Marcus B Conde
Affiliation: Rio de Janeiro
- COPD Assessment Test (CAT) score as a predictor of major depression among subjects with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and mild hypoxemia: a case-control studyJosé Laerte R Silva Júnior
Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade Federal de Goias UFG, Goiania, Brazil
BMC Pulm Med 14:186. 2014..The aim of this study is to determine association between COPD Assessment Test (CAT) and major depression among clinically stable out-patient COPD subjects with mild hypoxemia...
- Yield of close contact tracing using two different programmatic approaches from tuberculosis index cases: a retrospective quasi-experimental studyCarla Loredo
Institute of Thoracic Diseases of Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
BMC Pulm Med 14:133. 2014..The objective of this study is to determine the contact tracing yield using two different programmatic definitions of close contact in the city of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil...
- Vital capacity and inspiratory capacity as additional parameters to evaluate bronchodilator response in asthmatic patients: a cross sectional studyKaren S Azevedo
Laboratory of Pulmonary Function Tests, Institute of Thoracic Diseases, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Cidade Universitaria, CEP 21941 913, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
BMC Pulm Med 12:49. 2012..However, the need for additional parameters, mainly among patients with severe asthma, has already been demonstrated...
- Evaluation of real-time PCR of patient pleural effusion for diagnosis of tuberculosisFranciele Rosso
Centro de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico, Fundação Estadual de Produção e Pesquisa em Saúde Av, Ipiranga, 5400, ZIP code 90610 000, Porto Alegre, Brazil
BMC Res Notes 4:279. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate the role of real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR) for the IS6110 sequence of M. tuberculosis in pleural fluid specimens as a rapid and non-invasive test for pleural TB diagnosis...
- Predicting smear negative pulmonary tuberculosis with classification trees and logistic regression: a cross-sectional studyFernanda Carvalho de Queiroz Mello
Tuberculosis Research Unit, Clementino Fraga Filho Hospital, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
BMC Public Health 6:43. 2006..Smear negative pulmonary tuberculosis (SNPT) accounts for 30% of pulmonary tuberculosis cases reported yearly in Brazil. This study aimed to develop a prediction model for SNPT for outpatients in areas with scarce resources...
- T-SPOT.TB responses during treatment of pulmonary tuberculosisSamantha Ribeiro
Instituto de Doenças do Torax Hospital Clementino Fraga Filho Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
BMC Infect Dis 9:23. 2009..Immune responses to Mycobacterium tuberculosis antigens could serve as surrogate markers of treatment response...
- Immunoglobulin A (IgA) and IgG immune responses against P-90 antigen for diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis and screening for Mycobacterium tuberculosis infectionMarcus B Conde
Unidade de Pesquisa em Tuberculose, Instituto de Doenças do Tórax, Hospital Universitario Clementino Fraga Filho, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 11:94-7. 2004..tuberculosis exposure and development of disease...
- Yield of sputum induction in the diagnosis of pleural tuberculosisMarcus B Conde
Divisão de Tisiologia e Pneumologia, Hospital Universitario Clementino Fraga Filho, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 167:723-5. 2003..6). The yield of sputum cultures obtained by SI is high in patients suspected of having pleural TB even in those cases with no pulmonary parenchymal abnormalities on the chest radiograph...
- The usefulness of serum adenosine deaminase 2 (ADA2) activity in adults for the diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosisM B Conde
Servico de Pneumologia, Hospital Universitário Clementino Fraga Filho da Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Av Brigadeiro Trompowsky, s no, 3o andar, SME da Pneumologia, Ilha do Fundao, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Respir Med 96:607-10. 2002..5%, the positive predictive value of 10.9% and the negative predictive value of 96.2%. We concluded that serum ADA2 activity is neither useful to diagnosis of active PTB nor to differentiate from other respiratory diseases...
- Moxifloxacin versus ethambutol in the initial treatment of tuberculosis: a double-blind, randomised, controlled phase II trialMarcus B Conde
Instituto de Doencas do Torax Hospital Clementino Fraga Filho, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Lancet 373:1183-9. 2009..The fluoroquinolone moxifloxacin is a promising new agent that might have additive activity to existing antituberculosis agents. We assessed the activity and safety of moxifloxacin in the initial stage of tuberculosis treatment...
- Point-of-care Arkansas method for measuring adherence to treatment with isoniazidRenata L Guerra
Tuberculosis Clinical Research Laboratory, Institute of Thoracic Diseases, Clementino Fraga Filho University Hospital, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Respir Med 104:754-7. 2010..This test accurately detected INH metabolites 24h following directly observed INH intake, though sensitivity and specificity may be compromised by tobacco smoke exposure...
- A Phase 2 Randomized Trial of a Rifapentine plus Moxifloxacin-Based Regimen for Treatment of Pulmonary TuberculosisMarcus B Conde
Instituto de Doenças do Tórax, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
PLoS ONE 11:e0154778. 2016....
- Understanding and retention of trial-related information among participants in a clinical trial after completing the informed consent processFernanda Mexas
aDepartmento de Clínica Médica, Instituto de Doenças do Tórax, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Clin Trials 11:70-6. 2014..for assessing the level of understanding of trial-related information during the informed consent (IC) process in developing countries are lacking...
- Effect of continuous positive airway pressure on fluid absorption among patients with pleural effusion due to tuberculosisJuliana F Oliveira
Centro Universitário Augusto Motta, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Rev Bras Fisioter 14:127-32. 2010..Tuberculosis (TB) remains as an important public health problem worldwide. The most common type is pulmonary TB, and the most prevalent form of extra-pulmonary disease among HIV-negative patients is pleural disease...
- The presence of a booster phenomenon among contacts of active pulmonary tuberculosis cases: a retrospective cohortCristiane G Salles
Instituto de Doencas do Torax Hospital Universitario Clementino Fraga Filho Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, SME da Pneumologia, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
BMC Public Health 7:38. 2007..tb) or BCG vaccination from a tuberculin conversion. The aim of this study was to assess the prevalence of boosted tuberculin skin tests among contacts of individuals with active pulmonary tuberculosis (TB)...
- The Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex-restricted gene cfp32 encodes an expressed protein that is detectable in tuberculosis patients and is positively correlated with pulmonary interleukin-10Richard C Huard
Division of International Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Joan and Sanford I Weill Medical College, Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Infect Immun 71:6871-83. 2003..tuberculosis pathogenic mechanism. Overall, CFP32 is an attractive target for drug and vaccine design as well as new diagnostic strategies...
- Field evaluation of a rapid immunochromatographic test for tuberculosisCeline Gounder
Johns Hopkins University School of Hygiene and Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
J Clin Microbiol 40:1989-93. 2002..However, further evaluation of these tests in specific epidemiologic settings may be warranted...
- Specimen dilution improves sensitivity of the amplified Mycobacterium tuberculosis direct test for smear microscopy-positive respiratory specimensRenata L Guerra
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Clin Microbiol 46:314-6. 2008..The difference in MTD test sensitivity between the dilution and conventional methods was 15.9% (P = 0.001) for smear microscopy-positive specimens and -3.6% (P = 0.38) for smear microscopy-negative specimens...
- Serologic diagnosis of tuberculosis using a simple commercial multiantigen assayMark D Perkins
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Chest 123:107-12. 2003..Seven primary health clinics and a pulmonary disease specialty clinic in Rio de Janeiro City, Brazil...