G D Pimentel
- β-Hydroxy-β-methylbutyrate (HMβ) supplementation stimulates skeletal muscle hypertrophy in rats via the mTOR pathwayGustavo D Pimentel
Department of Physiology of Nutrition, Federal University of Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, SP Brazil
Nutr Metab (Lond) 8:11. 2011..Expression of the insulin receptor was increased only in liver. Thus, our results suggest that HMβ supplementation can be used to increase muscle mass without adverse health effects...
- Body dissatisfaction and the wish for different silhouette is associated with higher adiposity and fat intake in female ballet dancers than maleCamila Lacerda Da Silva
Specialization Course Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo USP, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Sports Med Phys Fitness 56:141-8. 2016..Thus, the aim of the present study was to investigate the body composition, dietetic profile, self-perceived body image and social desirability in professional ballet dancers...
- Resting energy expenditure and carbohydrate oxidation are higher in elderly patients with COPD: a case control studyBruna Rubi Ramires
Universidade Metodista de Piracicaba, Lins, SP, Brazil
Nutr J 11:37. 2012..This study aimed to compare the REE, respiratory quotient (RQ) and body composition between patients with and without COPD...
- Long-term interdisciplinary therapy reduces endotoxin level and insulin resistance in obese adolescentsFabio S Lira
Departamento de Fisiologia, Rua Botucatu nÂº 862 Vila Clementino, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Nutr J 11:74. 2012....
- Sleep duration in elderly obese patients correlated negatively with intake fattyAline Alves Santana
Laboratorio de Fisiologia e Bioquimica do Exercicio, Universidade do Extremo Sul Catarinense, Criciuma, SC, Brazil
Lipids Health Dis 11:99. 2012..The purpose of the present study was to evaluate the relationship between sleep duration and dietary habits in elderly obese patients treated at an institute of cardiology...
- Dietary whey protein lessens several risk factors for metabolic diseases: a reviewGabriela T D Sousa
Departamento de Fisiologia e Biofisica, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Universidade de Sao Paulo USP, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
Lipids Health Dis 11:67. 2012..Furthermore, studies have shown that whey protein can also lead to reductions in blood pressure, inflammation, and oxidative stress...
- Gut-central nervous system axis is a target for nutritional therapiesGustavo D Pimentel
Department of Internal Medicine, State University of Campinas, Campinas, Brazil
Nutr J 11:22. 2012..Therefore, this review highlights the relationship between the gut-central nervous system axis and targets for nutritional therapies...
- Sagital abdominal diameter, but not waist circumference is strongly associated with glycemia, triacilglycerols and HDL-C levels in overweight adultsG D Pimentel
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculdade de Ciências Médicas FCM, State University of Campinas UNICAMP, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Nutr Hosp 26:1125-9. 2011..To correlate the sagittal abdominal diameter (SAD) and waist circumference (WC) with metabolic syndrome-associated abnormalities in adults...
- Intake of trans fatty acids during gestation and lactation leads to hypothalamic inflammation via TLR4/NFκBp65 signaling in adult offspringGustavo D Pimentel
Departamento de Fisiologia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
J Nutr Biochem 23:265-71. 2012..In other words, the effect remains after the consumption of the standard chow by offspring...
- Hypothalamic inflammation is reversed by endurance training in anorectic-cachectic ratsFabio S Lira
Cancer Metabolism Research Group, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo USP, Sao Paulo, SP Brazil
Nutr Metab (Lond) 8:60. 2011..We tested the effects of a cancer cachexia-anorexia sydrome upon the balance of anti and pro-inflammatory cytokines in the hypothalamus of sedentary or trained tumour-bearing (Walker-256 carcinosarcoma) rats...
- Exercise training improves sleep pattern and metabolic profile in elderly people in a time-dependent mannerFabio S Lira
Departamento de Psicobiologia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Brasil
Lipids Health Dis 10:1-6. 2011..Suggesting that this population requires training strategy modifications as to ensure consistent alterations regarding metabolism...
- Acute exhaustive exercise regulates IL-2, IL-4 and MyoD in skeletal muscle but not adipose tissue in ratsJosé C Rosa Neto
Department of Physiology of Nutrition, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Lipids Health Dis 10:97. 2011....
- Endotoxin levels correlate positively with a sedentary lifestyle and negatively with highly trained subjectsFabio S Lira
Department of Physiology, Division of Nutrition Physiology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Lipids Health Dis 9:82. 2010..This study aimed to examine plasma inflammatory markers and endotoxin levels in individuals with a sedentary lifestyle and/or in highly trained subjects at rest...
- Sleep deprivation affects inflammatory marker expression in adipose tissueJosé C Rosa Neto
Departmento de Fisiologia da Nutrição, Universidade Federal de São Paulo UNIFESP São Paulo SP, Brazil
Lipids Health Dis 9:125. 2010..We also assessed lipid profiles and serum levels of corticosterone, leptin, and adiponectin after 96 hours of sleep deprivation...
- Metabolic syndrome in overweight children from the city of Botucatu - São Paulo State - Brazil: agreement among six diagnostic criteriaAna Elisa M Rinaldi
Uberlândia School of Medicine, Nutrition Course, Uberlândia Federal University UFU, Uberlandia, MG, Brazil
Diabetol Metab Syndr 2:39. 2010..The purpose of the study is to evaluate agreement concerning prevalence rates of the metabolic syndrome diagnosed by six different criteria in overweight schoolchildren in the city of Botucatu - SP -Brazil...
- Short-term nutritional counseling reduces body mass index, waist circumference, triceps skinfold and triglycerides in women with metabolic syndromeGustavo D Pimentel
Laboratory of Medical Investigation LIM 18, Endocrinology, School of Medicine USP, , Brazil
Diabetol Metab Syndr 2:13. 2010..CONCLUSION: Short-term nutritional counseling improved some factors of metabolic syndrome. Moreover, the increases in calcium and vitamin D consumption can be associated with the improvement in markers of metabolic syndrome...
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid: good or bad nutrientDaniela C Goncalves
Department of Physiology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
Diabetol Metab Syndr 2:62. 2010..However, our results show that, CLA appears to be not a good supplement in patients with cachexia...
- Does long-term coffee intake reduce type 2 diabetes mellitus risk?Gustavo D Pimentel
Department of Physiology, Division of Nutrition Physiology, Federal University of Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Diabetol Metab Syndr 1:6. 2009..More population-based surveys are necessary to clarify the long-term effects of decaffeinated and caffeinated coffee intake on the risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus...
- Bioelectric impedance overestimates the body fat in overweight and underestimates in Brazilian obese women: a comparison with Segal equation 1G D Pimentel
Center for Nutritional and Exercise Metabolism CeMENutri, Botucatu Medical School, Sao Paulo State University UNESP, Botucatu SP, Brazil
Nutr Hosp 25:741-5. 2010....
- Accuracy of sagittal abdominal diameter as predictor of abdominal fat among Brazilian adults: a comparation with waist circumferenceG Duarte Pimentel
Department of Public Health, Center of Metabolism in Exercise and Nutrition, Sao Paulo State University UNESP, Botucatu, SP, Brazil
Nutr Hosp 25:656-61. 2010..We aim was to compare the sagittal abdominal diameter (SAD) with waist circumference (WC) as a predictor of central obesity among adults and to identify the sensitivity and specificity of the best cut-off point for SAD...