- Presence of the RHD pseudogene and the hybrid RHD-CE-D(s) gene in Brazilians with the D-negative phenotypeA Rodrigues
Hemocentro, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, SP, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 35:767-73. 2002..These data confirm that the inclusion of two different multiplex PCR for RHD is essential to test the D-negative Brazilian population in order to avoid false-positive typing of polytransfused patients and fetuses...
- High frequency of partial DIIIa and DAR alleles found in sickle cell disease patients suggests increased risk of alloimmunization to RhDL Castilho
Hemocentro Unicamp, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Transfus Med 15:49-55. 2005..Three patients were anti-D immunized (DAR, n = 1; DIIIa/DAR, n = 2). These findings suggest that SCD patients who are candidates for chronic transfusion may benefit from genotyping for DIIIa and DAR to prevent alloimmunization...
- Weakened expression of 'e' owing to concomitant occurrence of Cys16 and Val245 (VS antigen)A Rodrigues
Hemocentro da UNICAMP, SP, Brazil
Vox Sang 86:136-40. 2004..This study investigated the association of Cys16 and/or VS with the RHCE ce alleles in a cohort of sickle cell disease (SCD) patients phenotyped as R(0)r or R(0)R(0) and rr...
- Anti-D alloimmunization by weak D type 1 red blood cells with a very low antigen densityM Mota
Departamento de Hemoterapia, Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein, SP, Brazil
Vox Sang 88:130-5. 2005
- Prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission: similar access for sub-Sahara African immigrants and for French women?Carine Jasseron
INSERM Unit 822, Le Kremlin Bicetre, Paris, France
AIDS 22:1503-11. 2008..To investigate whether mother-to-child transmission (MTCT) management and rate differed between African immigrants and French-born women delivering in France...