- Zinc nutritional status of morbidly obese patients before and after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: a preliminary reportCristiane Cominetti
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Department of Food and Experimental Nutrition, University of Sao Paulo, Prof Lineu Prestes Avenue 580 B14, Butanta University City, 05508 900 Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Obes Surg 16:448-53. 2006..This study assessed the influence of the Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGBP) on the plasma, erythrocyte and urinary zinc concentrations before the beginning of the mineral supplementation...
- Associations between glutathione peroxidase-1 Pro198Leu polymorphism, selenium status, and DNA damage levels in obese women after consumption of Brazil nutsCristiane Cominetti
Department of Food and Experimental Nutrition, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Science, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Nutrition 27:891-6. 2011..The response of Se status, GPx activity, and levels of DNA damage to a Se supplementation trial between the genotypes related to that polymorphism was investigated...
- Importance and management of micronutrient deficiencies in patients with Alzheimer's diseaseBárbara Rita Cardoso
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo USP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Clin Interv Aging 8:531-42. 2013....
- Selenium status and hair mercury levels in riverine children from Rondônia, AmazoniaAriana Vieira Rocha
Departamento de Alimentos e Nutricao Experimental, Faculdade de Ciências Farmcêuticas, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Nutrition 30:1318-23. 2014....
- Glutathione peroxidase 1 Pro198Leu polymorphism in Brazilian Alzheimer's disease patients: relations to the enzyme activity and to selenium statusBárbara Rita Cardoso
PRONUT Program of Applied Human Nutrition FSP FCF FEA, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Nutrigenet Nutrigenomics 5:72-80. 2012..Thus, the aim was to determine the frequency of the GPx1 Pro198Leu polymorphism in AD patients and to verify its relation to glutathione peroxidase (GPx) activity and selenium (Se) status...
- Pro198Leu polymorphism affects the selenium status and GPx activity in response to Brazil nut intakeBárbara R Cardoso
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Department of Food and Experimental Nutrition, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil and The Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health, The University of Melbourne, 30 Royal Parade, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
Food Funct 7:825-33. 2016..This small study gives cause for larger investigations into the role of these SNPs in both the selenium status and response to selenium dietary intake, especially in chronic degenerative conditions like MCI and AD. ..