Andréa C Deslandes
Affiliation: Rio de Janeiro
- Electroencephalographic frontal asymmetry and depressive symptoms in the elderlyAndréa C Deslandes
Center for Alzheimer Disease and Related Disorders, Institute of Psychiatry, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Biol Psychol 79:317-22. 2008..The relationship between depression and frontal asymmetry was better observed in healthy elderly, where relatively greater left frontal activity was associated with less depressive symptoms...
- Exercise and mental health: many reasons to moveAndrea Deslandes
National School of Public Health, Institute of Psychiatry, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Neuropsychobiology 59:191-8. 2009..The overwhelming evidence present in the literature today suggests that exercise ensures successful brain functioning...
- Effect of aerobic training on EEG alpha asymmetry and depressive symptoms in the elderly: a 1-year follow-up studyA C Deslandes
Centro de Doença de Alzheimer e Outros Transtornos da Velhice, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Braz J Med Biol Res 43:585-92. 2010..Exercise facilitates the treatment of depressive elderly adults, leading to clinical and physical improvement and protecting against a decrease in cortical activity...
- Effects of exercise on electroencephalographic mean frequency in depressed elderly subjectsHeitor Silveira
Center for Alzheimer s Disease and Related Disorders, Institute of Psychiatry, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil hsilveira hotmail com
Neuropsychobiology 61:141-7. 2010..An analysis of cortical activity by electroencephalogram (EEG) may show different patterns in depressed and normal individuals...
- EEG frontal asymmetry in the depressed and remitted elderly: is it related to the trait or to the state of depression?Alessandro Carvalho
Center for Alzheimer Disease and Related Disorders CDA, Institute of Psychiatry IPUB, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
J Affect Disord 129:143-8. 2011..Over the last 30 years, frontal EEG asymmetry has been investigated with regards to the study of emotion, motivation, and psychopathology...
- We need to move more: Neurobiological hypotheses of physical exercise as a treatment for Parkinson's diseaseRenato S Monteiro-Junior
Exercise Physiology Laboratory of Brazilian Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine, Laureate International Universities, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Neuroscience Laboratory of Exercise LaNEx, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil Doctoral Program in Neurology Neurosciences, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Niteroi, RJ, Brazil Post graduation Program in Science of Physical Activity, Universidade Salgado de Oliveira, Niteroi, Brazil Electronic address
Med Hypotheses 85:537-41. 2015..These neurochemical phenomena promote neuroplasticity, which, in turn, decreases neural apoptosis and may delay the neurodegeneration process, preventing or decreasing PD development and symptoms, respectively. ..
- Comparison of strength training, aerobic training, and additional physical therapy as supplementary treatments for Parkinson's disease: pilot studyAlessandro Carvalho
Centro de Doença de Alzheimer e Outros Transtornos da Velhice, Instituto de Psiquiatria, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Centro de Estudo e Pesquisa do Envelhecimento, Instituto Vital Brazil, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Clin Interv Aging 10:183-91. 2015..Physical rehabilitation is commonly used in patients with Parkinson's disease (PD) to improve their health and alleviate the symptoms...
- Acute effects of exercise on mood and EEG activity in healthy young subjects: a systematic reviewEduardo Lattari
Neuroscience Exercise Laboratory, Postgraduate Program of Exercise and Sport Science, Gama Filho University LaNEx PPGCEE UGF, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets 13:972-80. 2014..In general, EEG measures showed contradictory evidence of its ability to predict or modulate psychological mood states through exercise intervention. ..
- Continuous and high-intensity interval training: which promotes higher pleasure?Bruno R R Oliveira
Exercise and Sports Sciences Graduate Program of Gama Filho University, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Physical Education Department of President Antônio Carlos University, Minas Gerais, Brazil
PLoS ONE 8:e79965. 2013..To compare the psychological responses to continuous (CT) and high-intensity interval training (HIT) sessions...
- Comparison of two proposed guidelines for aerobic training sessionsBruno R R Oliveira
Exercise and Sport Sciences Graduate Program, University Gama Filho, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Percept Mot Skills 115:645-60. 2012..The PBVO2max, compared to PBPA, seems to provide better physiological and affective responses. VO2max (even if estimated) is recommended as the basis for aerobic prescriptions...