Marisa M Mussi-Pinhata
- Birth prevalence and natural history of congenital cytomegalovirus infection in a highly seroimmune populationMarisa M Mussi-Pinhata
Department of Pediatrics, University of Sao Paulo, Avenida Bandeirantes 3900, 14049 900, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Clin Infect Dis 49:522-8. 2009..This study evaluated the birth prevalence, clinical findings at birth, and hearing outcome in CMV-infected children from such a population...
- Placental transfer of naturally acquired, maternal cytomegalovirus antibodies in term and preterm neonatesMarisa Marcia Mussi-Pinhata
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Med Virol 69:232-9. 2003..At less than 34 weeks of gestational age, transfer of neutralizing antibodies may be favored and these antibodies reach the neonatal serum of 99% of these premature infants...
- Lower respiratory tract infections among human immunodeficiency virus-exposed, uninfected infantsMarisa M Mussi-Pinhata
Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Avenida Bandeirantes 3900, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Int J Infect Dis 14:e176-82. 2010..To evaluate whether maternal HIV disease severity during pregnancy is associated with an increased likelihood of lower respiratory tract infections (LRTIs) in HIV-exposed, uninfected infants...
- Maternal antiretrovirals and hepatic enzyme, hematologic abnormalities among human immunodeficiency virus type 1-uninfected infants: the NISDI perinatal studyMarisa M Mussi-Pinhata
Department of Pediatrics, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Pediatr Infect Dis J 26:1032-7. 2007..To assess hepatic enzyme (HE) and hematologic abnormalities among human immunodeficiency virus-1-uninfected infants according to maternal antiretroviral regimen during pregnancy...
- Infectious disease morbidity among young HIV-1-exposed but uninfected infants in Latin American and Caribbean countries: the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development International Site Development Initiative Perinatal StudyMarisa M Mussi-Pinhata
University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Pediatrics 119:e694-704. 2007..The goal was to describe the frequency, characteristics, and correlates of infectious disease morbidity during the first 6 months of life among HIV-1-exposed but uninfected infants...
- Perinatal or early-postnatal cytomegalovirus infection in preterm infants under 34 weeks gestation born to CMV-seropositive mothers within a high-seroprevalence populationMarisa Marcia Mussi-Pinhata
Department of Pediatrics, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, Brazil
J Pediatr 145:685-8. 2004..Early or prolonged exposure to breast milk is an associated factor. However, most infections are asymptomatic, indicating that CMV infection in preterm infants within such a population is a serious problem infrequently...
- Early-onset bacterial infection in Brazilian neonates with respiratory distress: a hospital-based studyMarisa M Mussi-Pinhata
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Trop Pediatr 50:6-11. 2004..53, p = 0.05) or born to mothers with signs of intra-amniotic infection (adjusted OR = 2.83, p = 0.04). Preventive measures against early bacterial infection in preterm infants from this population are strongly warranted...
- Factors associated with vertical HIV transmission during two different time periods: the impact of zidovudine use on clinical practice at a Brazilian reference centreM M Mussi-Pinhata
Department of Pediatrics, University of Sao Paulo, Av Bandeirantes 3900, Campus USP, 14049 900, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brasil
Int J STD AIDS 14:818-25. 2003..6) facilitated transmission. Although confirming the protective effect of zidovudine prophylaxis, alternative approaches aimed at pregnant women identified late are needed for this population...
- Both human immunodeficiency virus-infected and human immunodeficiency virus-exposed, uninfected children living in Brazil, Argentina, and Mexico have similar rates of low concentrations of retinol, beta-carotene, and vitamin EJacqueline P Monteiro
University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Nutr Res 29:716-22. 2009..Low concentrations of retinol, beta-carotene, and vitamin E are very common in children exposed to HIV living in Brazil, Argentina, and Mexico, regardless of HIV-infection status...
- Undervaccination of perinatally HIV-infected and HIV-exposed uninfected children in Latin America and the CaribbeanRegina C M Succi
Escola Paulista de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Pediatr Infect Dis J 32:845-50. 2013..Perinatally HIV-infected (PHIV) children may be at risk of undervaccination. Vaccination coverage rates among PHIV and HIV-exposed uninfected (HEU) children in Latin America and the Caribbean were compared...
- High Levels of Chemokine C-C Motif Ligand 20 in Human Milk and Its Production by Oral KeratinocytesAlan G Lourenço
1 Department of Pediatrics, Ribeirao Preto School of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Breastfeed Med . 2016..Although CCL20 is secreted by many normal human tissues, no studies have evaluated the presence of CCL20 in human milk or its production by oral keratinocytes stimulated by human milk...
- Excess respiratory viral infections and low antibody responses among HIV-exposed, uninfected infantsAdriana Weinberg
aAnschutz Medical Center, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO, USA bDepartment of Pediatrics, Ribeirao Preto School of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil cWestat, Rockville, MD, USA dDepartamento de Medicina da Universidade Federal de Sao Carlos, Sao Carlos, SP, Brasil eEscola de Medicina da Universidade de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brasil fHFSE Hospital Federal dos Servidores do Estado, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil gEscola Paulista de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil hEunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda, MD, USA iPresent address University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
AIDS . 2017..We performed a serologic investigation to determine the role of common childhood respiratory pathogens in the excess incidence of infections in HEUs...