Leandro Luongo de Matos
- Prevalence of oral and oropharyngeal human papillomavirus infection in Brazilian population studies: a systematic reviewLeandro Luongo de Matos
Instituto do Cancer do Estado de Sao Paulo ICESP, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo USP, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil Electronic address
Braz J Otorhinolaryngol 81:554-67. 2015..Human papillomavirus has been associated with head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. However, there is no conclusive evidence on the prevalence of oral or pharyngeal infection by human papillomavirus in the Brazilian population...
- Tumor thickness as a predictive factor of lymph node metastasis and disease recurrence in T1N0 and T2N0 squamous cell carcinoma of the oral tongueLeandro Luongo de Matos
Head and Neck Surgery Department, University of São Paulo USP Medical School, Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil Electronic address
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol 118:209-17. 2014..The aim of the study was to compare the thickness of primary tumors with the frequency of nodal metastases and survival in patients surgically treated for T1/T2N0 oral tongue squamous cell carcinoma...
- Expression of CK-19, galectin-3 and HBME-1 in the differentiation of thyroid lesions: systematic review and diagnostic meta-analysisLeandro Luongo de Matos
Biochemistry Department Faculdade de Medicina do ABC, Santo Andre, Brazil
Diagn Pathol 7:97. 2012..The aim of the present article was to establish the diagnostic accuracy of CK-19, Gal-3 and HBME-1 markers, as well as their associations, in the differentiation of malignant and benign thyroid lesions...
- Immunohistochemistry as an important tool in biomarkers detection and clinical practiceLeandro Luongo de Matos
Biochemistry Department, Faculdade de Medicina do ABC, Santo Andre, SP, Brazil Email
Biomark Insights 5:9-20. 2010..In order to achieve this goal a collaboration and pooling of knowledge from both of these valuable medical areas is vital...
- Cushing's syndrome secondary to bronchopulmonary carcinoid tumor: report of two cases and literature reviewLeandro Luongo de Matos
School of Medicine, ABC s Foundation, Santo Andre, Brazil
Lung Cancer 53:381-6. 2006..Neither of these patients had hypophysary microadenomas, adrenal adenomas or recurrence of CS after surgical treatment, demonstrating that CS was caused solely by the presence of the bronchopulmonary carcinoid tumors...
- Immunohistochemistry quantification by a digital computer-assisted method compared to semiquantitative analysisLeandro Luongo de Matos
Biochemistry Department, Molecular Biology Laboratory, Faculty of Medicine, ABC Foundation, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 61:417-24. 2006..To compare immunostaining quantification obtained by a digital computer-assisted method with the well-established semiquantitative analysis...
- Tumor thickness as an independent risk factor of early recurrence in oral cavity squamous cell carcinomaFábio Roberto Pinto
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Instituto do Cancer do Estado de Sao Paulo ICESP, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Av Dr Arnaldo, 251, Sao Paulo, SP, 01246 000, Brazil
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 271:1747-54. 2014..Adjuvant therapies, in particular post-operative radiotherapy, should be advocated in this group of patients, regardless of the co-existence of other well-described histological risk factors...
- Angiogenesis as an indicator of metastatic potential in papillary thyroid carcinomaElaine Stabenow
Head and Neck Surgery Department and Pathology Department, Hospital das Clinicas, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 60:233-40. 2005..Angiogenesis is new blood vessel formation, a process that can lead to tumor development. Microvessel count has been correlated to metastasis in some neoplasias...
- Heparanase-2 expression in normal ovarian epithelium and in benign and malignant ovarian tumorsJoel Pereira de Moura
Department of Gynecology, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int J Gynecol Cancer 19:1494-500. 2009..Several papers have associated the expression of heparanase 1 with various malignant tumors. Heparanase 2 is probably related to loss of cell adhesion...
- [Pulmonary hamartoma as a differential diagnosis of breast cancer metastasis: case report]Vanessa Assis da Silva
Faculdade de Medicina do ABC, Santo Andre, SP, Brasil
J Bras Pneumol 33:738-42. 2007..5% present primary lung cancer, and 13.5% present benign lesions, including hamartoma...
- Adjuvant treatment delay in breast cancer patientsDamila Cristina Trufelli
Oncology Service, Hospital de Ensino Padre Anchieta, Santo Andre, SP, Brazil
Rev Assoc Med Bras 61:411-6. 2015..to evaluate if time between surgery and the first adjuvant treatment (chemotherapy, radiotherapy or hormone therapy) in patients with breast cancer is a risk factor for lower overall survival (OS)...
- Enhanced morbidity of pectoralis major myocutaneous flap used for salvage after previously failed oncological treatment and unsuccessful reconstructive head and neck surgeryChristiana Maria Ribeiro Salles Vanni
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, ABC Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
ScientificWorldJournal 2012:384179. 2012..The pectoralis major myocutaneous flap (PMMF) has been widely used in these specific situations due to its reliability and low rate of failure or complications...
- Heparanase expression in circulating lymphocytes of breast cancer patients depends on the presence of the primary tumor and/or systemic metastasisThérèse Rachell Theodoro
Departamento de Bioquimica, Faculdade de Medicina do ABC, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Neoplasia 9:504-10. 2007..The results suggest that there is a tumor-inducing effect on heparanase expression by lymphocytes present in the PBMCs of breast cancer patients, which depends, in turn, on the interaction between a tumor and normal lymphocytes...