Genomes and Genes
- P27Kip1 is down-regulated in the endometrium of women with endometriosisEduardo Schor
Pelvic Pain and Endometriosis Unit, Gynecology Department, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Fertil Steril 91:682-6. 2009..To evaluate p27 protein expression in the endometrium of women with endometriosis...
- The V109G polymorphism in the p27 gene is associated with endometriosisCíntia M Camargo-Kosugi
Federal University of Sao Paulo, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Gynecology Department, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 145:180-3. 2009..To investigate the prevalence of the p27 gene polymorphism in women with endometriosis...
- Disrupted cell cycle control in cultured endometrial cells from patients with endometriosis harboring the progesterone receptor polymorphism PROGINSPaulo D'Amora
Pelvic Pain and Endometriosis Unit, Gynecology Department, Molecular Gynecology and Proteomics Laboratory, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo Escola Paulista de Medicina, Sao Paulo, Brasil
Am J Pathol 175:215-24. 2009..Because progesterone responsiveness is known to be an important characteristic of women with endometriosis, these data support the contention that the PROGINS polymorphism enhances the endometriosis phenotype...
- Genetic polymorphisms of cytochrome P450cl7alpha (CYP17) and progesterone receptor genes (PROGINS) in the assessment of endometriosis riskCristina Valleta De Carvalho
Molecular Gynecology Laboratory, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Gynecol Endocrinol 23:29-33. 2007..On the other hand, differences in the CYP17 polymorphism (-34T-->C) frequencies were not even close to significance (p = 0.278) according to our findings...
- Intron 1 and exon 1 alpha estrogen receptor gene polymorphisms in women with endometriosisHelio Sato
Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Fertil Steril 90:2086-90. 2008..To evaluate the association of intron 1 and exon 1 polymorphisms in the estrogen receptor alpha gene (ER-alpha) with endometriosis in women...
- Vascular entrapment of the sciatic plexus causing catamenial sciatica and urinary symptomsNucelio Lemos
Pelvic Neurodysfunction Clinic of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Rua Jose de Magalhaes, 373 ap904, Sao Paulo, SP, CEP 04026 090, Brazil
Int Urogynecol J 27:317-9. 2016..Fertil Steril 95(2):756-8. 2011). The objective of this video is to explain and describe the symptoms suggestive of vascular entrapment of the sacral plexus, as well as the technique for the laparoscopic decompression of these nerves...
- Evaluation of pre- and post-operative symptoms in patients submitted to linear stapler nodulectomy due to anterior rectal wall endometriosisGil Kamergorodsky
Pelvic Pain and Endometriosis Unit, Department of Gynecology, Escola Paulista de Medicina da Universidade Federal de São Paulo EPM Unifesp, Rua Américo Brasiliense, 1479 3 andar, Sao Paulo, 04715 003, SP, Brazil
Surg Endosc 29:2389-93. 2015..The objective of this study was to evaluate the feasibility and safety of a more versatile rectosigmoid nodulectomy technique using a linear stapler...
- Evaluation of quality of life and sexual satisfaction in women suffering from chronic pelvic pain with or without endometriosisTatiana M Tripoli
Federal University of São Paulo Pelvic Pain and Endometriosis Unit Department of Gynecology, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Sex Med 8:497-503. 2011..This is an enigmatic clinical condition that results from the complex interactions of physiological and psychological factors with direct impact on the social, marital, and professional lives of women...
- Laparoscopic anatomy of the autonomic nerves of the pelvis and the concept of nerve-sparing surgery by direct visualization of autonomic nerve bundlesNucelio Lemos
Department of Gynecology, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil Electronic address
Fertil Steril 104:e11-2. 2015..To demonstrate the laparoscopic neuroanatomy of the autonomic nerves of the pelvis using the laparoscopic neuronavigation technique, as well as the technique for a nerve-sparing radical endometriosis surgery...
- Recognition and treatment of endometriosis involving the sacral nerve rootsNucelio Lemos
Pelvic Neurodysfunction Clinic of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology of the Federal University of São Paulo, Rua Jose de Magalhaes, 373 ap904, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil, CEP 04026 090
Int Urogynecol J 27:147-50. 2016....
- Polymorphisms in exons 1B and 1C of the type I interleukin-1 receptor gene in patients with endometriosisPaulo D'Amora
Molecular Gynecology Laboratory, Gynecology Department, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Am J Reprod Immunol 56:178-84. 2006..058). However, in relation to BsrBI polymorphism, protective risk was observed for the development of endometriosis [OR 0.39-IC 95% (0.2-0.9)]. BsrBI heterozygote genotype (C/A) showed protective effect against endometriosis development...
- Sacral nerve infiltrative endometriosis presenting as perimenstrual right-sided sciatica and bladder atonia: case report and description of surgical techniqueNucelio Lemos
Department of Gynecology, Pelvic Neurodysfunction Clinic, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 19:396-400. 2012..Recognition of the clinical markers for these lesions may lead to an increase in diagnosis and specific treatment...
- [Postural evaluation in women with chronic pelvic pain]Renata Miranda
Departamento de Ginecologia, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Rev Bras Ginecol Obstet 31:353-60. 2009..to evaluate by photogrammetry, postural changes in women with chronic pelvic pain...
- Schistosoma mansoni pseudo-cyst as a cause of chronic pelvic painSergio M Nicolau
Department of Gynecology, Escola Paulista de Medicina Federal University of São Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 29:392-4. 2003..A pseudocyst was removed from the pelvic region. The histopathology confirmed the diagnosis of S. mansoni. This is a rare case of S. mansoni in the pelvic cavity...