Irismar Reis de Oliveira
- Trial-based psychotherapy and the efficacy of trial-based thought record in changing unhelpful core beliefs and reducing self-criticismIrismar Reis de Oliveira
Department of Neurosciences and Mental Health, Federal University of Bahia, Salvador, Brazil
CNS Spectr 17:16-23. 2012..Efficacy of the trial-based thought record (TBTR) in decreasing the credit given by patients to negative CBs and corresponding emotions was evaluated...
- Efficacy of the trial-based thought record, a new cognitive therapy strategy designed to change core beliefs, in social phobiaI R de Oliveira
Department of Neuroscience and Mental Health, University Hospital Professor Edgard Santos, Federal University of Bahia, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
J Clin Pharm Ther 37:328-34. 2012..Thus, new approaches that have promised in improving the efficacy of treatment for SAD are needed. One such approach is the trial-based thought record (TBTR), which targets the restructuring of patients' core beliefs...
- Extracting numerical data from published reports of pharmacokinetics investigations: method description and validationIrismar Reis de Oliveira
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, Federal University of Bahia, CEP 40110 100, Vale do Canela, Salvador Bahia, Brazil
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 17:471-2. 2003..The agreement between the observers was almost perfect (R > 0.99). The proposed method makes possible use of data in meta-analyses that, would otherwise be discarded...
- Kafka's trial dilemma: proposal of a practical solution to Joseph K.'s unknown accusationIrismar Reis de Oliveira
Department of Neurosciences and Mental Health, University Hospital, Federal University of Bahia, Brazil
Med Hypotheses 77:5-6. 2011..Empirical data supporting this hypothesis as well as the approach I proposed to deal with it are presented in this paper...
- Review of the efficacy of placebo in comparative clinical trials between typical and atypical antipsychoticsIrismar Reis de Oliveira
Department of Neurosciences and Mental Health, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Salvador, BA, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 31:52-6. 2009..To review the efficacy of placebo in comparison with atypical and typical antipsychotics for the treatment of schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder and to evaluate the pertinence of using placebo in clinical trials with antipsychotics...
- Aripiprazole for patients with schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder: an open-label, randomized, study versus haloperidolIrismar Reis de Oliveira
Department of Neurosciences and Mental Health, Federal University of Bahia, Bahia, Brazil
CNS Spectr 14:93-102. 2009..Aripiprazole, a dopamine D2 receptor partial agonist, has also partial agonist activity at serotonin (5-HT)1A receptors and antagonist activity at 5-HT2A receptors...
- Trial-Based Thought Record (TBTR): preliminary data on a strategy to deal with core beliefs by combining sentence reversion and the use of analogy with a judicial processIrismar Reis de Oliveira
Psychiatry Service, Hospital Universitario Professor Edgard Santos, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Salvador, BA, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 30:12-8. 2008..To propose the Trial-Based Thought Record, a modified, 7-column thought record addressing core beliefs by sentence reversion and the analogy to a trial...
- [Diabetes mellitus and atypical antipsychotics]Eduardo Pondé de Sena
Departamento de Farmacologia, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Salvador, BA, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 25:253-7. 2003..Dietetic measures and attention to risk factors should be taken into account during the treatment of psychotic patients...
- The impacts of cognitive-behavioral therapy on the treatment of phobic disorders measured by functional neuroimaging techniques: a systematic reviewAmanda Galvão-de Almeida
Universidade Federal da Bahia, Affective Disorders Center, Department of Neurosciences and Mental Health, School of Medicine, SalvadorBA, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 35:279-83. 2013..Based on these concepts, a systematic review was conducted aiming to evaluate the impact of CBT on phobic disorders measured by functional neuroimaging techniques...
- Relapse in patients with schizophrenia: a comparison between risperidone and haloperidolEduardo Pondé de Sena
University Hospital Prof Edgard Santos, Federal University of Bahia, Salvador, BA, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 25:220-3. 2003..To compare rates of rehospitalization and time to relapse in risperidone vs. haloperidol-treated schizophrenic patients discharged from the hospital...
- [Psychiatric disorders in patients with diabetes type 2 at medical care and training district of Rio Branco-Acre, Brazil]Milagros Clavijo
Faculdade de Medicina da Bahia, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Salvador, BA, Brasil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 64:807-13. 2006..Studies have established higher prevalence of psychiatric disorders in diabetic patients...
- Mental disorders prevalence among female caregivers of children in a cohort study in Salvador, BrazilDarci Neves Santos
Institute of Collective Health, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Salvador, BA, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 28:111-7. 2006..The caregiver-child relationship is important for child development. The prevalence of mental disorders was assessed in a female caregiver group and associated with socioenvironmental factors...
- Influence of specific obsessive-compulsive symptom dimensions on strategic planning in patients with obsessive-compulsive disorderPaula Sanders Pereira Pinto
Consórcio Brasileiro de Pesquisa em TOC, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Salvador, BA, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 33:40-6. 2011..This study investigates obsessive-compulsive disorder patients in terms of strategic planning and its association with specific obsessive-compulsive symptom dimensions...
- [Cognitive-behavioral therapy for depression]Vania Bitencourt Powell
Escola Bahiana de Medicina e Saude Publica, Salvador, BA, Brasil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 30:s73-80. 2008..To describe the use of cognitive techniques and to review studies on the efficacy of CBT in the treatment of depression...
- Prevalence and clinical impact of eating disorders in bipolar patientsCamila Seixas
Center for the Study of Mood and Anxiety Disorders, University Hospital, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Salvador, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 34:66-70. 2012..To study the impact of eating disorders (EDs) on the severity of bipolar disorder (BD)...