- A randomized clinical trial of exercise and spinal manipulation for patients with chronic neck pain
Northwestern Health Sciences University, Bloomington, Minnesota, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 26:788-97; discussion 798-9. 2001
..A randomized, parallel-group, single-blinded clinical trial was performed. After a 1-week baseline period, patients were randomized to 11 weeks of therapy, with posttreatment follow-up assessment 3, 6, and 12 months later...
- Responsiveness of general health status in chronic low back pain: a comparison of the COOP charts and the SF-36
Department of Research, Wolfe Harris Center for Clinical Studies, 2501 West 84th Street, Bloomington, MN 55431, USA
Pain 83:201-9. 1999
..52 to 0.86), and the overall canonical correlation was high (R=0.9). In conclusion, both instruments seem equally suitable for use as outcome measures in clinical trials on CLBP. The COOP charts are faster to fill out and score...
- Non-invasive physical treatments for chronic/recurrent headache
Wolfe Harris Center for Clinical Studies, Northwestern Health Sciences University, 2501 W 84th St, Bloomington, MN 55431, USA
Cochrane Database Syst Rev . 2004
..Non-invasive physical treatments are often used to treat common types of chronic/recurrent headache...
- The efficacy of spinal manipulation, amitriptyline and the combination of both therapies for the prophylaxis of migraine headache
C F Nelson
Center for Clinical Studies, Northwestern College of Chiropractic, Bloomington, MN 55431, USA
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 21:511-9. 1998
..Migraine headache affects approximately 11 million adults in the United States. Spinal manipulation is a common alternative therapy for headaches, but its efficacy compared with standard medical therapies is unknown...
- Nonoperative treatments for sciatica: a pilot study for a randomized clinical trial
Wolfe Harris Center for Clinical Studies, Northwestern Health Sciences University, Bloomington, MN 55431, USA
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 23:536-44. 2000
- Efficacy of spinal manipulation for chronic headache: a systematic review
Department of Research, Wolfe Harris Center for Clinical Studies, Northwestern Health Sciences University, Bloomington, MN 55431, USA
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 24:457-66. 2001
..Complementary or alternative therapies are increasingly being used by patients to treat headache pain, and spinal manipulative therapy (SMT) is among the most common of these...