Marco Kawamura Demange
- "Fatigue meniscal tears": a description of the lesion and the results of arthroscopic partial meniscectomyMarco Kawamura Demange
Institute of Orthopaedic Surgery Hospital das Clínicas, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Rua Ouvidio Pires de Campos, 333, Cerqueira Cesar, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Int Orthop 40:399-405. 2016....
- Patient-specific implants for lateral unicompartmental knee arthroplastyMarco K Demange
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Int Orthop 39:1519-26. 2015..As a secondary question, we wished to determine if patient-specific unicompartmental implants provide good clinical outcomes in surgical treatment of lateral unicompartmental osteoarthritis...
- Nonanatomic anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction with double-stranded semitendinosus grafts in children with open physes: minimum 15-year follow-upMarco Kawamura Demange
Hospital das Clinicas, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Am J Sports Med 42:2926-32. 2014..Nonanatomic anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction (ACLR) with double-stranded semitendinosus grafts in children with open physes has been described as a successful surgical technique in short-term follow-up clinical reports...
- Iatrogenic instability of the lateral meniscus after partial meniscectomyMarco Kawamura Demange
University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Knee 20:360-3. 2013..Due to the innocuous appearance on MRI, the etiology of the locking episodes can be difficult to determine, leading to delays in diagnosis and treatment of this entity...
- Limits to clinical trials in surgical areasMarco Kawamura Demange
Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brasil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 66:159-61. 2011..We currently live in a time of supposed ''inferiority'' of surgical scientific works under the optics of the current quality criteria for a ''suitable'' clinical trial...
- Simultaneous anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction and computer-assisted open-wedge high tibial osteotomy: a report of eight casesMarco Kawamura Demange
University of Sao Paulo, Hospital das Clinicas, Brazil
Knee 18:387-91. 2011..9° (24-35, sd±4.8). The simultaneous use of these procedures allowed proper correction of the knee axis during the surgery. The surgery can be performed concomitantly with ACL reconstruction...
- Traumatic patellar dislocation: nonoperative treatment compared with MPFL reconstruction using patellar tendonAlexandre Carneiro Bitar
Instituto Vita, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Am J Sports Med 40:114-22. 2012..Over the long term, acute patellar dislocations can result in patellar instability, with high recurrence rates after nonoperative treatment...
- Is it safe to reconstruct the knee Anterolateral Ligament with a femoral tunnel? Frequency of Lateral Collateral Ligament and Popliteus Tendon injuryCamilo Partezani Helito
University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int Orthop 40:821-5. 2016....
- Functional assessment of combined reconstruction of the anterior cruciate ligament and posterolateral corner with a single femoral tunnel: a two-year minimum follow-upCamilo Partezani Helito
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, 05403 010, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int Orthop 39:543-8. 2015..Because there have been no studies on the functional outcomes and possible complications of this technique, our goal is to demonstrate a two-year minimum follow-up of patients who underwent this type of reconstruction...
- The meniscal insertion of the knee anterolateral ligamentCamilo Partezani Helito
Knee Surgery Division, Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Institute of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Hospital and Clinics, Faculty of Medicine, University of São Paulo IOT HCFMUSP, Rua Dr Ovidio Pires de Campos, 333, Cerqueira Cesar, Sao Paulo, SP, CEP 05403 010, Brazil
Surg Radiol Anat 38:223-8. 2016....
- Effect of postoperative use of nasal oxygen catheter supplementation in wound healing following total knee arthroplastyCamilo Partezani Helito
Knee Surgery Department, Orthopaedic and Traumatology Institute, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 69:735-9. 2014....
- Radiographic landmarks for locating the femoral origin and tibial insertion of the knee anterolateral ligamentCamilo Partezani Helito
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Institute of Orthopedics and Traumatology Hospital and Clinics, Faculty of Medicine, University of São Paulo IOT HCFMUSP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Am J Sports Med 42:2356-62. 2014..Therefore, when considering the least invasive method for reconstruction of this structure, it is important to identify the corresponding bony landmarks on radiographic images...
- Evaluation of quality of life and walking ability among amputated patients and those who refused to undergo amputation following infection of total knee arthroplasty: Small case seriesCamilo Partezani Helito
Institute of Orthopedics and Traumatology, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Prosthet Orthot Int 39:463-9. 2015..Patients who undergo transfemoral amputation after infection of a total knee arthroplasty do not have good functional outcomes and have major difficulty walking...
- Are the osseous and tendinous-cartilaginous tibial tuberosity-trochlear groove distances the same on CT and MRI?Betina Bremer Hinckel
Department of Orthopaedics, Institute of Orthopaedics and Traumatology of the Clinical Hospital of the Medical School of the University of São Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Skeletal Radiol 44:1085-93. 2015....
- Patellar tendon healing with platelet-rich plasma: a prospective randomized controlled trialAdriano Marques de Almeida
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Sao Paulo University Medical School, FIFA Medical Centre of Excellence, R Dr Ovidio Pires de Campos, 333, Cerqueira Cesar, 05403 010 Sao Paulo, Brazil
Am J Sports Med 40:1282-8. 2012..The patellar tendon has limited ability to heal after harvesting its central third. Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) could improve patellar tendon healing...
- Clinical and epidemiological differences between septic arthritis of the knee and hip caused by oxacillin-sensitive and -resistant s. aureusCamilo Partezani Helito
Instituto de Ortopedia e Traumatologia, Hospital das Clínicas da Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de São Paulo HCFMUSP, Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 70:30-3. 2015..To establish the risk factors for joint infection by oxacillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) using clinical and epidemiological data...
- MRI evaluation of the anterolateral ligament of the knee: assessment in routine 1.5-T scansCamilo Partezani Helito
Faculty of Medicine, Institute of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Knee Surgery Division, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Skeletal Radiol 43:1421-7. 2014..This study evaluated the ability of routine 1.5-T MRI scans to visualize the anterolateral ligament (ALL) and describe its path and anatomic relations with lateral knee structures...
- Screw loosening and iliotibial band friction after posterolateral corner reconstructionCamilo Partezani Helito
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, IOT HCFMUSP Institute of Orthopedics and Traumatology Hospital and Clinics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Knee 21:769-73. 2014..The main objective of the present study is to evaluate complications related to fixation performed by a screw and toothed washer technique...
- Conservative versus surgical treatment for repair of the medial patellofemoral ligament in acute dislocations of the patellaGilberto Luis Camanho
Institute of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Hospital das Clinicas, School of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Arthroscopy 25:620-5. 2009..The objective of this study was to analyze and compare the results obtained after 2 types of treatment, surgical and conservative, for acute patellar dislocations...