- Obesity in children and adolescents: Working Group report of the second World Congress of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and NutritionMauro Fisberg
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 39:S678-87. 2004
- Metabolic syndrome, dyslipidemia, hypertension and type 2 diabetes in youth: from diagnosis to treatmentAlfredo Halpern
Group of Obesity and Metabolic Syndrome, Endocrinology and Metabolism Service, Hospital das Clinicas da Faculdade de Medicina, São Paulo University HC FMUSP, Av, Dr, Enéas de Carvalho Aguiar, 155 8º andar bloco 3, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Diabetol Metab Syndr 2:55. 2010..Government actions and a better understanding of the causes of this problem must be implemented worldwide, by aiming at the prevention of obesity in children and adolescents...
- [Regional differences in knowledge, attitudes, and practice in emergency contraceptive use among health sciences university students in Brazil]Flávia Calanca da Silva
Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 26:1821-31. 2010..Inter-regional differences in knowledge had no impact on students' attitudes and practice in emergency contraception. National awareness-raising campaigns are needed to improve knowledge on emergency contraception...
- [High arterial pressure in school children in Santos--relationship to obesity]Paulo Cesar Koch Nogueira
Faculdade de Ciências Medicas de Santos, Centro Universitário Lusíada, Sao Paulo, SP
Rev Assoc Med Bras 53:426-32. 2007..The escalating prevalence of obesity has led to an increase in the blood pressure of children and adolescents. This works aims to assess the relation between blood pressure and obesity in school children of Santos...
- Evolution of body mass index in two historical series of adolescentsIsa de Pádua Cintra
Centro de Atendimento e Apoio ao Adolescente, Departamento de Pediatria, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo Escola Paulista de Medicina, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Pediatr (Rio J) 83:157-62. 2007..To verify the evolution of body mass index (BMI) between two studies of adolescent populations...
- A study of the influence of mouth-breathing in some parameters of unstimulated and stimulated whole saliva of adolescentsRosa M E Weiler
Federal University, Adolescent Sector, Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, S Paulo, SP 05412 003, Brazil
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 70:799-805. 2006....
- Nutritional assessment and serum zinc and copper concentration among children with acute lymphocytic leukemia: a longitudinal studyUrsula Rohr Sgarbieri
Pediatric Section, Hospital das Clinicas, Faculdade de Medicina de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 124:316-20. 2006..The present study aimed to follow anthropometric parameters and serum levels of zinc and copper in a group of children under treatment for acute lymphocytic leukemia...
- Anti-oxLDL autoantibodies and their correlation with lipid profile and nutritional status in adolescentsLeticia B Sanches
Mestranda em Saúde Pública, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP
J Pediatr (Rio J) 84:258-63. 2008..To investigate whether levels of autoantibodies to oxidized LDL (anti-oxLDL) in the plasma of adolescents correlates with their anthropometric measurements and lipid profiles...
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease decrease in obese adolescents after multidisciplinary therapyLian Tock
Federal University of Sao Paulo, Paulista Medicine School, UNIFESP, EPM, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 18:1241-5. 2006..Despite the increasing prevalence of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, its pathogenesis and clinical significance remain poorly defined and there is no ideal treatment...
- Relationship between calcium intake and body mass index in adolescentsLuana Caroline dos Santos
Federal University of Sao Paulo, Brasil
Arch Latinoam Nutr 55:345-9. 2005..7 +/- 7.4 kg/m2) than adolescents in the highest calcium quartile. These results indicated a dietary calcium intake lower than recommendations for this life stage, and a contribution of this mineral in the body mass index...
- [Prevalence of overweight and obesity in school children of Santos city, Brazil]Roberto Fernandes da Costa
Prefeitura Municipal de Santos, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 50:60-7. 2006..Private schools showed higher prevalence rates of obesity than public schools (p= 0.001)...
- Anti-hepatitis A virus frequency in adolescents at an outpatient clinic in São Paulo, BrazilMaria Isabel Saraiva Dinelli
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Department of Pediatrics, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 48:43-4. 2006..004). These results suggest that adolescents in São Paulo are at risk of hepatitis A infection and are probably contracting HAV infection during this age period...
- Impact of the hypocaloric diet using food substitutes on the body weight and biochemical profileMauro Fisberg
Adolescent Center Federal University of Sao Paulo and Sao Marcos University Brazil
Arch Latinoam Nutr 54:402-7. 2004..In conclusion, the use of food substitutes as meal replacement, together with a balanced, hypocaloric diet, proved to be efficient in weight loss for Brazilian overweighed individuals...
- Zinc nutritional status and its relationships with hyperinsulinemia in obese children and adolescentsDilina Do Nascimento Marreiro
Department of Food Science and Experimental Nutrition, School of Pharmacy, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Biol Trace Elem Res 100:137-49. 2004....
- Zinc nutritional status in obese children and adolescentsDilina Do Nascimento Marreiro
Department of Food Science and Experimental Nutrition, School of Pharmacy, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Biol Trace Elem Res 86:107-22. 2002..Urinary zinc excretion was significantly higher in the same group. The results allowed one to conclude that zinc nutritional status in obese individuals is altered...
- Role of routine and mass vaccination campaigns in immunization status of adolescentsM Isabel S Dinelli
Eur J Pediatr 166:635. 2007
- Serum albumin and clinical outcome in pediatric cardiac surgeryHeitor Pons Leite
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Discipline of Nutrition and Metabolism, Department of Pediatrics, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Nutrition 21:553-8. 2005....
- [Study on the effectiveness of brief intervention for alcohol and other drug use directed to adolescents in a primary health care unit]Denise De Micheli
Departamento de Psicobiologia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Rev Assoc Med Bras 50:305-13. 2004..The main purpose of this study was to evaluate the effectiveness of a brief intervention and a preventive orientation on the use of alcohol and other drugs directed towards adolescents...