Maria Angela Bianconcini Trindade
- Post-kala-azar dermal leishmaniasis and leprosy: case report and literature reviewMaria Angela Bianconcini Trindade
Laboratório de Investigação Médica LIM 56, Imunodermatologia, Hospital das Clínicas da Universidade de São Paulo, Dr Enéas Carvalho Aguiar 470, 3 andar, prédio 2 Instituto de Medicina Tropical, Sao Paulo, 05403900, Brazil
BMC Infect Dis 15:543. 2015..The authors report a co-infection case of leprosy and VL, which evolved into PKDL and discuss the clinical and the pathological aspects in the patient and review the literature on this disease...
- Leprosy and tuberculosis co-infection: clinical and immunological report of two cases and review of the literatureMaria Ângela B Trindade
Hanseniasis Outpatient Unit, Laboratory of Medical Investigation Units 56 and 53, Division of Dermatology, Clinics Hospital, Medical School, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Am J Trop Med Hyg 88:236-40. 2013....
- Eyelid discoid lupus erythematosus and contact dermatitis: a case reportM A B Trindade
Department of Dermatology, Paulista School of Medicine, Federal University of São Paulo State, Rua Botucatu 740, Ground Floor, CEP 04023 062, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 18:577-9. 2004..ACD caused by drugs (e.g. neomycin) is also frequent in this region. However, DLE with periorbital presentation without evidence of systemic or other cutaneous involvement is rare...
- A patient with erythema nodosus leprosum and Chagas cardiopathy: challenges in patient management and review of the literatureMaria Ângela B Trindade
Division of Clinical Dermatology, and Division of Infectious Diseases, Clinics Hospital, Medical School, University of Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Am J Trop Med Hyg 84:973-7. 2011....
- Granulomatous reactivation during the course of a leprosy infection: reaction or relapseMaria Angela Bianconcini Trindade
Health Institute, São Paulo State Health Department, Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 4:e921. 2010..Leprosy is a chronic granulomatous infectious disease and is still endemic in many parts of the world. It causes disabilities which are the consequence of nerve damage. This damage is in most cases the result of immunological reactions...
- Delayed diagnosis of multibacillary leprosy: a report of eight casesMaria Angela Bianconcini Trindade
Dermatology Clinic, Clinical Hospital, Sao Paulo University, Rua Cristiano Viana 450, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 13:155-7. 2009..These cases illustrate the importance of medical education and public information about leprosy's signs and symptoms for prompt recognition and treatment, which are necessary to prevent permanent disabilities and eradicate the disease...
- Accuracy of store-and-forward diagnosis in leprosyMaria Angela Bianconcini Trindade
Medicine Faculty, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Telemed Telecare 14:208-10. 2008..The sensitivity was 78% and the specificity was 31%. Although the specificity was low, the study suggests that telemedicine may be a useful low-cost method for obtaining second opinions in programmes to control leprosy...
- Role of dermatologists in leprosy elimination and in the post-elimination eraMaria Angela Bianconcini Trindade
Scientific Researcher, Institute of Health, Secretary of São Paulo, Brazil
Lepr Rev 78:50-1. 2007
- Two patients coinfected with Mycobacterium leprae and human immunodeficiency virus type 1 and naive for antiretroviral therapy who exhibited type 1 leprosy reactions mimicking the immune reconstitution inflammatory syndromeM A B Trindade
Department of Dermatology, Medical School of the University of São Paulo, Rua Cristiano Viana 450, ap 163, São Paulo CEP 05411 000, Brazil
J Clin Microbiol 44:4616-8. 2006....
- Leprosy and HIV co-infection in five patientsMaria Angela Bianconcini Trindade
Division of Hansenology and Sanitary Dermatology, Sao Paulo State Health Secretariat, Brazil
Lepr Rev 76:162-6. 2005..In four patients, this revealed their leprosy and induced a type I leprosy reaction. Two patients who were lepromin negative at diagnosis were retested after about 1 year of anti-retroviral treatment, and found to be positive...
- Development of Type 2, But Not Type 1, Leprosy Reactions is Associated with a Severe Reduction of Circulating and In situ Regulatory T-CellsAna Paula Vieira
Laboratory of Medical Investigation Unit 56, Division of Clinical Dermatology, Medical School, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil Department of Pathology, Medical School, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil São Paulo State Health Department, Health Institute, Sao Paulo, Brazil Laboratory of Medical Investigation Unit 53, Tropical Medicine Institute, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Am J Trop Med Hyg 94:721-7. 2016..Our results provide some evidence to the hypothesis that, in T2R, downmodulation of Tregs may favor the development of T-helper-17 responses that characterize this reaction...
- Primary neural leprosy: systematic reviewJosé Antonio Garbino
Instituto Lauro de Souza Lima, Secretaria de Estado de Saúde, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 71:397-404. 2013..serological testing for the detection of the phenolic glycolipid 1 (PGL-I) and the polymerase chain reaction (PCR); and treatment (classification criteria for the definition of specific treatment, steroid treatment, and cure criteria). ..
- Differential expression of the costimulatory molecules CD86, CD28, CD152 and PD-1 correlates with the host-parasite outcome in leprosyMaria de Lourdes Palermo
Laboratório de Investigação Médica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 107:167-73. 2012..Notably, the contacts exhibited proper CD86 and CD28 expression but not exacerbated CD152 or PD-1 expression, suggesting that they tend to develop a balanced immunity without requiring immunosuppressive costimulatory signalling...