Vera Maria V Paniz
- Increase of chronic low back pain prevalence in a medium-sized city of southern BrazilRodrigo D Meucci
Post Graduate Program in Epidemiology Social Medicine Department, Federal University of Pelotas, Pelotas, Brazil
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 14:155. 2013..The present study compared the CLBP prevalence in a medium sized city in Brazil between the years 2002 and 2010 and examined factors associated with prevalence in 2010...
- [Knowledge about contraceptives in a population 15 years or older in a southern Brazilian city]Vera Maria Vieira Paniz
Programa de Pós Graduação em Epidemiologia, Universidade Federal de Pelotas, Pelotas, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 21:1747-60. 2005..Despite high prevalence of any lifetime contraceptive use (75.3%), knowledge is still limited about the most widely used methods, as well as about the menstrual cycle and fertile period...
- [Access to continuous-use medication among adults and the elderly in South and Northeast Brazil]Vera Maria Vieira Paniz
Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Pelotas, Pelotas, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 24:267-80. 2008..The results show important inequity in health, reinforcing the need for policies to expand access, mainly for lower-income population groups...
- Free access to hypertension and diabetes medicines among the elderly: a reality yet to be constructedVera Maria Vieira Paniz
Universidade Federal de Pelotas, Pelotas, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 26:1163-74. 2010..A greater connection between programs and a clear definition of responsibilities can improve medicine acquisition process, increasing the effectiveness of pharmaceutical assistance...
- Validation of the Netherlands physical activity questionnaire in Brazilian childrenRenata M Bielemann
Post Graduate Program in Epidemiology, Federal University of Pelotas, Brazil
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 8:45. 2011..There is a need to assess the reliability of these instruments, especially for researches in children. The aim of this study was to determine the validity of the Netherlands Physical Activity Questionnaire (NPAQ)...
- Measuring access to medicines: a review of quantitative methods used in household surveysVera Maria V Paniz
Programa de Pós Graduação em Epidemiologia, Universidade Federal de Pelotas, Pelotas, Brazil
BMC Health Serv Res 10:146. 2010..The aim of this study was to describe quantitative methodologies to measure medicine access on household level, access expressed as paid or unpaid medicine acquisition...