Marcelo Fouad Rabahi
- Noncompliance with tuberculosis treatment by patients at a tuberculosis and AIDS reference hospital in midwestern BrazilMarcelo Fouad Rabahi
Anuar Auad Hospital for Tropical Diseases HDTAA SES Goiânia, Goias, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 6:63-73. 2002..In developing countries, there is little information about the risk factors that predict noncompliance with tuberculosis (TB) treatment in hospitals...
- Lipoid pneumonia secondary to long-term use of evening primrose oilMarcelo Fouad Rabahi
Department of Clinical Medicine, Federal University of Goias School of Medicine, Goiania, Brazil
J Bras Pneumol 36:657-61. 2010..The patient was questioned regarding the use of lipid substances, and she reported the chronic use of evening primrose oil. After the discontinuation of the substance and the maintenance of GERD treatment, her condition improved...
- Lung pseudotumor as the initial presentation of Wegener's granulomatosisMarcelo Fouad Rabahi
Federal University of Goias School of Medicine, Goiania, Brazil
J Bras Pneumol 35:392-5. 2009..We describe an atypical case of a 61-year-old man initially investigated due to suspicion of a unilateral lung tumor, which proved to be, in fact, a case of Wegener's granulomatosis...
- Humoral response to HspX and GlcB to previous and recent infection by Mycobacterium tuberculosisMarcelo Fouad Rabahi
Departamento de Imunologia, Instituto de Patologia Tropical e Saude Publica, Laboratório de Imunopatologia das Doenças Infecciosas Universidade Federal de Goiás, Goiania, Brazil
BMC Infect Dis 7:148. 2007..tuberculosis...
- Health care workers humoral immune response against GLcB, MPT51 and HSPX from Mycobacterium tuberculosisMichelle Cristina Guerreiro dos Reis
Federal University of Goias, Goiania, GO, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 13:417-21. 2009..Antibody levels varied according to antigen characteristics, TST and BCG status. We suggest that possibly the presence of those antibodies could have a function in the protective immune response against Mycobacterium tuberculosis...
- [Tuberculosis in rheumatoid arthritis patients: the difficulty in making the diagnosis of latent infection]Daniela Graner Schuwartz Tannus Silva
Hospital das Clinicas, Universidade Federal de Goias, Goiania, GO, Brasil
J Bras Pneumol 36:243-51. 2010..Tests based on the detection of the in-vitro production of IFN-gamma by mononuclear cells activated by specific antigens appear to be more accurate and have been studied in patients with rheumatoid arthritis...
- Myocardial performance index correlates with the BODE index and affects quality of life in COPD patientsDaniela Graner Schuwartz Tannus-Silva
Faculty of Medicine, Federal University of Goias, Goiania, Goias
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 11:2261-2268. 2016....
- Prevalence of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease among patients with systemic arterial hypertension without respiratory symptomsMarcelo Fouad Rabahi
School of Medicine, Federal University of Goias, Goiania, Brazil Clínica do Aparelho Respiratório CLARE, Goiania, Brazil
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 10:1525-9. 2015..The purpose of the present study was to determine the prevalence of COPD among adults on treatment for systemic arterial hypertension independently of the presence of respiratory symptoms...
- The use of Mycobacterium tuberculosis HspX and GlcB proteins to identify latent tuberculosis in rheumatoid arthritis patientsBruna Daniella Souza Silva
Departamento de Microbiologia, Imunologia, Parasitologia e Patologia, Instituto de Patologia Tropical e Saude Publica, Universidade Federal de Goias, GoiâniaGO, Brasil, Departamento de Microbiologia, Imunologia, Parasitologia e Patologia, Instituto de Patologia Tropical e Saude Publica, Universidade Federal de Goias, Goiania, GO, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 109:29-37. 2014..These results demonstrate that a GlcB and HspX antigen assay can be used as a diagnostic test to identify LTBI RA patients. ..
- State of the Art Review of the Right Ventricle in COPD Patients: It is Time to Look CloserDaniela Graner Schuwartz Tannus-Silva
Departamento de Clinica Medica, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Goias, Rua 235 c 1a Avenida s n, Setor Universitario, 74605 020, Goiania, GO, Brazil
Lung . 2016..Finally, the findings of studies that assessed the impact of RV dysfunction in the prognosis of patients with COPD are described...
- COPD Assessment Test (CAT) score as a predictor of major depression among subjects with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and mild hypoxemia: a case-control studyJosé Laerte R Silva Júnior
Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade Federal de Goias UFG, Goiania, Brazil
BMC Pulm Med 14:186. 2014..The aim of this study is to determine association between COPD Assessment Test (CAT) and major depression among clinically stable out-patient COPD subjects with mild hypoxemia...
- Interleukin-6 and interleukin-8 blood levels' poor association with the severity and clinical profile of ex-smokers with COPDMaria Rosedália de Moraes
Health Sciences of Federal University of Goiás, Federal University of Goias, Goiania, Goias, Brazil
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 9:735-43. 2014..This study evaluated the relationship of serum biomarkers to the severity and clinical parameters of COPD...
- Standardization of in-house polymerase chain reaction for the identification of Mycobacterium tuberculosis at the reference Tropical Disease Hospital in the State of Goiás, BrazilMárcia Alves Vasconcelos Rodrigues
Departamento de Microbiologia, Instituto de Patologia Tropical e Saude Publica, Universidade Federal de Goias, 74605 050, Goiania, GO, Brazil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 99:415-9. 2004..8% and 81.9%, respectively. These results confirm that this method, in-house PCR, may be a sensitive and specific technique for M. tuberculosis detection, occurring in both positive and negative smear and negative cultures...