Carlos T Chone
- Levels II and III neck dissection for larynx cancer with N0 neckCarlos Takahiro Chone
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck, University of Campinas
Braz J Otorhinolaryngol 78:59-63. 2012..This study assessed the possibility of removing level II and level III metastases only, given the low likelihood of occurrence of metastatic lymph nodes on level IV in SCCs of the larynx...
- Impact of immunohistochemistry in sentinel lymph node biopsy in head and neck cancerCarlos Takahiro Chone
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck, University of Campinas, Rua Tessália Vieira de Camargo, Cidade Universitaria, Post Box 6111, Campinas, SP, 13083 970, Brazil
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 270:313-7. 2013..SSS/IHC is important in SLN analysis as the false negative rate decreased significantly while increasing the inherent sensitivity of the analyses...
- Regional tumor recurrence after supraomohyoid neck dissectionCarlos Takahiro Chone
Department of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, State University of Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil 13024 091
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 129:54-8. 2003..To evaluate the recurrence of lymphatic metastases in patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity treated with supraomohyoid neck dissection with and without postoperative radiotherapy...
- A prospective study of long-term dysphagia following total laryngectomyC T Chone
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck, University of Campinas, UNICAMP, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
B-ENT 7:103-9. 2011....
- Use of computerized manometry for the detection of pharyngoesophageal spasm in tracheoesophageal speechCarlos Takahiro Chone
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck, State University of Campinas, UNICAMP, Campinas, Brazil
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 139:449-52. 2008..To evaluate the utility of computerized manometry (CM) to identify pharyngoesophageal segment (PES) spasm during tracheoesophageal speech...
- Predictive value of sentinel node biopsy in head and neck cancerCarlos T Chone
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck, State University of Campinas, Brazil
Acta Otolaryngol 128:920-4. 2008..The negative predictive value (NPV) of sentinel lymph node biopsy (SNB) in this study was 95%. The accuracy of SNB compared to histopathologic evaluation of surgical specimen of subsequent neck dissection (ND) was 96%...
- Importance of anterior commissure in recurrence of early glottic cancer after laser endoscopic resectionCarlos T Chone
Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Av Heitor Penteado 1541, 13087 000 Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 133:882-7. 2007....
- Speech rehabilitation after total laryngectomy: long-term results with indwelling voice prosthesis Blom-SingerCarlos Takahiro Chone
Faculdade de Ciencias Medicas, Universidade Estadual de Campinas
Braz J Otorhinolaryngol 71:504-9. 2005..We studied the influence of time of performance of tracheo-esophageal puncture (TEP), use of radiotherapy (XRT), patients' age and length of follow-up, on the rate of success of use of VP...
- Primary versus secondary tracheoesophageal puncture for speech rehabilitation in total laryngectomy: long-term results with indwelling voice prosthesisCarlos T Chone
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck, State University of Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 133:89-93. 2005..The influence of the timing (primary or secondary) of tracheoesophageal puncture (TEP), use of radiotherapy (xRT), patient age, and length of follow-up were studied to evaluate the success rate of VP use...
- Role of margin status in recurrence after CO2 laser endoscopic resection of early glottic cancerAgricio N Crespo
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Acta Otolaryngol 126:306-10. 2006..In patients with early glottic squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) submitted to CO2 laser endoscopic resection, local disease recurrence was significantly correlated with the presence of positive additional surgical margins on permanent sections...
- Botulinum toxin in speech rehabilitation with voice prosthesis after total laryngectomyCarlos Takahiro Chone
Medical School of the Campinas State University, Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Discipline, UNICAMP, Brazil
Braz J Otorhinolaryngol 74:230-4. 2008..The consequence of such procedure is an increase in salivary fistula rates in the postoperative. Botulin toxin is used in an outpatient basis...
- The Role of SPECT/CT Lymphoscintigraphy and Radioguided Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Managing Papillary Thyroid CancerRaquel Novas Cabrera
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Campinas State University Unicamp, Campinas, Brazil
JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 142:834-41. 2016....
- Levels and patterns of expression of hypoxia-inducible factor-1α, vascular endothelial growth factor, glucose transporter-1 and CD105 in adenoid cystic carcinomas with high-grade transformationAna F Costa
Department of Pathology, University of Campinas UNICAMP, Campinas, Brazil
Histopathology 60:816-25. 2012..To compare the expression of proteins regulated by hypoxia between adenoid cystic carcinoma (ACC) with and without high-grade transformation (HGT)...
- Brazilian tracheotomy speech valve: diaphragm pressure standardizationAngela Rúbia Oliveira Silveira
Serviço de Cabeça e Pescoço, Faculdade de Ciencias Medicas, Universidade Estadual de Campinas
Braz J Otorhinolaryngol 75:107-10. 2009..Tracheotomy is performed in cases of upper airway obstruction or chronic pulmonary disorders. The Tracheotomy Speech Valves (TSV) improve communication and airway hygiene and humidification of tracheotomized patients...