E L Rhoden
- Diabetes mellitus is associated with subnormal serum levels of free testosterone in menErnani L Rhoden
Urology, Federal Foundation of Medical Sciences of Porto Alegre, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
BJU Int 96:867-70. 2005..To evaluate the relationship between diabetes mellitus (DM) and serum levels of free (FT) and total (TT) testosterone...
- Importance of prostate-specific antigen (PSA) as a predictive factor for concordance between the Gleason scores of prostate biopsies and RADICAL prostatectomy specimensNelson Gianni de Lima
Federal University of Health Sciences of Porto Alegre, Research Center of the Postgraduate Program in Medical Sciences, Porto Alegre RS, Brazil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 68:820-4. 2013..To evaluate the concordance between the Gleason scores of prostate biopsies and radical prostatectomy specimens, thereby highlighting the importance of the prostate-specific antigen (PSA) level as a predictive factor of concordance...
- A cross-sectional study for the analysis of clinical, sexual and laboratory conditions associated to Peyronie's diseaseErnani Luis Rhoden
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul UFRGS Postgraduate Course in Medical Sciences, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
J Sex Med 7:1529-37. 2010..Although Peyronie's Disease (PD) was first described over 250 years ago, its precise etiology remains obscure...
- Evaluation of the association between lower urinary tract symptoms and erectile dysfunction, considering its multiple risk factorsErnani Luis Rhoden
Surgery Department, Urology Division, at UCSPA and Postgraduate Course in Medical Sciences at UFRGS, Porto Alegre, Brazil
J Sex Med 5:2662-8. 2008..To investigate the relationship between lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) and erectile dysfunction (ED), while considering multiple risk factors for ED, including an anthropometric evaluation of central obesity...
- Influence of demographic factors and biochemical characteristics on the prostate-specific antigen (PSA) response to testosterone replacement therapyE L Rhoden
Division of Urology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Int J Impot Res 18:201-5. 2006..TRT causes only a mild increase in PSA in most hypogonadal men, and does not appear to be influenced by the mode of TRT, age, or baseline levels of PSA or testosterone...
- Role of the L-arginine/nitric oxide pathway in renal ischaemia-reperfusion in ratsE L Rhoden
Medical Clinic of the Clinical Hospital of Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Eur J Surg 167:224-8. 2001..To study the role of the L-arginine/nitric oxide (NO) pathway during renal ischaemia-reperfusion in rats...
- Treatment of testosterone-induced gynecomastia with the aromatase inhibitor, anastrozoleE L Rhoden
Division of Urology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Men s Health Boston, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts 02445, USA
Int J Impot Res 16:95-7. 2004..We report here our experience with two cases of gynecomastia in men undergoing TRT who were successfully treated with the aromatase inhibitor anastrozole...
- Is there any association between Peyronie's disease and serum collagen markers?E L Rhoden
Department of Urology, Irmandade da Santa Casa de Misericórdia and Fundaçao Faculdade Federal de Ciências Médicas, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Int J Impot Res 12:302-4. 2000..05). We have not found any significant association between the serum markers of collagen diseases in patients with Peyronie's disease, except the rheumatoid hemagglutination test (Waaler-Rose)...
- Is there any relation between serum levels of total testosterone and the severity of erectile dysfunction?E L Rhoden
Department of Urology, Andrology Division, Santa Casa Hospital and Fundação Faculdade Federal de Ciências Médicas, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Int J Impot Res 14:167-71. 2002..ED presented a clear association with the subjects' aging, but neither correlation between TT levels and ED, nor with its severity, could be demonstrated in the present study...
- Beneficial effect of alpha-tocopherol in renal ischemia-reperfusion in ratsE L Rhoden
Post Graduation Course in Medical Clinical, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul Porto Alegre Clinical Hospital, RS, Brazil
Jpn J Pharmacol 87:164-6. 2001..In our study, the pretreatment with alpha-tocopherol reduced significantly the lipid peroxidation of renal cells and renal dysfunction induced by renal ischemia-reperfusion in rats...
- Re: Prostate cancer in men using testosterone supplementation. F. D. Gaylis, D. W. Lin, J. M. Ignatoff, C. L. Amling, R. F. Tutrone and D. J. CosgroveAbraham Morgentaler
J Urol 175:1572; author reply 1573-4. 2006
- Glycosylated haemoglobin levels and the severity of erectile function in diabetic menErnani L Rhoden
Urology, Fundacao Faculdade Federal de Ciencias Medicas de Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
BJU Int 95:615-7. 2005..To evaluate the association between the levels of glycosylated haemoglobin (HbA1c) and the severity of erectile dysfunction (ED) in men with diabetes mellitus (DM)...