- Short-term use of liraglutide in the management of patients with weight regain after bariatric surgeryDenis Pajecki
Service of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, Department of Digestive Surgery, Clinics Hospital, São Paulo University HC FM USP, city of São Paulo, São Paulo State SP, Brazil
Rev Col Bras Cir 40:191-5. 2013..To evaluate the results of the use of liraglutide in a group of patients undergoing surgical treatment of morbid obesity with unsatisfactory weight loss or regain of more than 15% of minimum reached weight...
- [Megaesophagus microbiota and carcinogenesis]Denis Pajecki
Disciplina de Cirurgia do Aparelho Digestivo, Departamento de Gastroenterologia, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brasil
Arq Gastroenterol 40:16-9. 2003..It is possible that the production of N-nitroso compounds in the esophageal lumen by of bacterial action in the stasis liquid that reduce nitrates from diet into nitrites may play a role in this process...
- Multidisciplinary approach to morbidly obese patients undergoing surgical treatment by adjustable gastric bandingDenis Pajecki
Departamento de Gastroenterologia, Hospital das Clinicas, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Rev Col Bras Cir 37:328-32. 2010..To evaluate the outcome of the surgical treatment of morbidly obese patients by Adjustable Gastric Banding (ABG) followed in a multidisciplinary clinic...
- Larger amounts of nitrite and nitrate-reducing bacteria in megaesophagus of Chagas' disease than in controlsD Pajecki
Department of Gastroenterology, Surgical Division, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, Av 9 de Julho 4440, Jd Paulista, Sao Paolo 01406 100, Brazil
J Gastrointest Surg 11:199-203. 2007..113). There is a higher concentration of reductive bacteria in MG, responsible for the rise in nitrite concentration at the esophageal lumen and, eventually, for the formation of volatile nitrosamines...
- Follow-up of Roux-en-Y gastric bypass patients at 5 or more years postoperativelyDenis Pajecki
University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Obes Surg 17:601-7. 2007..We analyzed the results of weight loss, resolution of co-morbidities and nutritional complications of patients submitted to the silicone ring RYGBP, at least 5 years before...
- Megaesophagus microbiota: a qualitative and quantitative analysisDenis Pajecki
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, Brazil
J Gastrointest Surg 6:723-9. 2002..05). It was concluded that patients with megaesophagus have a variety of microbiota consisting mostly of aerobic gram-positive and anaerobic bacteria, in concentrations that varied according to the degree of esophageal dilation...
- A novel sampling method for the investigation of gut mirobiotaAlina Guimaraes Quintanilha
Digestive Surgery Division, Department of Gastroenterology, Sao Paulo University Medical School, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
World J Gastroenterol 13:3990-5. 2007....
- Long-term nutritional outcome after gastric bypassLorença Dalcanale
Department of Gastroenterology, Clinical Division, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Obes Surg 20:181-7. 2010..Weight loss and nutritional status 5 or more years after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass was prospectively documented. The hypothesis was that even after clinical adaptation, imbalances might still occur...
- Rhabdomyolysis after gastric bypass: severity and outcome patternsJoel Faintuch
Division of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Hospital das Clinicas, Sao Paulo University Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Obes Surg 16:1209-13. 2006..Rhabdomyolysis (RML) is a recently recognized complication of bariatric operations, but it is not known whether creatine kinase (CK) levels along with clinical markers are able to define the course and outcome...
- Digestive tract microbiota in healthy volunteersBruno Zilberstein
Digestive Surgery Division, Medical School, Sao Paulo University, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 62:47-54. 2007....
- Early complications in bariatric surgery: incidence, diagnosis and treatmentMarco Aurelio Santo
Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Unit, Discipline of Digestive Surgery, University of São Paulo Medical School Unidade de Cirurgia Bariátrica e Metabólica, Disciplina de Cirurgia do Aparelho Digestivo Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de São Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Arq Gastroenterol 50:50-5. 2013..Early diagnosis and appropriate treatment of these complications are directly associated with a greater probability of control...
- Preoperative weight loss in super-obese patients: study of the rate of weight loss and its effects on surgical morbidityMarco Aurelio Santo
Unit of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery, Gastroenterology Department, Discipline of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Hospital das Clínicas da Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de São Paulo HCFMUSP, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 69:828-34. 2014..The objective of this study was to analyze the results of a period of hospitalization for preoperative weight loss in a group of super-obese patients...
- Functional assessment of older obese patients candidates for bariatric surgeryDenis Pajecki
Unidade de Cirurgia Bariátrica e Metabólica, Departamento de Gastroenterologia, Divisão Cirúrgica, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de São Paulo HC FMUSP, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Arq Gastroenterol 51:25-8. 2014..The functional assessment of elderly patients, candidates for bariatric surgery and the extent to which surgery can bring benefits to the patients, in the field of functionality, has still to be determined...
- Calcium intake and metabolic bone disease after eight years of Roux-en-Y gastric bypassCamila Duran de Campos
Obesity Division, Department of Endocrinology, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Obes Surg 18:386-90. 2008..The objectives of this study were to evaluate calcium intake, bone metabolism, and prevalence of metabolic bone disease in women subjected to RYGBP after 8 years...
- Simultaneous gastric banding and cholecystectomy in the treatment of morbid obesity: is it feasible?Bruno Zilberstein
Gastromed, Zilberstein Institute, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Obes Surg 14:1331-4. 2004..The aim of this study is to evaluate the postoperative outcome in patients submitted to laparoscopic AGB with cholecystectomy...