- An open-label comparative pilot study of oral voriconazole and itraconazole for long-term treatment of paracoccidioidomycosisFlavio Queiroz-Telles
Department of Community Health, Hospital de Clinicas de Curitiba Universidade Federal do Paraná, Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
Clin Infect Dis 45:1462-9. 2007..A pilot study was conducted to investigate the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of voriconazole for the long-term treatment of acute or chronic paracoccidioidomycosis, with itraconazole as the control treatment...
- Micafungin versus liposomal amphotericin B for pediatric patients with invasive candidiasis: substudy of a randomized double-blind trialFlavio Queiroz-Telles
Hosp de Clinica, Curitiba, Brazil
Pediatr Infect Dis J 27:820-6. 2008..Invasive candidiasis is increasingly prevalent in premature infants and seriously ill children, and pediatric data on available antifungal therapies are lacking...
- Mycoses of implantation in Latin America: an overview of epidemiology, clinical manifestations, diagnosis and treatmentFlavio Queiroz-Telles
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Public Health, Hospital de Clinicas, Universidade Federal do Parana, Curitiba, Brazil
Med Mycol 49:225-36. 2011..e., sporotrichosis, eumycetoma, chromoblastomycosis, subcutaneous phaeohyphomycosis, subcutaneous zygomycosis, and lacaziosis. Main epidemiologic findings, clinical manifestations, diagnosis, and treatment options are also discussed...
- ChromoblastomycosisFlavio Queiroz-Telles
Department of Public Health, Hospital de Clinicas, Federal University of Parana, Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
Clin Microbiol Rev 30:233-276. 2017....
- CHROMOBLASTOMYCOSIS: A NEGLECTED TROPICAL DISEASEFlavio Queiroz-Telles
Departamento de Saude Publica, Universidade Federal do Parana, Curitiba, PR, Brasil
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 57:46-50. 2015..In the present revision the most used therapeutic options against CBM are reviewed as well as the several factors that may have impact on the patient's outcome...
- Challenges in the therapy of chromoblastomycosisFlavio Queiroz-Telles
Department of Public Health, Federal University of Parana, Rua General Carneiro, 181, Curitiba, PR, 80600900, Brazil
Mycopathologia 175:477-88. 2013..In the present paper, the most used therapeutic options against CBM are reviewed as well as the several factors that may have impact on the patient's outcome...
- Pulmonary paracoccidioidomycosisFlavio Queiroz-Telles
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Public Health, Federal University of Parana, Curitiba Parana, Brazil
Semin Respir Crit Care Med 32:764-74. 2011..Effective treatment regimens are available to control the fungal infection, but most patients develop fibrotic sequelae that may severely hamper respiratory and adrenal function and the patient's well-being...
- Chromoblastomycosis: an overview of clinical manifestations, diagnosis and treatmentFlavio Queiroz-Telles
Departamento de Saude Comunitária e Serviço de Infectologia do Hospital de Clinicas, Universidade Federal do Parana, Curitiba, PR, Brazil
Med Mycol 47:3-15. 2009..In general, treatment should be guided according to clinical, mycological and histopathological criteria...
- Susceptibility and molecular characterization of Candida species from patients with vulvovaginitisGheniffer Fornari
Graduate Program in Microbiology, Parasitology and Pathology, Department of Basic Pathology, Laboratory of Microbiology and Molecular Biology LabMicro, Federal University of Parana, Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
Braz J Microbiol 47:373-80. 2016..However, the isolates of C. albicans that belong to distinct genotypic groups showed the same in vitro susceptibility profile. ..
- Epidemiology of endemic systemic fungal infections in Latin AmericaArnaldo Lopes Colombo
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Med Mycol 49:785-98. 2011..The burdens of disease, typically affected populations, and clinical outcomes also are discussed...
- Disseminated cutaneous sporotrichosis in a patient with AIDS: report of a caseMiriam Tomoko Mitsuno Carvalho
Infectious Diseases Division, Hospital de Clinicas, Federal University of Parana, Curitiba, PR, Brazil
Rev Soc Bras Med Trop 35:655-9. 2002..Therapy of sporotrichosis in HIV-infected patients remains unclear and the response to therapy is variable. Itraconazole is highly concentrated in the skin and is one of the options for treatment of disseminated sporotrichosis...
- Geographic distribution of patients affected by Cryptococcus neoformans/Cryptococcus gattii species complexes meningitis, pigeon and tree populations in Southern BrazilTallulah Spina-Tensini
Department of Neurology, Clinical Hospital of Universidade Federal do Paraná, Curitiba, Brazil
Mycoses 60:51-58. 2017..l.). The map showed a relationship between C. neoformans s.l. patients and pigeon population. C. gattii s.l. patients were associated with neither tree nor pigeon populations, but lived close to large unbuilt, unforested areas...
- Subcutaneous mycosesFlavio Queiroz-Telles
Hospital de Clinicas, Universidade Federal do Parana, Curitiba, PR, Brazil
Infect Dis Clin North Am 17:59-85, viii. 2003..Diagnosis rests on clinical presentation, histopathology, and culture of the etiologic agents. This article considers sporotrichosis, chromoblastomycosis, and mycetoma...
- In vitro susceptibility and molecular characterization of Candida spp. from candidemic patientsPatricia Fernanda Herkert
Postgraduate Program in Microbiology, Parasitology and Pathology, Biological Sciences, Department of Basic Pathology, LabMicro Laboratory of Microbiology and Molecular Biology, Federal University of Parana, Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
Rev Iberoam Micol 32:221-8. 2015..The antifungal drugs used to treat candidemia are mainly the echinocandins, however some isolates may be resistant to these drugs...
- Major histocompatibility complex and central nervous system involvement by paracoccidioidomycosisSergio Monteiro de Almeida
Neurology Unit, Hospital de Clinicas, Federal University of Parana, Especialidade de Neurologia, Rua General Carneiro, 181, sala 1236, 80060 900 Curitiba, PR, Brazil
J Infect 51:140-3. 2005..The HLA antigen frequencies found in this study in patients with NPCM were not different from the alleles frequencies observed in the Paraná population...
- Management of chromoblastomycosis: novel perspectivesPhilippe Esterre
International Network of Pasteur Institutes, Institut Pasteur de Guyane, Cayenne Cedex, French Guiana
Curr Opin Infect Dis 19:148-52. 2006..New explanations and approaches that could resolve persisting medical challenges for this orphan disease are reviewed here...
- Outcome predictors of 84 patients with hematologic malignancies and Fusarium infectionMarcio Nucci
Department of Internal Medicine, Hematology Service, University Hospital, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Cancer 98:315-9. 2003..Invasive infection by Fusarium sp. is associated with high mortality in patients with hematologic cancer. Yet to the authors' knowledge, little is known regarding predictors of adverse outcome...