José L F Vieira
Affiliation: Universidade Federal do Par
- [Thalidomide used by patients with erythema nodosum leprosum]Maria do Socorro da Silva Valente
Laboratorio de Toxicologia, Faculdade de Farmacia, Universidade Federal do Para, Belem, PA
Rev Soc Bras Med Trop 43:201-4. 2010..Thalidomide is a drug currently used in Brazil for treating erythema nodosum leprosum...
- Methemoglobinemia and dapsone levels in patients with leprosyJose Luiz Fernandes Vieira
Pharmacy School, Universidade Federal do Para, Belem, PA, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 14:319-21. 2010..84 ± 1.67%. No correlations were seen between dapsone levels and methemoglobin in male and female patients. Our results demonstrated that the dosage of dapsone in leprosy treatment does not promote a significant methemoglobinemia...
- Estimates of adherence to treatment of vivax malariaEduardo D Almeida
Laboratório de Toxicologia da Universidade Federal do Pará, Rua Augusto Correa, 01 Campus Universitário do Guamá, Belém Pará, Zip code 66075 740, Brazil
Malar J 13:321. 2014..The objective of this study was to validate a five-item-reported-questionnaire derived from original Morisky four-item scale to estimate adherence to P. vivax malaria therapy...
- Effects of creatine supplementation on oxidative stress profile of athletesSandro Percario
Biological Sciences Institute, Federal University of Para, Belem, PA, Brazil
J Int Soc Sports Nutr 9:56. 2012..abstract:..
- Effects of immunomodulatory drugs on TNF-α and IL-12 production by purified epidermal langerhans cells and peritoneal macrophagesSimone R Campelo
Dermato Immunology Laboratory, Federal University of Para, Dr Marcello Candia Reference Unit in Sanitary Dermatology of the State of Pará, Marituba, PA, Brazil
BMC Res Notes 4:24. 2011....
- Quinine levels in patients with uncomplicated falciparum malaria in the Amazon region of BrazilJose Luiz Fernandes Vieira
Department of Legal Medicine, Federal University of Para, Belem, PA, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 12:353-4. 2008..All samples collected before starting treatment were negative for quinine. This information could help in the development of strategies for the rational use of antimalarial drugs in Brazil...
- Relationship between plasma and red blood cell concentrations of quinine in Brazilian children with uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria on oral therapyJosé L F Vieira
Toxicology Laboratory, Para Federal University, Belem, PA, Brazil
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 51:109-10. 2009..89 +/- 1.25 ranging from 1.05 to 2.34. This result demonstrated that quinine do not concentrate in red blood cell of Brazilian children and characterize the absence of interracial difference in this relationship...
- Thalidomide levels in patients with erythema nodosum leprosumJose Luiz Fernandes Vieira
Laboratório de Toxicologia da Faculdade de Farmacia da Universidade Federal do Pará, Augusto Corrêa Street 01, Belem, Para, Brazil
Ther Drug Monit 31:602-3. 2009..No differences were observed in thalidomide concentrations between and within the groups. Our results suggested that leprosy multidrug therapy does not seem to affect the plasma concentrations of thalidomide in patients with ENL...
- Mercury distribution in organs of two species of fish from Amazon regionJ L F Vieira
Pharmacy Faculty, Laboratory of Toxicology, 1 Para Federal University, Augusto Corrêa Street 01, Belem, PA 55075 110, Brazil
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 87:377-80. 2011..45 ± 0.27 ug/g dry wt) and in muscle (0.26 ± 0.05 ug/g dry wt) of non piscivorous fish. These results suggested that the presence of anthropogenic source plays a key role in the pattern of mercury distribution in fish tissues...