Thiago Y Fukuda
- Neuromuscular training and muscle strengthening in patients with patellofemoral pain syndrome: a protocol of randomized controlled trialNayra Deise Dos Anjos Rabelo
Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Campus Baixada Santista, Avenue Ana Costa, 95 Santos SP, CEP 11060 000, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 15:157. 2014..Neuromuscular training has also been identified as a therapeutic tool, although the benefits of this intervention in patients with PFPS patients remain inconclusive...
- Efficacy of adding the Kinesio Taping method to guideline-endorsed conventional physiotherapy in patients with chronic nonspecific low back pain: a randomised controlled trialMarco Aurélio Nemitalla Added
Masters and Doctoral Programs in Physical Therapy, Universidade Cidade de São Paulo, Rua Cesário Galeno 475, 03071 000 São Paulo SP, Brazil
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 14:301. 2013..We aim to determine the effectiveness of the addition of the use of Kinesio Taping in patients with chronic nonspecific low back pain who receive guideline-endorsed conventional physiotherapy...
- Infrared low-level diode laser on inflammatory process modulation in mice: pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokinesThiago Y Fukuda
Physical Therapy Sector, Irmandade da Santa Casa de Misericórdia de São Paulo ISCMSP, Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Lasers Med Sci 28:1305-13. 2013..05). The low-level laser application decreased the TNF-α and IFN-γ release in vivo of spleen mononuclear cells in mice, especially after two exposure sessions. However, there was no modulation of the IL-6 and TGF-β1 release. ..
- Open kinetic chain exercises in a restricted range of motion after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: a randomized controlled clinical trialThiago Yukio Fukuda
Santa Casa de Sao Paulo, Setor de Fisioterapia, Rua Dr Cesário Motta 112, 01221 020, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
Am J Sports Med 41:788-94. 2013..However, there are no clinical trials that evaluated outcomes of OKC exercises in a restricted ROM for pain, function, muscle strength, and anterior knee laxity at 1 year after surgery...
- Infrared low-level diode laser on serum chemokine MCP-1 modulation in miceThiago Y Fukuda
Experimental Surgery, Federal University of Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Rua Botucatu, 740 Vila Clementino, Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Lasers Med Sci 28:451-6. 2013..05). The infrared LLLT showed a cumulative effect in the modulation of chemokine MCP-1 concentration. Three LLLT exposures were necessary to achieve the MCP-1 modulation...
- Hip posterolateral musculature strengthening in sedentary women with patellofemoral pain syndrome: a randomized controlled clinical trial with 1-year follow-upThiago Yukio Fukuda
Department of Physical Therapy, Irmandade da Santa Casa de Misericórdia de São Paulo ISCMSP, Centro Universitário SãoCamilo CUSC, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 42:823-30. 2012..Randomized controlled trial...
- Short-term effects of hip abductors and lateral rotators strengthening in females with patellofemoral pain syndrome: a randomized controlled clinical trialThiago Yukio Fukuda
ISCMSP, Physical Therapy Department, Sao Paulo Brazil
J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 40:736-42. 2010..Randomized clinical trial...
- Calibration of low-level laser therapy equipmentThiago Y Fukuda
Physical Therapy Sector, Irmandade Santa Casa de Misericórdia de São Paulo ISCMSP, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
Rev Bras Fisioter 14:303-8. 2010..Despite the increase in the use of low-level laser therapy (LLLT), there is still a lack of consensus in the literature regarding how often the equipment must be calibrated...
- Single session to infrared low level diode laser on TNF-alpha and IL-6 cytokines release by mononuclear spleen cells in mice: a pilot studyThiago Y Fukuda
Experimental Surgery, Federal University of Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, SP 04023 062, Brazil
Lasers Surg Med 42:584-8. 2010..The main objective was to investigate the effect of a single session of an AsGaAl laser on spleen cells interleukin-6 (IL-6) and tumor necrosis factor - alpha (TNF-alpha) release, in vivo, in mice...
- Isometric strength ratios of the hip musculature in females with patellofemoral pain: a comparison to pain-free controlsEduardo Magalhães
Sports Traumatology Specialized Group, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
J Strength Cond Res 27:2165-70. 2013..These strength imbalances may explain the tendency of females with PFP to demonstrate kinematic tendencies that increase loading on the patellofemoral joint (i.e., dynamic knee valgus)...