury on social cognition in adolescents and contribution of other higher order cognitive functionsBéatrice Tousignant
a École de psychologie, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Neuropsychol Rehabil . 2016..These deficits could partially underlie the social reintegration difficulties encountered following TBI. A systematic assessment of social cognition in clinical practice is necessary...
- Social anxiety disorder in recent onset schizophrenia spectrum disorders: The relation with symptomatology, anxiety, and social rankStephanie Sutliff
Département de Psychiatrie et Neurosciences, Universite Laval, Centre de Recherche de l Institut Universitaire en Santé Mentale de Québec, Canada, 2601 chemin de la Canardière, Quebec, QC G1J 2G3
Psychiatry Res 227:39-45. 2015..Overall, the results suggest that SZ+ and SZ- may have different clinical profiles that could be important to consider when tailoring treatments for these patients...