Cristiane Valle Tovo
- Progression of liver fibrosis in monoinfected patients by hepatitis C virus and coinfected by HCV and human immunodeficiency virusCristiane Valle Tovo
Hospital Nossa Senhora da Conceicao, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Arq Gastroenterol 50:19-22. 2013..Studies made before the highly active antiretroviral therapy suggest that HIV can change the natural history of the HCV infection, leading to a faster progression of the liver fibrosis...
- Impact of human immunodeficiency virus infection in patients infected with the hepatitis C virusCristiane Valle Tovo
Hospital Nossa Senhora da Conceição HNSC, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Liver Int 27:40-6. 2007..The objective of the present study is to evaluate the impact of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) in patients with hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection...
- [Evaluation of the cellular immunity in patients coinfected by the hepatitis C virus and the human immunodeficiency virus]Cristiane Valle Tovo
Hospital Nossa Senhora da Conceicao, Porto Alegre, RS
Arq Gastroenterol 44:113-7. 2007..By the other side, the immune restoration observed after the onset of antiretroviral therapy can be partially obscured in patients with the hepatitis C virus...
- [Alpha-interferon versus peg-interferon associated to ribavirin in the treatment of genotype 1 hepatitis C virus and human immunodeficiency virus coinfected patients]Paulo Roberto Lerias de Almeida
Servicos de Medicina Interna, Hospital Nossa Senhora da Conceicao, Porto Alegre, RS
Arq Gastroenterol 46:132-7. 2009..There are few studies in the literature comparing these two treatments options in this population...
- Immune restoration in human immunodeficiency virus and hepatitis C virus coinfected patients after highly active antiretroviral therapyVicente Sperb Antonello
Department of Infection Control, Hospital Fêmina, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil Department of Infectious Diseases, Hospital Nossa Senhora da Conceicao, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil Post graduation Course in Hepatology, Universidade Federal de Ciências da Saúde de Porto Alegre, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil Electronic address
Braz J Infect Dis 17:551-4. 2013....
- [Evaluation of APRI score in liver disease following the introduction of antiretroviral therapy in HIV and HCV coinfected versus HIV monoinfected patients]Vicente Sperb Antonello
Servico de Infectologia, Hospital Nossa Senhora da Conceicao, Porto Alegre, RS
Rev Soc Bras Med Trop 43:678-81. 2010..Noninvasive hepatic fibrosis markers show great promise in determining liver fibrosis staging and monitoring disease progression...
- Polymorphisms and resistance mutations of hepatitis C virus on sequences in the European hepatitis C virus databaseDimas Alexandre Kliemann
Dimas Alexandre Kliemann, Cristiane Valle Tovo, Ana Beatriz Gorini da Veiga, Angelo Alves de Mattos, Graduate Program in Medicine Hepatology Universidade Federal de Ciências da Saúde de Porto Alegre, Porto Alegre, RS 90050 170, Brazil
World J Gastroenterol 22:8910-8917. 2016..To evaluate the occurrence of resistant mutations in treatment-naïve hepatitis C virus (HCV) sequences deposited in the European hepatitis C virus database (euHCVdb)...
- Proteinuria is common among HIV patients: what are we missing?Vicente Sperb Antonello
Departamento de Infecção, Hospital Fêmina, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 70:691-5. 2015..HIV-related renal diseases are the leading causes of chronic kidney diseases worldwide. The present study aimed to investigate the prevalence of pathological proteinuria and its risk factors among HIV patients...
- Hypertension--an emerging cardiovascular risk factor in HIV infectionVicente Sperb Antonello
IAPI HIV Clinic, Porto Alegre, Brazil Department of Infection Prevention and Control, Hospital Fêmina, Porto Alegre, Brazil Post Graduate Course in Hepatology, Universidade Federal de Ciências da Saúde de Porto Alegre, Porto Alegre, Brazil Electronic address
J Am Soc Hypertens 9:403-7. 2015..Age and obesity were the factors associated with hypertension. Finally, the present study indicates a similar pattern of behavior and comorbidities for HIV-positive and -negative patients in relation to hypertension...
- HAART and liver: is it safe?Vicente Sperb Antonello
Hospital Fêmina, Porto Alegre, RS, Brasil
J Infect Dev Ctries 8:1444-50. 2014..This study investigates the possibility that chronic HCV increases the risk of hepatotoxicity after highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) initiation...
- [Spontaneous bacterial peritonitis: impact of microbiological changes]Paulo Roberto Lerias de Almeida
Servico de Medicina Interna, Hospital Nossa Senhora da Conceicao, Porto Alegre, RS
Arq Gastroenterol 44:68-72. 2007..Spontaneous bacterial peritonitis is a serious complication in cirrhotic patients, and the changes in the microbiological characteristics reported in the last years are impacting the choice of antibiotic used in the treatment...
- HEPATOCELLULAR CARCINOMA IN A NON-CIRRHOTIC PATIENT WITH SUSTAINED VIROLOGICAL RESPONSE AFTER HEPATITIS C TREATMENTAngelo Alves de Mattos
Universidade Federal de Ciências da Saúde de Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 57:519-22. 2015..Thus, we present the case of a non-cirrhotic fifty-year-old male with HCV infection, genotype 3a, who developed HCC two years after treatment with pegylated-interferon and ribavirin, with SVR, in Brazil. ..
- Nutritional evaluation in cirrhosis: Emphasis on the phase angleSabrina Alves Fernandes
Sabrina Alves Fernandes, Angelo Alves de Mattos, Cristiane Valle Tovo, Claudio Augusto Marroni, Postgraduate Program at Universidade Federal de Ciências da Saúde de Porto Alegre UFCSPA, Porto Alegre, RS 90420 060, Brazil
World J Hepatol 8:1205-1211. 2016..Among the usually accepted methods for nutritional diagnosis, the PA provides information in a quick and objective manner...
- Incidence of hepatocellular carcinoma in outpatients with cirrhosis in Brazil: A 10-year retrospective cohort studyMarcelo Campos Appel-da-Silva
Marcelo Campos Appel da Silva, Suelen Aparecida da Silva Miozzo, Isabella de Azevedo Dossin, Cristiane Valle Tovo, Angelo Alves de Mattos, Graduate Program Hepatology, Universidade Federal de Ciências da Saúde de Porto Alegre UFCSPA, Porto Alegre, RS 900150 170, Brazil
World J Gastroenterol 22:10219-10225. 2016..To determine the incidence of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and the impact of HCC surveillance on early diagnosis and survival of cirrhotic outpatients...
- Genetic Barrier to Direct Acting Antivirals in HCV Sequences Deposited in the European DatabankDimas Alexandre Kliemann
Graduate Program in Medicine, Hepatology, Universidade Federal de Ciências da Saúde de Porto Alegre UFCSPA, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
PLoS ONE 11:e0159924. 2016..The aim of this study was to analyze the impact of genetic variability on the genetic barrier to drug resistance to DAAs...
- Urinary protein-to-creatinine ratio versus 24-h proteinuria in the screening for nephropathy in HIV patientsVicente Sperb Antonello
IAPI HIV Clinic, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil Department of Infection Prevention and Control, Hospital Fêmina, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil Post Graduate Course in Hepatology, Universidade Federal de Ciências da Saúde de Porto Alegre, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Int J STD AIDS 26:479-82. 2015..Further studies are required to evaluate renal disease in HIV patients with chronic renal disease and higher urinary protein excretion. ..
- Percutaneous liver biopsy--2 decades of experience in a public hospital in the South of BrazilRafael Bergesch D'Incao
Former Medical Resident of the Service of Gastroenterology, Hospital Nossa Senhora da Conceição HNSC, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Ann Hepatol 12:876-80. 2013..The objective is to assess the patients' profile as well as the indication and results of percutaneous liver biopsies in a tertiary hospital...
- [Ambulatorial prevalence of hepatitis B and C markers in patients with human immunodeficiency virus infection in a general hospital]Cristiane Valle Tovo
Arq Gastroenterol 43:73-6. 2006..Hepatitis B and C viruses and human immunodeficiency virus share the same route of transmission, and the prevalence of HBV and HCV infection in patients infected with HIV is greater than it is in the general population...
- Hepatitis B vaccine efficacy in patients with chronic liver disease by hepatitis C virusAngelo Alves de Mattos
Department of Gastroenterology, Fundação Faculdade de Ciências Médicas of Porto Alegre FFFCMPA, Brazil
Arq Gastroenterol 41:180-4. 2004..Considering the immunosuppression of patients with chronic liver disease, their response to vaccination is discussed in literature...