- Multiple primary choledocholithiasis in sickle cell diseasePerla Vicari
Disciplina de Hematologia e Hemoterapia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Intern Med 47:2169-70. 2008..Here, we report an unusual and severe case of multiple primary choledocholithiasis, associated with pancreatitis, in a patient with SCD, fourteen years after cholecystectomy...
- Fulminant stroke in an adult patient with sickle cell anemiaPerla Vicari
Disciplina de Hematologia e Hemoterapia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, UNIFESP EPM, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Acta Haematol 116:67-9. 2006
- Molecular analysis of β-thalassemia patients: first identification of mutations HBB:c.93-2A>G and HBB:c.114G>A in BrazilAndrea Cristina Fernandes
Disciplina de Hematologia e Hemoterapia, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Brazil
Hemoglobin 35:358-66. 2011..93-2A>G and HBB:c.114G>A mutations on the β-globin gene, both in a heterozygous state. This is also the first study to analyze the HS2-LCR in β-thalassemic individuals in the Brazilian population...
- Transcranial Doppler in adult patients with sickle cell diseaseGisele Sampaio Silva
Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Cerebrovasc Dis 21:38-41. 2006..The role of TCD in assessing stroke risk in adults with SCD as well as the pattern of TCD velocities in these patients are still undetermined...
- XmnI polymorphism is associated with fetal hemoglobin levels in hypoplastic syndromesMarily Maria Azevedo Shimmoto
Hematology and Blood Transfusion Service, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo Escola Paulista de Medicina, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 124:110-1. 2006....
- Brain magnetic resonance imaging abnormalities in adult patients with sickle cell disease: correlation with transcranial Doppler findingsGisele Sampaio Silva
Department of Neurology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Stroke 40:2408-12. 2009..Our objectives were to study the frequency of MRI and MR angiography abnormalities in adults with SCD and to define what transcranial Doppler velocities are associated with intracranial stenoses detected by MR angiography...
- Interleukin-1β and interleukin-6 gene polymorphisms are associated with manifestations of sickle cell anemiaPerla Vicari
Disciplina de Hematologia e Hemoterapia, Escola Paulista de Medicina UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Blood Cells Mol Dis 54:244-9. 2015..These data indicate that IL-1β and IL-6 gene SNPs are associated with SCA complications among Brazilian patients and may act as genetic predictors of SCA clinical heterogeneity...
- Acquired hemoglobin H disease in a patient with aplastic anemia evolving into acute myeloid leukemiaMaria Stella Figueiredo
Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 122:273-5. 2004..In contrast to the success of these protocols, studies with long term follow-up have shown the occurrence of clonal diseases such as paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria, myelodysplastic syndrome and acute leukemia in aplastic anemia...
- Embolization of intracranial aneurysms and sickle cell diseasePerla Vicari
Disciplina de Hematologia e Hemoterapia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paolo, Brazil
Am J Hematol 76:83-4. 2004..The authors present a case of endovascular embolization of multiple intracranial aneurysms in a patient with sickle cell anemia with good outcome...
- Effects of hydroxyurea in a population of Brazilian patients with sickle cell anemiaPerla Vicari
Disciplina de Hematologia e Hemoterapia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo EPM, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Am J Hematol 78:243-4. 2005..84-9.08 g/dL, P=0.003). Adverse effects were rare. Labyrinthitis was observed in 2 (9.10%) patients after HU use, although this complication had not been described before...
- Priapism is associated with sleep hypoxemia in sickle cell diseaseMarina Roizenblatt
Disciplina de Hematologia e Hemoterapia, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Urol 188:1245-51. 2012..We assessed penile rigidity during sleep and the relationship of sleep abnormalities with priapism in adults with sickle cell disease...
- Myonecrosis in sickle cell anemia: case report and review of the literaturePerla Vicari
Disciplinas de Hematologia e Hemoterapia, Reumatologia, e Departamento de Diagnóstico por Imagem, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
South Med J 97:894-6. 2004..We report a rare case of sickle myonecrosis and secondary involvement of an associated joint after a severe painful crisis in the left thigh...
- Granulocytic sarcoma giant in chronic myeloid leukemia during imatinib mesylate therapyRita de Cássia Rosário Cavalheiro
Am J Hematol 81:76-7. 2006
- Echocardiographic abnormalities in Brazilian sickle cell patientsPerla Vicari
Am J Hematol 78:160-1. 2005
- Sickle cell trait associated with hereditary spherocytosis: a potentially life-threatening coexistencePerla Vicari
Acta Haematol 110:223. 2003
- Septic arthritis as the first sign of Candida tropicalis fungaemia in an acute lymphoid leukemia patientPerla Vicari
Federal University of Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 7:426-8. 2003..However, this case differs from the other seven, since despite therapy a fast and lethal evolution was observed. We reviewed reported cases, incidence, risk factors, mortality and treatment of neutropenic patients with fungal infections...