Iseli L Nantes
- Specific effects of reactive thiol drugs on mitochondrial bioenergeticsIseli L Nantes
Centro de Ciencias Naturais e Humanas, Universidade Federal do ABC, Santo Andre, SP, Brazil
J Bioenerg Biomembr 43:11-8. 2011..These studies demonstrated that the action of drugs on mitochondrial bioenergetics can be modulated by peculiar reactivity with thiol groups. Therefore, they contribute to studies of toxicity as well as the design of new drugs...
- Covalent binding and anchoring of cytochrome c to mitochondrial mimetic membranes promoted by cholesterol carboxyaldehydeThiago C Genaro-Mattos
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Quimica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Chem Res Toxicol 26:1536-44. 2013..Although not investigated in detail in this study, cytc adduction to cholesterol derived aldehydes could have implications in cytc release from mitochondria under apoptotic stimuli. ..
- Intermediate Tyrosyl Radical and Amyloid Structure in Peroxide-Activated CytoglobinJuliana C Ferreira
Departamento de Bioquimica, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
PLoS ONE 10:e0136554. 2015..This result suggests that Cygb possibly participates in the development of degenerative diseases; our findings also support the possible biological role of Cygb related to peroxidase activity. ..
- UV-light effects on cytochrome c modulated by the aggregation state of phenothiazinesCarolina G dos Santos
NanoBioMAv, Centro de Ciencias Naturais e Humanas, Universidade Federal do ABC, Santo Andre, SP, Brazil Universidade de Mogi das Cruzes UMC, Mogi das Cruzes, SP, Brazil
PLoS ONE 8:e76857. 2013....
- Towards the mechanisms involved in the antioxidant action of MnIII [meso-tetrakis(4-N-methyl pyridinium) porphyrin] in mitochondriaJuliana C Araujo-Chaves
Centro Interdisciplinar de Investigação Bioquímica, Universidade de Mogi das Cruzes UMC, Mogi das Cruzes, SP, Brazil
J Bioenerg Biomembr 43:663-71. 2011..The present results suggest GPx-like activity to be the principal antioxidant mechanism of Mn(III)TMPyP, whose efficiency is dependent on the NADPH/GSH content in cells...
- On the mechanisms of phenothiazine-induced mitochondrial permeability transition: Thiol oxidation, strict Ca2+ dependence, and cyt c releaseThiago S Cruz
Centro Interdisciplinar de Investigação Bioquímica, Universidade de Mogi das Cruzes, Mogi das Cruzes, SP, Brazil
Biochem Pharmacol 80:1284-95. 2010..These findings contribute for the understanding of mechanisms of MPT induction and may have implications for the cell death induced by PTZ...
- Cytochrome c-promoted cardiolipin oxidation generates singlet molecular oxygenSayuri Miyamoto
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Quimica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, CP26077, CEP 05513 970, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Photochem Photobiol Sci 11:1536-46. 2012..Based on these data and previous findings we propose a mechanism of singlet oxygen generation through reactions involving peroxyl radicals (Russell mechanism) and excited triplet carbonyl intermediates (energy transfer mechanism)...
- Characterization of hydrophobic interaction and antioxidant properties of the phenothiazine nucleus in mitochondrial and model membranesMarcelo B D Borges
Centro Interdisciplinar de Investigação Bioquímica CIIB, Universidade de Mogi das Cruzes UMC, SP, Brazil
Free Radic Res 44:1054-63. 2010..This study contributes to the comprehension of the correlation structure and function of phenothiazines and antioxidant properties...
- Thiosemicarbazone p-Substituted Acetophenone Derivatives Promote the Loss of Mitochondrial Δψ, GSH Depletion, and Death in K562 CellsFelipe S Pessoto
NanoBioMAv, Centro de Ciencias Naturais e Humanas, Universidade Federal do ABC, Avenida dos Estados 5001, Bairro Bangu, 09210 580 Santo André, SP, Brazil
Oxid Med Cell Longev 2015:394367. 2015..The possible mechanisms leading to cell death are discussed based on the observed effects of the new TSC compounds on the cellular thiol content and on mitochondrial bioenergetics. ..
- Effects of transmembrane potential and pH gradient on the cytochrome c-promoted fusion of mitochondrial mimetic membranesCintia Kawai
Centro de Ciências Naturais e Humanas CCNH, Universidade Federal do ABC, Av dos Estados 5001, Santo Andre, SP 09210 580, Brazil
J Bioenerg Biomembr 45:421-30. 2013..These results are consistent with previous reports showing that cytochrome c release prior to the dissipation of the ΔΨ(M) blocks inner mitochondrial membrane fusion during apoptosis...
- Recycling of the high valence States of heme proteins by cysteine residues of THIMET-oligopeptidaseJuliana C Ferreira
Departamento de Biofisica, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil Centro de Ciências Naturais e Humanas, Universidade Federal do ABC, Santo Andre, SP, Brasil
PLoS ONE 8:e79102. 2013..These findings are discussed towards a possible occurrence of these reactions in cells. ..
- Not only oxidation of cardiolipin affects the affinity of cytochrome C for lipid bilayersCintia Kawai
Centro de Ciencias Naturais e Humanas, Universidade Federal do ABC, 09210 580 Santo André SP, Brazil
J Phys Chem B 118:11863-72. 2014..Therefore, in the presence of CL, the oxidation of zwitterionic lipids also promotes changes in the cyt c structure and in the affinity for lipid bilayers...
- Cytotoxicity of phenothiazine derivatives associated with mitochondrial dysfunction: a structure-activity investigationPriscila A de Faria
Centro de Ciencias Naturais e Humanas, Universidade Federal do ABC, Santo Andre, SP, Brazil Electronic address
Toxicology 330:44-54. 2015....
- Photodamage in a mitochondrial membrane model modulated by the topology of cationic and anionic meso-tetrakis porphyrin free basesCintia Kawai
Centro de Ciências Naturais e Humanas CCNH, Universidade Federal do ABC, Santo Andre, SP, Brazil
Photochem Photobiol 90:596-608. 2014..Conversely, TPPS4 generates singlet oxygen in the bulk whose lifetime is increased in D2O. Therefore, the affinity of the porphyrin to the membrane modulates the rate, type and degree of lipid damage...
- Molecular interactions and structure of a supramolecular arrangement of glucose oxidase and palladium nanoparticlesAndressa R Pereira
Centro de Ciencias Naturais e Humanas, Universidade Federal do ABC, Santo Andre, Brazil
Phys Chem Chem Phys 13:12155-62. 2011..Vibrational spectroscopy (FTIR) showed that significant structural changes occurred in GOx after the association to PdNP. These mechanistics and structural studies can contribute for modulation of bionanocomposites properties...