Jose Marcelo Farfel
- Relation of genomic variants for Alzheimer disease dementia to common neuropathologiesJose M Farfel
From the Department of Geriatrics J M F, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Brazil Department of Pathology J M F, J A S, Rush Alzheimer s Disease Center J M F, L Y, A S B, J A S, D A B, and Department of Neurological Sciences L Y, A S B, J A S, D A B, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL Program in Translational NeuroPsychiatric Genomics P L D, Institute for the Neurosciences, Departments of Neurology and Psychiatry, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston Harvard Medical School P L D, Boston and Program in Medical and Population Genetics P L D, Broad Institute, Cambridge, MA
Neurology 87:489-96. 2016..To investigate the associations of previously reported Alzheimer disease (AD) dementia genomic variants with common neuropathologies...
- Association of APOE with tau-tangle pathology with and without β-amyloidJose M Farfel
Department of Geriatrics, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil Department of Pathology, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA Rush Alzheimer s Disease Center, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA Electronic address
Neurobiol Aging 37:19-25. 2016..The data provide additional evidence that PHF-tau tangles in the absence of β-amyloid may reflect a pathologic process distinct from Alzheimer's disease...
- Comprehensive geriatric assessment predicts mortality and adverse outcomes in hospitalized older adultsThiago J Avelino-Silva
Geriatrics Division, Internal Medicine Department, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
BMC Geriatr 14:129. 2014..Our aim was to evaluate the application of a CGA model for the clinical characterization and prognostic prediction of hospitalized older adults...
- Very low levels of education and cognitive reserve: a clinicopathologic studyJose Marcelo Farfel
Department of Geriatrics, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Neurology 81:650-7. 2013....
- Age, invasive ventilatory support and outcomes in elderly patients admitted to intensive care unitsJose Marcelo Farfel
Geriatrics Division, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Age Ageing 38:515-20. 2009....
- Validity of the Katz Index to assess activities of daily living by informants in neuropathological studiesRenata Eloah de Lucena Ferretti-Rebustini
Universidade de Sao Paulo, Escola de Enfermagem, Departamento de Enfermagem Médico Cirúrgia, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Rev Esc Enferm USP 49:946-52. 2015..To analyze the evidences of construct validity of the Katz Index for the retrospective assessment of activities of daily living (ADL) by informants, to assist neuropathological studies in the elderly...
- Higher Prevalence of TDP-43 Proteinopathy in Cognitively Normal Asians: A Clinicopathological Study on a Multiethnic SampleCamila Nascimento
Discipline of Experimental Pathophysiology, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Brain Pathol 26:177-85. 2016..Future studies are needed to identify possible race-related protective factors against clinical expression of TDP-43 proteinopathies. ..
- Association between adiposity and systemic atherosclerosis: a protocol of a cross-sectional autopsy studyAline Nishizawa
Laboratory of Cardiovascular Pathology LIM 22, Department of Pathology, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil Pathophysiology in Aging Lab Brazilian Aging Brain Study Group LIM 22, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Open Heart 3:e000433. 2016..Moreover, most studies had small sample sizes and were limited to middle-aged or young adults. Our aim is to investigate the association between adiposity and systemic atherosclerosis in an autopsy study...
- Factors associated with brain volume in major depression in older adults without dementia: results from a large autopsy studyPaula Villela Nunes
University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry . 2017..We also examined potential risk factors for brain atrophy, including demographics and clinical variables...
- Applicability of the Spoken Knowledge in Low Literacy Patients with Diabetes in Brazilian elderlyJonas Gordilho Souza
Hospital das Clinicas, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Einstein (Sao Paulo) 14:513-519. 2016..To translate, adapt and evaluate the properties of a Brazilian Portuguese version of the Spoken Knowledge in Low Literacy Patients with Diabetes, which is a questionnaire that evaluate diabetes knowledge...
- Argyrophilic Grain Disease: Demographics, Clinical, and Neuropathological Features From a Large Autopsy StudyRoberta Diehl Rodriguez
From the Discipline of Pathophysiology RDR, MM, CfN, Behavioral and Cognitive Neurology Unit, Department of Neurology RDR, RN, Brazilian Brain Bank of the Aging Brain Study Group, LIM 22 CKS, REPL, REdLF R, JMF, HH, RN, CAP, WJ F, LTG, Discipline of Geriatrics, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil CKS, REPL, JMF, WJ F Medical Surgical Nursing Department, University of São Paulo School of Nursing, Sao Paulo, Brazil REdLF R Department of Pathology, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil HH, CAP, LTG Department of Psychiatry, Morphological Brain Research Unit, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Tlalpan
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 75:628-35. 2016..Moreover, understanding the mechanisms behind higher susceptibility to AGD of low SES subjects may disclose novel environmental risk factors for AGD and other neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Brain bank of the Brazilian aging brain study group - a milestone reached and more than 1,600 collected brainsLea Tenenholz Grinberg
Department of Pathology, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, SP 01246 903, Brazil
Cell Tissue Bank 8:151-62. 2007....
- Estimating premorbid cognitive abilities in low-educated populationsDaniel Apolinario
Geriatrics Division, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
PLoS ONE 8:e60084. 2013..To develop an informant-based instrument that would provide a valid estimate of premorbid cognitive abilities in low-educated populations...
- Depression and cardiovascular risk factors: evidence from a large postmortem sampleClaudia K Suemoto
Discipline of Geriatrics, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 28:487-93. 2013..We aimed to investigate the association of depression with cardiovascular risk factors and diseases (CVRFD) in a large population-based sample...