Lea Tenenholz Grinberg
- Brain bank of the Brazilian aging brain study group - a milestone reached and more than 1,600 collected brainsLea Tenenholz Grinberg
Department of Pathology, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, SP 01246 903, Brazil
Cell Tissue Bank 8:151-62. 2007....
- Clinico-pathological discrepancies in the diagnoses of solid malignanciesLea Tenenholz Grinberg
Department of Pathology, Sao Paulo University Medical School, and Albert Einstein Research and Education Institute, Albert Einstein Hospital, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Pathol Res Pract 204:867-73. 2008..Our data show that a high rate of discrepancies occurs in solid malignancies. Autopsies may provide the basis for a better understanding of diagnostic deficiencies in different circumstances...
- Improved detection of incipient vascular changes by a biotechnological platform combining post mortem MRI in situ with neuropathologyLea Tenenholz Grinberg
Aging Brain Project, Department of Pathology, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Av Dr Arnaldo 455, sala 1353 01246903, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Neurol Sci 283:2-8. 2009..This protocol will greatly facilitate a systematic study of the location, pathogenesis, clinical impact, prognosis and prevention of WMHs...
- Brainstem pathology and non-motor symptoms in PDLea Tenenholz Grinberg
Aging Brain Project, Department of Pathology, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Neurol Sci 289:81-8. 2010..The multidisciplinary efforts of research directed to these non-nigral brainstem nuclei, in addition to the topographical and chronological spread of the disease - especially in the prodromal stages of PD, are discussed...
- Association between adiposity and systemic atherosclerosis: a protocol of a cross-sectional autopsy studyAline Nishizawa
Laboratory of Cardiovascular Pathology LIM 22, Department of Pathology, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil Pathophysiology in Aging Lab Brazilian Aging Brain Study Group LIM 22, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Open Heart 3:e000433. 2016..Moreover, most studies had small sample sizes and were limited to middle-aged or young adults. Our aim is to investigate the association between adiposity and systemic atherosclerosis in an autopsy study...
- Validity of the Katz Index to assess activities of daily living by informants in neuropathological studiesRenata Eloah de Lucena Ferretti-Rebustini
Universidade de Sao Paulo, Escola de Enfermagem, Departamento de Enfermagem Médico Cirúrgia, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Rev Esc Enferm USP 49:946-52. 2015..To analyze the evidences of construct validity of the Katz Index for the retrospective assessment of activities of daily living (ADL) by informants, to assist neuropathological studies in the elderly...
- Factors associated with brain volume in major depression in older adults without dementia: results from a large autopsy studyPaula Villela Nunes
University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry . 2017..We also examined potential risk factors for brain atrophy, including demographics and clinical variables...
- Three-dimensional and stereological characterization of the human substantia nigra during agingAna Tereza Di Lorenzo Alho
Grupo de Estudos em Envelhecimento Cerebral e LIM 22, Department of Pathology, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo, Av Dr Arnaldo, 455 sala 1353, Sao Paulo, CEP 01246 903, Brazil
Brain Struct Funct 221:3393-403. 2016..Further studies with a larger sample size are needed for understanding the structure-function interaction of human SN. ..
- Argyrophilic Grain Disease: Demographics, Clinical, and Neuropathological Features From a Large Autopsy StudyRoberta Diehl Rodriguez
From the Discipline of Pathophysiology RDR, MM, CfN, Behavioral and Cognitive Neurology Unit, Department of Neurology RDR, RN, Brazilian Brain Bank of the Aging Brain Study Group, LIM 22 CKS, REPL, REdLF R, JMF, HH, RN, CAP, WJ F, LTG, Discipline of Geriatrics, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil CKS, REPL, JMF, WJ F Medical Surgical Nursing Department, University of São Paulo School of Nursing, Sao Paulo, Brazil REdLF R Department of Pathology, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil HH, CAP, LTG Department of Psychiatry, Morphological Brain Research Unit, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Tlalpan
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 75:628-35. 2016..Moreover, understanding the mechanisms behind higher susceptibility to AGD of low SES subjects may disclose novel environmental risk factors for AGD and other neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Perivascular Adipose Tissue Inflammation and Coronary Artery Disease: An Autopsy Study ProtocolDaniela Souza Farias-Itao
Laboratory of Cardiovascular Pathology, Department of Pathology LIM22, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
JMIR Res Protoc 5:e211. 2016..Moreover, the role of B lymphocytes and inflammation in PAT that is adjacent to unstable atheroma plaques has not been investigated in humans using morphometric measurements...
- Complex network-driven view of genomic mechanisms underlying Parkinson's disease: analyses in dorsal motor vagal nucleus, locus coeruleus, and substantia nigraBeatriz Raposo Corradini
Department of Pediatrics, Faculdade de Medicina da USP FMUSP, Avenida Dr Enéas Carvalho Aguiar 647, 5 andar, 05403 900 Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Biomed Res Int 2014:543673. 2014....
- Very low levels of education and cognitive reserve: a clinicopathologic studyJose Marcelo Farfel
Department of Geriatrics, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Neurology 81:650-7. 2013....
- How to run a brain bank--revisitedRivka Ravid
Cell Tissue Bank 9:149-50. 2008