Affiliation: Porto Alegre
- Occult hypoperfusion is associated with increased mortality in hemodynamically stable, high-risk, surgical patientsAndré Meregalli
Central Intensive Care Unit of the Santa Casa Hospital, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Crit Care 8:R60-5. 2004..Our aim was to examine whether serial blood lactate levels could be used as predictors of outcome...
- Clinical review: Hypertonic saline resuscitation in sepsisRoselaine P Oliveira
Department of Critical Care Medicine, Santa Casa Hospital, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegra, Brazil
Crit Care 6:418-23. 2002..The goal of research in this field is to identify reliable therapies to prevent ischemia and inflammation, and to reduce mortality...
- Mechanical ventilation with high tidal volume induces inflammation in patients without lung diseaseRoselaine Pinheiro de Oliveira
Central Intensive Care Unit, Complexo Hospitalar Santa Casa, Rua Prof, Annes Dias, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Crit Care 14:R39. 2010..We compared the effects of a protective versus a conventional ventilatory strategy, on systemic and lung production of tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) and interleukin-8 (IL-8) in patients without lung disease...
- Vitamin D deficiency is independently associated with mortality among critically ill patientsRafael Barberena Moraes
Division of Critical Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 70:326-32. 2015..We conducted this study to address the association of baseline vitamin D levels and vitamin D kinetics with morbidity and mortality in critically ill patients...
- Macrolides and respiratory infection in critically ill patients: what is the next step?Thiago Lisboa
Critical Care Department, Postgraduation Program PPG Pneumology, Rio Grande do Sul Federal University, de Clinicas de Porto Alegre Hospital, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Minerva Anestesiol 82:221-9. 2016..g. Pseudomonas aeruginosa). In this review, we will assess these issues, discussing the available evidence on macrolides use and highlighting potential research questions to be assessed on this field. ..
- Central venous saturation is a predictor of reintubation in difficult-to-wean patientsCassiano Teixeira
Intensive Care Unit, Moinhos de Vento Hospital, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Crit Care Med 38:491-6. 2010..To evaluate the predictive value of central venous saturation to detect extubation failure in difficult-to-wean patients...
- Comparison of cumulative incidence analysis and Kaplan-Meier for analysis of shock reversal in patients with septic shockRafael Barberena Moraes
Department of Critical Care Medicine, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, 90830 000 Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
J Crit Care 27:317.e7-11. 2012..Furthermore, we have analyzed shock reversal in responders and nonresponders to high-dose cortrosyn test (250 μg)...