- Prevalence of excessive daytime sleepiness and associated factors in a Brazilian community: the Bambuí studyClaudia Hara
Medical Residency of Psychiatry Psychopharmacology Course, Institute of Social Security of the Civil Servants of Minas Gerais, Rua Rio Grande do Norte, 921 803, 30130 131, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Sleep Med 5:31-6. 2004..The objectives of the present study were to determine the prevalence of EDS in a Brazilian town with 15,000 inhabitants (Bambuí, MG), and the socio-demographic characteristics associated with it...
- Insomnia subtypes and their relationship to excessive daytime sleepiness in Brazilian community-dwelling older adultsClaudia Hara
Psychiatry Residency Programme Psychopharmacology Course, Social Security Institute of the Civil Servants of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Sleep 34:1111-7. 2011..To investigate the association between different types of insomnia as exposures and excessive daytime sleepiness (EDS) as a binary outcome in older Brazilian residents...
- Antidepressants for depression in Parkinson's disease: systematic review and meta-analysisFabio L Rocha
Instituto de Previdência dos Servidores do Estado de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
J Psychopharmacol 27:417-23. 2013..However, the results were unstable. In fact, the small number of trials and methodological drawbacks preclude definitive conclusions about their efficacy and tolerability in dPD...
- Duloxetine treatment for women with premenstrual dysphoric disorder: a single-blind trialMelissa Guarieiro Ramos
Department of Psychiatry, Instituto de Previdência dos Servidores do Estado de Minas Gerais IPSEMG, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 12:1081-8. 2009..Further large-scale, double-blind, placebo-controlled studies are needed to evaluate duloxetine as an additional treatment strategy for the management of PMDD...
- Is insomnia a marker for psychiatric disorders in general hospitals?Fabio Lopes Rocha
Institute of Social Security of the Civil Servants of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Alameda Ezequiel Dias, 225, 30130 110 Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Sleep Med 6:549-53. 2005..The aim was to evaluate the relationship between insomnia and psychiatric disorders in general hospital inpatients...
- Benefits of combining aripiprazole to clozapine: three case reportsFabio Lopes Rocha
Rua dos Otoni, 106, Santa Efigenia, 30150 270, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 30:1167-9. 2006..A substantial number of patients treated with clozapine shows insufficient response. The author presents the results of adding aripiprazole in patients resistant to clozapine...
- Efficacy and safety of antidepressant augmentation with lamotrigine in patients with treatment-resistant depression: a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind studyMilena Antunes Santos
Mental Health Service of the City Hall of Belo Horizonte Institute of Social Security of the Civil Servants of Minas Gerais IPSEMG and Faculdade de Saúde e Ecologia Humana, Vespasiano, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Prim Care Companion J Clin Psychiatry 10:187-90. 2008..Small sample size, higher chronicity, and refractoriness may be related to treatment failure.Trial Registration: clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT00652171...