M L T M Polizeli
- Biotechnological Potential of Agro-Industrial Wastes as a Carbon Source to Thermostable Polygalacturonase Production in Aspergillus niveusAlexandre Maller
Biochemistry and Immunology Department, Ribeirao Preto School of Medicine, Sao Paulo University, Avenue Bandeirantes, 3900, 14049 900 Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Enzyme Res 2011:289206. 2011..0. The enzyme was stable at 60°C for 90 min and at pH 3.0-5.0. The properties of this enzyme, produced on inexpensive fermentation substrates, were interesting and suggested several biotechnological applications...
- Two structurally discrete GH7-cellobiohydrolases compete for the same cellulosic substrate fiberFernando Segato
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK, USA
Biotechnol Biofuels 5:21. 2012..abstract:..
- Xylanases from fungi: properties and industrial applicationsM L T M Polizeli
Departamento de Biologia, Faculdade de Filosofia, Ciências e Letras de Ribeirão Preto Universidade de São Paulo, Av Bandeirantes, 3900, Bairro Monte Alegre, 14040 901 Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 67:577-91. 2005..This review describes some properties of xylan and its metabolism, as well as the biochemical properties of xylanases and their commercial applications...
- Production and properties of xylanases from Aspergillus terricola Marchal and Aspergillus ochraceus and their use in cellulose pulp bleachingM Michelin
Departamento de Biologia, Faculdade de Filosofia, Ciencias e Letras de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Bioprocess Biosyst Eng 33:813-21. 2010..4% (A. ochraceus). The brightness was 2.4-3.4% ISO higher than the control. Analysis in SEM showed defibrillation of the microfibrils. Arabinase traces and beta-xylosidase were detected which might act synergistically with xylanase...
- Xylanases from Aspergillus niger, Aspergillus niveus and Aspergillus ochraceus produced under solid-state fermentation and their application in cellulose pulp bleachingJ H A Betini
Departamento de Biologia, Faculdade de Filosofia, Ciencias e Letras de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, 14040 901 Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Bioprocess Biosyst Eng 32:819-24. 2009..These results indicated that the use of xylanases could help to reduce the amount of chlorine compounds used in cellulose pulp treatment...
- Evidence of thermostable amylolytic activity from Rhizopus microsporus var. rhizopodiformis using wheat bran and corncob as alternative carbon sourceS C Peixoto-Nogueira
Departamento de Biologia, Faculdade de Filosofia, Ciencias e Letras de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Av Bandeirantes, 3900, Ribeirao Preto, SP, 14040 901, Brazil
Bioprocess Biosyst Eng 31:329-34. 2008..The crude extract exhibited temperature and pH optima around 65 degrees C and 4-5, respectively. Amylase activity was fully stable for 1 h at temperatures up to 75 degrees C, and at pH values between 2.5 and 7.5...
- Purification and biochemical characterization of a mycelial alkaline phosphatase without DNAase activity produced by Aspergillus caespitosusL H S GuimarAes
Departamento de Biologia da Faculdade de Filosofia Ciências e Letras de Ribeirão Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, 14040 901 Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Folia Microbiol (Praha) 52:231-6. 2007..The purified alkaline phosphatase removed the 5'-phosphate group of a linearized plasmid without showing DNAase activity, indicating its potential for recombinant DNA technology...
- Studies on a thermostable alpha-amylase from the thermophilic fungus Scytalidium thermophilumA C M M Aquino
Departamento de Biologia, Faculdade de Filosofia, Ciencias e Letras de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Av Bandeirantes 3900, Brazil
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 61:323-8. 2003..Maltose and traces of glucose were formed only after 3 h of reaction. These results confirm the character of the enzyme studied to be an alpha-amylase (1,4-alpha-glucan glucanohydrolase)...