- Restriction of dairy products; a reality in inflammatory bowel disease patientsMirella Brasil Lopes
Department of Sciences of Nutrition School of Nutrition Federal University of Bahia Salvador Bahia Brazil
Nutr Hosp 29:575-81. 2014..Calcium deficiency is considered a risk factor for the development of osteoporosis in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) patients. Various dietary restrictions, including milk products are reported by these patients...
- Body mass index and waist circumference in non-alcoholic fatty liver diseaseR Rocha
Curso de Pós Graduação em Medicina e Saúde, Faculdade de Medicina da Bahia, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Bahia, Brazil
J Hum Nutr Diet 18:365-70. 2005....
- [Non alcoholic fatty liver disease: treatment with soluble fibres]Raquel Rocha
Escola de Nutrição, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Salvador, BA, Brazil
Arq Gastroenterol 44:350-2. 2007..The present study suggests that oral soluble fibers may be useful to control risk factors and liver enzymes in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. However, future studies with histological controls are considered necessary...
- Analysis of fat and muscle mass in patients with inflammatory bowel disease during remission and active phaseRaquel Rocha
Department of Sciences of Nutrition, School of Nutrition, Federal University of Bahia, Avenida Araújo Pinho 32, Canela 40110 150, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
Br J Nutr 101:676-9. 2009..05). In conclusion, patients without signs of malnutrition had fat mass depletion especially in the active phase and muscle mass depletion occurred both in CD and UC patients...
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in asymptomatic Brazilian adolescentsRaquel Rocha
Federal University of Bahia, School of Medicine, Bahia 40110 150, Brazil
World J Gastroenterol 15:473-7. 2009..To evaluate the prevalence and clinical characteristics of Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) among asymptomatic Brazilian adolescents...
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in severely obese individuals: the influence of bariatric surgeryAntônio Ricardo de Andrade
Postgraduate Course in Medicine and Health PPGMS, Universidade Federal da Bahia UFBA, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
Ann Hepatol 7:364-8. 2008..Here, we discuss the behavior and prognosis of this liver disease following post-surgical weight loss...
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and insulin resistance: importance of risk factors and histological spectrumAna Cristina Guidorizzi de Siqueira
Curso de Pós Graduação em Medicina e Saúde, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade Federal da Bahia, Brazil
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 17:837-41. 2005....
- Epidemiology, demographic characteristics and prognostic predictors of ulcerative colitisBruno César da Silva
Bruno César da Silva, Post graduate Program in Medicine and Health, Federal University of Bahia, Salvador, Bahia 40110 060, Brazil
World J Gastroenterol 20:9458-67. 2014..The aim of this article was to review the epidemiology and demographic characteristics of UC and the factors that may be associated with its clinical prognosis. ..