Melissa O Premaor
- The effect of a single dose versus a daily dose of cholecalciferol on the serum 25-hydroxycholecalciferol and parathyroid hormone levels in the elderly with secondary hyperparathyroidism living in a low-income housing unitMelissa O Premaor
Furlanetto Serviço de Emergência, Internal Medicine Division, Hospital de Clínicas in Porto Alegre HCPA, Rua Ramiro Barcelos 2350, Porto Alegre, Brazil
J Bone Miner Metab 26:603-8. 2008....
- Predictors of hip fracture mortality at a general hospital in South Brazil: an unacceptable surgical delayTiango Aguiar Ribeiro
Centro de Ciencias da Saude CCS, Programa de Pos Graduacao em Ciencias da Saude, Universidade Federal de Santa Maria UFSM, Santa Maria, RS, Brazil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 69:253-8. 2014..Few studies have examined this issue in Brazil. The aim of this study was to study the risk factors for death one year after hip fracture and in-hospital stay at a tertiary hospital in South Brazil...
- Fracture incidence after liver transplantation: results of a 10-year auditM O Premaor
Department of Medicine, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridgeshire CB2 0QQ, UK
QJM 104:599-606. 2011..High rates of fracture following liver transplantation were reported in earlier years, but the impact of subsequent changes in immune suppression and the introduction of bone-protective therapy on fracture rate have not been reported...
- Hypovitaminosis D and secondary hyperparathyroidism in resident physicians of a general hospital in southern BrazilM O Premaor
Internal Medicine Service, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, HCPA, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
J Endocrinol Invest 31:991-5. 2008..To evaluate the prevalence of hypovitaminosis D and secondary hyperparathyroidism in resident physicians of a general hospital in southern Brazil and identify associated factors...
- Secondary hyperparathyroidism is associated with increased risk of hospitalization or death in elderly adults living in a geriatric institutionMelissa Orlandin Premaor
Division of Internal Medicine, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Gerontology 55:405-10. 2009..The presence of secondary hyperparathyroidism is very frequent in the elderly population living in geriatric institutions. It has been associated with an increased mortality rate in previous studies...
- Obesity and fractures in postmenopausal womenMelissa Orlandin Premaor
Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Bone Miner Res 25:292-7. 2010....
- Risk factors for nonvertebral fracture in obese older womenM O Premaor
Department of Clinical Medicine, Federal University of Santa Maria, Santa Maria, Rio Grande do Sul 97105 900, Brazil
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:2414-21. 2011..A high prevalence of obesity has recently been reported in postmenopausal women with low trauma fracture, suggesting that higher bone mineral density (BMD) in obese individuals may not be protective against fracture...
- High prevalence of hypovitaminosis D and secondary hyperparathyroidism in elders living in nonprofit homes in South BrazilRosana Scalco
Post Graduation Program in Medicine Medical Sciences, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul and Serviço de Patologia Clínica do Hospital de Clínicas de Porto Alegre, Rua Ramiro Barcellos 2400, Porto Alegre, RS, 90035 003, Brazil
Endocrine 33:95-100. 2008..The objectives of this study were to estimate the prevalence of HD, SHP, and its associated factors, in individuals living in nonprofit homes for elders in south Brazil. Design Cross-sectional study...
- The association between fracture site and obesity in men: a population-based cohort studyMelissa O Premaor
Department of Clinical Medicine, Health Sciences Center, Federal University of Santa Maria, Santa Maria, Brazil
J Bone Miner Res 28:1771-7. 2013..Further work is needed to identify the mechanisms underlying these associations. ..
- Increased risk of humerus and lower leg fractures in postmenopausal women with self-reported premenopausal hirsutism and/or oligomenorrheaFabio V Comim
Department of Clinical Medicine, Health Science Center, Federal University of Santa Maria, Santa Maria, Brazil Electronic address
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 203:162-6. 2016..The aim of this study was to investigate the prevalence of fracture in women aged >55 years with self-reported premenopausal hirsutism and/or oligomenorrhea...