Andrés Ricardo Pérez Riera
- Wellens syndrome associated with prominent anterior QRS forces: an expression of left septal fascicular block?Andrés Ricardo Pérez Riera
ABC Faculty of Medicine, Foundation of ABC, Santo Andre, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Electrocardiol 41:671-4. 2008..We present a case of a variant of Wellens syndrome that reveals association and, transitorily, the criteria described in literature for left septal fascicular block...
- P-wave dispersion: an updateAndrés Ricardo Pérez-Riera
Design of Studies and Scientific Writing Laboratory in the ABC Medicine Faculty, Santo Andre, Sao Paulo, Brazil Electronic address
Indian Pacing Electrophysiol J 16:126-133. 2016....
- Mid-ventricular Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy with Apical Aneurysm Complicated with Syncope by Sustained Monomorphic Ventricular TachycardiaAndrés Ricardo Pérez-Riera
ABC Faculty of Medicine ABC Foundation, Santo Andre, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 21:618-621. 2016..They have a unique behavior because unlike other variants it causes sustained monomorphic ventricular tachycardia, which makes it particularly severe...
- Brugada disease: chronology of discovery and paternity. Preliminary observations and historical aspectsAndrés Ricardo Pérez Riera
ABC University, Santo Andre, SP, Brazil
Indian Pacing Electrophysiol J 3:253-60. 2003..We propose that this entity should be promoted to the category of disease, since it has a characteristic set of signs and symptoms, and an identified genetic defect...
- The history of left septal fascicular block: chronological considerations of a reality yet to be universally acceptedAndrés Ricardo Pérez Riera
Electro Vectorcardigraphic Section, ABC Medical School, ABC Foundation, Santo André São Paulo, Brazil
Indian Pacing Electrophysiol J 8:114-28. 2008..In the developed countries, its most important cause is coronary insufficiency, particularly the proximal involvement of the left anterior descending coronary artery, and in Latin America, Chagas disease...
- Accelerated idioventricular rhythm: history and chronology of the main discoveriesAndrés Ricardo Pérez Riera
ABC Medical Faculty ABC Foundation Santo Andre Sao Paulo Brazil
Indian Pacing Electrophysiol J 10:40-8. 2010..It is usually seen during acute myocardial infarction reperfusion. This manuscript aims to review the history of the main discoveries that lead to the identification and comprehension of this fascinating arrhythmia...
- Congenital short QT syndrome: landmarks of the newest arrhythmogenic cardiac channelopathyAndres Ricardo Perez Riera
ABC s Faculty of Medicine, ABC Foundation, Cardiology Discipline, Electro Vectorcardiogram Sector, Santo Andre, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Cardiol J 20:464-71. 2013..In addition therapeutic options and the molecular autopsy of this fascinating primary electrical heart disease are discussed. ..
- Value of electro-vectorcardiogram in hypertrophic cardiomyopathyAndrés Ricardo Pérez-Riera
Cardiology Discipline, ABC Faculty of Medicine, ABC Foundation, Santo Andre, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 18:311-26. 2013..The presence of complete right bundle branch block pattern is frequent after the percutaneous treatment and complete left bundle branch block is the rule after myectomy. ..
- "Benign" early repolarization versus malignant early abnormalities: clinical-electrocardiographic distinction and genetic basisAndrés Ricardo Pérez-Riera
ABC Faculty of Medicine, ABC Foundation, Santo Andre, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Cardiol J 19:337-46. 2012..Ablation therapy is considered additional to ICD implantation in those patients with repetitive ventricular arrhythmia. Quinidine is a highly efficient drug that prevents recurrence...
- Sudden cardiac death athletes: a systematic reviewMarcelo Ferreira
Departamento de Clinica Medica, Disciplina de Cardiologia, Núcleo de Saúde no Esporte, Faculdade de Medicina do ABC, Santo Andre, SP, Brasil
Sports Med Arthrosc Rehabil Ther Technol 2:19. 2010..In summary, cardiologic examinations of athletes' pre-competition routine is an important way to minimize the risk of SCD...
- Andersen syndrome: the newest variant of the hereditary-familial long QT syndromeAndrés Ricardo Pérez Riera
ABC University Fundação Santo André, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 9:175-9. 2004..1, resulting in a loss or suppression of the function of this channel...
- Clinical value of lead aVRAndrés Ricardo Pérez Riera
ABC Faculty of Medicine, Discipline of Cardiology, Foundation of ABC, Santo Andre, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 16:295-302. 2011..The purpose of this review is to revise the clinical value of lead aVR in the recognition of frequent and not so frequent clinical conditions...
- Electrovectorcardiographic diagnosis of left septal fascicular block: anatomic and clinical considerationsAndres Ricardo Perez Riera
Cardiology Discipline, ABC Foundation, Santo Andre, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 16:196-207. 2011..The aims of this review are to revise the evidence of the existence of a trifascicular left Hissian system and to help in the ECG/VCG recognition of the LSFB...
- Propofol infusion syndrome and Brugada syndrome electrocardiographic phenocopyAndrés Ricardo Pérez Riera
ABC Medical Faculty, ABC Foundation Santo André, Sao Paulo Brazil
Cardiol J 17:130-5. 2010..Propofol is a safe anesthetic agent, but propofol infusion syndrome is a rare lethal complication...
- Idiopathic intrafascicular reentrant left ventricular tachycardia in an elite cyclist athleteAndrés Ricardo Pérez Riera
International VCG Investigators Electro Vectorcardigraphic Section, ABC Faculty of Medicine FMABC, Foundation of ABC FUABC, Santo Andre, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Cardiol J 16:564-7. 2009..Ventricular tachycardia ablation was successful. This case demonstrates that a careful physical examination and correct ECG diagnosis can lead to an appropriate arrhythmia management...
- Study of the extent of the information of cardiologists from São Paulo city, Brazil, regarding a low-prevalence entity: Brugada syndromeAndres Ricardo Perez Riera
Discipline of Cardiology, ABC Foundation, ABC School of Medicine FUABC, Santo Andre, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 13:352-63. 2008..To determine the degree of knowledge that cardiologists from São Paulo, Brazil, have regarding a low-prevalent entity associated with a high rate of sudden death-Brugada syndrome...
- The enigmatic sixth wave of the electrocardiogram: the U waveAndres Ricardo Perez Riera
International VCG Investigators, ABC Faculty of Medicine, Foundation of ABC, Santo Andre, Brazil
Cardiol J 15:408-21. 2008....
- Relationship among amiodarone, new class III antiarrhythmics, miscellaneous agents and acquired long QT syndromeAndrés Ricardo Pérez Riera
ABC Faculty of Medicine, Foundation of ABC, Santo Andre, Brazil
Cardiol J 15:209-19. 2008..Trecitilide, tedisamil, ersentilide, ambasilide, chromanol and sematilide are class III miscellaneous agents. Old mixed agents are sotalol and bretylium. The present article reviews the main trials accomplished with these drugs...
- Early repolarization variant: epidemiological aspects, mechanism, and differential diagnosisAndrés Ricardo Pérez Riera
Electro Vectorcardigraphic Section, ABC Medical School, ABC Foundation, Santo Andre, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Cardiol J 15:4-16. 2008..In this review, we describe the characteristics of ERV and the main differences with acute pericarditis, acute myocardial infraction/injury and Brugada syndrome...
- Kearns-Sayre syndrome: electro-vectorcardiographic evolution for left septal fascicular block of the his bundleAndrés Ricardo Pérez Riera
Department Electro Vectorcardiographic Section, Cardiology Division, ABC s, Medical School, ABC Foundation, Santo Andre, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Electrocardiol 41:675-8. 2008..A variety of endocrinopathies may occur...
- Brief review of the recently described short QT syndrome and other cardiac channelopathiesAndres Ricardo Perez Riera
Cardiology Division, ABC s Faculty of Medicine, ABC Foundation, Santo Andre, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 10:371-7. 2005..Clinicians need to be aware of this deadly electrocardiographic (ECG) pattern as it portends a high risk of sudden cardiac death in otherwise healthy subjects with structurally normal hearts...
- Is there an overlap between Brugada syndrome and arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy/dysplasia?Andres Ricardo Perez Riera
Electro Vectorcardiographic Section, Cardiology Division, ABC s Medical School, ABC Foundation, Santo Andre, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Electrocardiol 38:260-3. 2005..These cases of arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy/dysplasia are thought to represent an early or concealed form of the disease. This review examines the overlap between these 2 syndromes...
- Brugada syndrome with atypical ECG: downsloping ST-segment elevation in inferior leadsAndrés Ricardo Pérez Riera
ABC Foundation, Santo Andre, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Electrocardiol 37:101-4. 2004..We believe this is a sudden unexplained death syndrome, although we did not have a chance to conduct a genetic study...
- Vector electrocardiographic alterations after percutaneous septal ablation in obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Possible anatomic causesAndrés Ricardo Pérez Riera
Instituto Dante Pazzanese de Cardiologia, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Arq Bras Cardiol 79:466-75. 2002..Analyze the dromotropic disturbances (vector-electrocardiographic), and the possible anatomic causes, provoked by selective alcohol injection in the septal branch, for percutaneous treatment, of obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy...
- Correlation of electrocardiographic left ventricular hypertrophy criteria with left ventricular mass by echocardiogram in obese hypertensive patientsWilliam da Costa
Federal University of Sao Paulo, Paulista School of Medicine, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Electrocardiol 41:724-9. 2008..This study evaluates the influence of obesity on the diagnostic performance of the most used electrocardiographic criteria for LVH in hypertensive patients...