F G Graeff
- The elevated T-maze as an experimental model of anxietyF G Graeff
Laboratorio de Psicofarmacologia, FFCLRP e Núcleo de Neurociências e Comportamento da Universidade de São Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 23:237-46. 1998..These behavioral and pharmacological results support the view that inhibitory avoidance in the elevated T-maze may be related to generalized anxiety disorder, while one-way escape may be associated with panic disorder...
- Escitalopram prolonged fear induced by simulated public speaking and released hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis activationC Garcia-Leal
Department of Neurology, Psychiatry and Medical Psychology, Medical School of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
J Psychopharmacol 24:683-94. 2010....
- Serotonergic regulation of inhibitory avoidance and one-way escape in the rat elevated T-mazeH Zangrossi
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, 14049 901, SP, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 25:637-45. 2001..Taken together, these results suggest that 5-HT exerts differential control on inhibitory avoidance and escape response in the elevated T-maze, mobilizing different types of 5-HT receptors in key structures implicated in fear/anxiety...
- Role of 5-HT in stress, anxiety, and depressionF G Graeff
Laboratorio de Psicofarmacologia, FFCLRP, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Brasil
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 54:129-41. 1996..Clinical implications of these results are discussed, especially with regard to panic disorder and depression...
- Comparison between two models of experimental anxiety in healthy volunteers and panic disorder patientsF G Graeff
Department of Neurology, Psychiatry and Medical Psychology, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, 14049 900, SP, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 25:753-9. 2001..Therefore, panic patients seem to process unconditioned fear abnormally, which may be due to lack of 5-HT inhibition in brain structures commanding flight from proximal danger stimuli...
- Hormonal changes and increased anxiety-like behavior in a perimenopause-animal model induced by 4-vinylcyclohexene diepoxide (VCD) in female ratsF M C V Reis
Laboratorio de Neuropsicofarmacologia, Faculdade de Filosofia, Ciencias e Letras de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Av Bandeirantes 3900, 14049 901 Ribeirão Preto, SP, Brazil Instituto de Neurociências e Comportamento INeC, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Psychoneuroendocrinology 49:130-40. 2014..Thus, this model seems to be promising in the study of perimenopause-related changes...
- Anxiolytic and panicolytic effects of escitalopram in the elevated T-mazeS N Pinheiro
Division of Psychiatry, School of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
J Psychopharmacol 22:132-7. 2008..Since no such effect was observed following subchronic administration, it is likely that the mechanisms of the early and late anxiolytic actions of escitalopram are different...