Eduardo Samo Gudo
- Serologic and molecular typing of human T-lymphotropic virus among blood donors in Maputo City, MozambiqueEduardo Samo Gudo
Departamento de Imunologia, Instituto Nacional de Saude, Maputo, Mozambique
Transfusion 49:1146-50. 2009..The aim was to determine the prevalence of HTLV-1/2 among blood donors of the Maputo Central Hospital Blood Bank and measure the coinfection rate of HTLV-1/2 with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), hepatitis B virus (HBV), and syphilis...
- Impact of asymptomatic Plasmodium falciparum parasitemia on the imunohematological indices among school children and adolescents in a rural area highly endemic for malaria in southern MozambiqueEduardo Samo Gudo
Instituto Nacional de Saude, Maputo, Mozambique
BMC Infect Dis 13:244. 2013....
- Performance of absolute CD4+ count in predicting co-infection with human T-lymphotropic virus type 1 in antiretroviral-naive HIV-infected patientsE S Gudo
Instituto Nacional de Saude, PO Box 264, Maputo, Mozambique
Int J STD AIDS 23:717-23. 2012....
- Co-infection by human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) and human T cell leukemia virus type 1 (HTLV-1): does immune activation lead to a faster progression to AIDS?Eduardo Samo Gudo
Department of Immunology, National Institute of Health, Maputo, Mozambique
BMC Infect Dis 9:211. 2009..Our aim was to determine the phenotypic profile of T lymphocytes subsets among Mozambican patients co-infected by HIV and HTLV-1...
- CD4(+)CD25(High) Treg cells in HIV/HTLV co-infected patients with neuropathy: high expression of Alpha4 integrin and lower expression of Foxp3 transcription factorRaquel Matavele Chissumba
National Institute of Health, Ministry of Health, Av Eduardo Mondlane 1008, 2nd Floor, Maputo, Mozambique
BMC Immunol 16:52. 2015..The aim of this study was to characterize phenotypically Treg cells in HIV-1/HTLV-1 co-infected Mozambican individuals presenting neurological symptoms...
- HAM/TSP-derived HTLV-1-infected T cell lines promote morphological and functional changes in human astrocytes cell lines: possible role in the enhanced T cells recruitment into Central Nervous SystemEduardo Samo Gudo
National Institute of Health, Ministry of Health, Av Eduardo Mondlane, 1008, Maputo, Mozambique
Virol J 12:165. 2015..In this study we used a model of co-culture between human HTLV-1-infected (CIB and C91PL) and non-infected (CEM) T lymphocyte cell lines and astrocyte (U251 and U87) cell lines to mimic the in vivo T cell-astrocyte interactions...
- Nutritional status and its association with physical fitness, physical activity and parasitological indicators in youths from rural MozambiqueLeonardo Nhantumbo
Faculty of Physical Education and Sports, Pedagogical University of Maputo, Maputo, Mozambique
Am J Hum Biol 25:516-23. 2013..Little information exists about the relationship of nutritional status and motor performance conditional on asymptomatic parasitemia in rural African children...
- Serological evidence of rift valley fever virus among acute febrile patients in Southern Mozambique during and after the 2013 heavy rainfall and flooding: implication for the management of febrile illnessEduardo Samo Gudo
National Institute of Health, Ministry of Health, Av Eduardo Mondlane 1008, Ministry of Health Main Building, 2nd Floor, PO Box 264, Maputo, Mozambique
Virol J 13:96. 2016....
- Seroepidemiology of Rubella in Mozambique, 2006-2014: Implications for Rubella Immunization in Settings With High Fertility RatesNádia Alves Amade
From the Department of Technological Platforms, Instituto Nacional de Saude, Ministry of Health, Maputo, Mozambique and Faculdade de Medicina, Eduardo Mondlane University, Maputo, Mozambique
Pediatr Infect Dis J 35:1062-8. 2016..In this study, we investigated the frequency of immunoglobulin M antibodies against rubella and examined correlations with fertility rates during the period from 2006 to 2014 in Mozambique...