Luciane Rezende Costa
- Mesiodistal root angulation of permanent teeth in children with mixed dentition and normal occlusionFlávia A S Jesuino
Department of Prevention and Oral Rehabilitation, Dental School, Federal University of Goias, Goiania, GO, Brazil
J Appl Oral Sci 18:625-9. 2010....
- A randomized double-blinded trial of chloral hydrate with or without hydroxyzine versus placebo for pediatric dental sedationLuciane Ribeiro de Rezende Sucasas da Costa
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Federal University of Goias, Goiania, GO, Brazil
Braz Dent J 18:334-40. 2007..CH, CHH and P were effective in 62.5%, 61.5% and 11.1% of the cases, respectively. Chloral hydrate was safe and relatively effective, causing more satisfactory behavioral and physiological outcomes than a placebo...
- Factors related to postoperative discomfort in young children following dental rehabilitation under general anesthesiaLuciane R Costa
Faculty of Dentistry, Federal University of Goias, Goiania, Goias, Brazil
Pediatr Dent 33:321-6. 2011..The purpose of this study was to identify factors related to the occurrence and severity of postoperative discomfort...
- Early childhood caries and body mass index in young children from low income familiesLuciane Rezende Costa
Department of Preventive and Restorative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Federal University of Goias, Primeira Avenida, Setor Universitario, Goiania, GO 74605 220, Brazil
Int J Environ Res Public Health 10:867-78. 2013..05). In contrast, higher family incomes were significantly associated with the lack of caries experience in children (OR 1.22, 95%CI 1.01-1.50), but the mother's level of education was not significantly associated with ECC...
- Combined oral midazolam-ketamine better than midazolam alone for sedation of young children: a randomized controlled trialThiago Anderson Moreira
Division of Anaesthesiology, Federal University of Goiás UFG, Goiania, Goias, Brazil
Int J Paediatr Dent 23:207-15. 2013..06). No immediate and post-discharge side effects were observed in groups MK and MS. CONCLUSIONS. The combination of oral midazolam and ketamine is efficacious for guiding the behaviour of children under 3 years old...
- Post-discharge adverse events following pediatric sedation with high doses of oral medicationLuciane Rezende Costa
Faculty of Dentistry, Universidade Federal de Goias, Goiania, Brazil
J Pediatr 160:807-13. 2012..To compare the occurrence of post-discharge adverse events in children having received a high dose of either chloral hydrate (CH) or midazolam (MZ) during outpatient dental treatment...
- Professional dental prophylaxis increases salivary cortisol in children with dental behavioural management problems: a longitudinal studyHeloisa Sousa Gomes
Programa de Pós Graduação em Odontologia, Universidade Federal de Goias UFG, Av Universitária Esquina com 1ª Avenida s n, Setor Universitario, CEP 74605 220, Goiania, GO, Brazil
BMC Oral Health 16:74. 2016..This longitudinal study aimed to evaluate if DP changes a physiological marker of stress (salivary cortisol) in children with DBMP who were referred to dental treatment under sedation...
- Practices and opinions on nitrous oxide/oxygen sedation from dentists licensed to perform relative analgesia in BrazilAnelise Daher
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Federal University of Goias, 1a Avenida s n, Setor Universitario, Goiania, Goias, Brazil
BMC Oral Health 12:21. 2012..This study aimed to assess RA licensed Brazilian dentists' practices and opinions about nitrous oxide/oxygen sedation in the dental setting...
- Moderate sedation helps improve future behavior in pediatric dental patients - a prospective studyDenise Espíndola Antunes
Universidade Federal de Goias UFG, Health Sciences Graduate Program, Goiania, Goias, Brazil
Braz Oral Res 30:e107. 2016..Although invasive dental treatment negatively affected the child's behavior in the dental chair, they became more cooperative over time. Moderately sedated children showed better prospective behavior than those in the non-sedation group...
- The cross-cultural process of adapting observational tools for pediatric pain assessment: the case of the Dental Discomfort QuestionnaireAnelise Daher
Health Sciences Graduate Program, Federal University of Goias, Goiania, GO, Brazil
BMC Res Notes 7:897. 2014..This study aimed to explore the detailed phases of the cross-cultural adaptation process of a pain assessment tool, presenting the example of the DDQ Brazilian-Portuguese adapted version...
- Screening preschool children with toothache: validation of the Brazilian version of the Dental Discomfort QuestionnaireAnelise Daher
Division of Pediatric Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Federal University of Goias, Goiania, GO, Brazil
Health Qual Life Outcomes 12:30. 2014..This study aimed to validate a previously cross-culturally adapted version of DDQ in a Brazilian children sample...
- Mother-child interactions and young child behavior during procedural conscious sedationDaniella Miranda-Remijo
Health Sciences Graduate Program, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Goias UFG, Rua 235, Setor Universitario, CEP 74605 020, Goiania, Goias, Brazil
BMC Pediatr 16:201. 2016..The aim of this exploratory study was to analyze the association between mother-child interactions in day-to-day family life and preschool children's behavior during dental treatment under conscious sedation...
- How Do Observational Scales Correlate the Ratings of Children's Behavior during Pediatric Procedural Sedation?Larissa da Silva Moura
Health Sciences Graduate Program, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Goias UFG, Goiania, GO, Brazil
Biomed Res Int 2016:5248271. 2016..Continuous assessment with OSUBRS through videos has a chance to give more precise data, while the Houpt categories can easily demonstrate children's behavior during procedures...
- Oral midazolam reduces cortisol levels during local anaesthesia in children: a randomised controlled trialHeloisa Sousa Gomes
Universidade Federal de Goias, Goiania, GO, Brazil
Braz Oral Res 29:S1806-83242015000100305. 2015..Oral midazolam is able to control salivary cortisol levels during dental treatment of pre-schoolers, which might not lead to better clinical behaviour. ..
- Evaluation of clinical and laboratory variables associated with anemia in pediatric patients on hemodialysisJohnathan S de Freitas
Universidade Federal de Goias UFG, Goiania, GO, Brazil Electronic address
J Pediatr (Rio J) 91:87-92. 2015..To identify the occurrence of anemia in pediatric patients on hemodialysis and the association between hemoglobin levels and anemia in CKD-related variables...