Ricardo Aurino de Pinho
Affiliation: Universidade do Extremo Sul Catarinense
- Alterations in muscular oxidative metabolism parameters in incremental treadmill exercise test in untrained ratsRicardo A Pinho
Universidade do Extremo Sul Catarinense, Criciuma, SC, Brazil
Eur J Appl Physiol 112:387-96. 2012..Our results show interesting alterations in the muscular metabolism parameters, and suggest a differential response of muscle oxidative metabolism when intense exercise is applied at different speeds...
- Oxidative stress and inflammatory parameters after an Ironman raceRicardo A Pinho
Exercise Biochemistry and Physiology Laboratory, Postgraduate Program in Health Sciences, Health Sciences Unit, University of Southern Santa Catarina, Criciuma, Santa Catarina, Brazil
Clin J Sport Med 20:306-11. 2010..The aim of the present study was to investigate oxidative stress markers and inflammatory response in triathletes after an Ironman race (IR)...
- N-acetylcysteine and deferoxamine reduce pulmonary oxidative stress and inflammation in rats after coal dust exposureRicardo A Pinho
Centro de Estudos em Estresse Oxidativo, Departamento de Bioquimica, UFRGS, Brazil
Environ Res 99:355-60. 2005..The administration of NAC alone or in association with DFX reduced the inflammatory response and the oxidative stress parameters in rats exposed to coal dust...
- Imbalance in SOD/CAT activities in rat skeletal muscles submitted to treadmill training exerciseRicardo A Pinho
Departamento de Bioquimica, Centro de Estudos em Estresse Oxidativo, UFRGS, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Cell Biol Int 30:848-53. 2006..TBARS levels were significantly decreased and, in contrast, a significant increase in protein carbonylation was observed. These results suggest a non-described adaptation of skeletal muscle against exercise-induced oxidative stress...
- [Coronary heart disease, physical exercise and oxidative stress]Ricardo Aurino de Pinho
Laboratório de Fisiologia e Bioquímica do Exercício Universidade do Extremo Sul Catarinense, Bairro Universitario, Criciuma, SC Brazil
Arq Bras Cardiol 94:549-55. 2010..Intense exercising is also related to higher oxygen consumption and to a resulting increase of oxygen free radicals (OFR)...
- Oxidative stress in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients submitted to a rehabilitation programR A Pinho
Laboratório de Estresse Oxidativo, Departamento de Bioquimica, ICBS, UFRGS, Brazil
Respir Med 101:1830-5. 2007....
- The effect of n-acetylcysteine and deferoxamine on exercise-induced oxidative damage in striatum and hippocampus of miceAderbal S Aguiar
Laboratory of Exercise Physiology, PPGCS, Universidade do Extremo Sul Catarinense, Criciuma, SC 88806 000, Brazil
Neurochem Res 33:729-36. 2008..NAC and DFX supplementation significantly protected (P < 0.05) against oxidative damage. These results indicate intense exercise as oxidant and NAC and DFX as antioxidant to the hippocampus and the striatum...
- Attenuation of bleomycin-induced lung injury and oxidative stress by N-acetylcysteine plus deferoxamineKelly C Teixeira
Laboratório de Fisiologia e Bioquímica do Exercício UNESC, Av Universitaria, 1105 Bairro Universitario, 88806 000 Criciuma, SC, Brazil
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 21:309-16. 2008..The use of DFX improves the defense response and in association with NAC may be a good alternative in the treatment or prevention of diseases that have ROS and iron involved in their pathogenesis...
- Oxidative stress and metabolism in animal model of colitis induced by dextran sulfate sodiumCarlos R Damiani
Laboratory of Experimental Biochemistry, Universidade do Extremo Sul Catarinense, Criciuma, Brazil
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:1846-51. 2007..The aim of this work was to evaluate the effects of N-acetylcysteine (NAC) and deferoxamine (DFX) in the treatment of colitis induced by dextran sulfate sodium (DSS)...
- Effect of therapeutic pulsed ultrasound on parameters of oxidative stress in skeletal muscle after injuryLuciana S Freitas
Laboratório de Fisiopatologia Experimental, Universidade do Extremo Sul Catarinense, 88806 000 Criciuma, SC, Brazil
Cell Biol Int 31:482-8. 2007..It is tempting to speculate that TPU seems to protect the tissue from oxidative injury. TPU diminished catalase and SOD activities, especially on the first day following muscle laceration...
- Lung oxidative response after acute coal dust exposureRicardo A Pinho
Laboratório de Estresse Oxidativo Departamento de Bioquímica UFRGS, Ramiro Barcelos, 2600 Anexo, 90620 050 Porto Alegre, Brazil
Environ Res 96:290-7. 2004..These data suggested a biphasic inflammatory response and the involvement of oxidative damage in coal dust-induced lung damage...
- Intense exercise induces mitochondrial dysfunction in mice brainAderbal S Aguiar
Laboratory of Exercise Physiology and Biochemistry, Post graduation Program in Health Sciences, Universidade do Extremo Sul Catarinense, Criciuma, SC 88806 000, Brazil
Neurochem Res 33:51-8. 2008..05) increased thiobarbituric acid reactive species levels in the brain cortex. In summary, intense exercise promoted brain mitochondrial dysfunction due to decreased BDNF levels in the frontal cortex of mice...
- Mitochondrial IV complex and brain neurothrophic derived factor responses of mice brain cortex after downhill trainingAderbal S Aguiar
Laboratorio de Fisiologia e Bioquimica do Exercicio, Programa de Pos Graduacao em Ciencias da Saude, Universidade do Extremo Sul Catarinense, 88806 000 Criciuma, SC, Brazil
Neurosci Lett 426:171-4. 2007..05) brain cortex cytochrome c oxidase activity when compared to untrained control and level running exercise groups. BDNF levels significantly decreased (P<0.05) in both exercise groups...
- Evaluation of mitochondrial respiratory chain activity in wound healing by low-level laser therapyPaulo C L Silveira
Laboratorio de Fisiologia e Bioquimica do Exercicio, Universidade do Extremo Sul Catarinense, 88806 000 Criciuma, SC, Brazil
J Photochem Photobiol B 86:279-82. 2007..More studies are being carried out in order to evaluate other mitochondrial enzymes activities after different doses and irradiation time of low-level laser...
- Oxidative parameters and mortality in sepsis induced by cecal ligation and perforationCristiane Ritter
Departamento de Bioquimica, Centro de Estudos em Estresse Oxidativo, UFRGS, Ramiro Barcelos 2600 anexo, Porto Alegre, 90035 003 Brazil
Intensive Care Med 29:1782-9. 2003..This study assessed parameters of free radical damage to biomolecules, mitochondrial superoxide production, superoxide dismutase, and catalase activities and their relationship to sepsis mortality...