Tereza C Cardoso
- Cellular response markers and cytokine gene expression in the central nervous system of cattle naturally infected with bovine herpesvirus 5T C Cardoso
Laboratory of Animal Virology and Cell Culture, College of Veterinary Medicine, UNIV Universidade Estadual Paulista, Aracatuba, Sao Paulo 16050 680, Brazil Electronic address
Vet J 218:71-77. 2016..Taken together, these results suggest that the host immune response and inflammation play a crucial role in the pathogenesis of acute encephalitis by BHV5 in cattle...
- Isolation, characterization and immunomodulatory-associated gene transcription of Wharton's jelly-derived multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells at different trimesters of cow pregnancyTereza C Cardoso
Laboratory of Animal Virology and Cell Culture College of Veterinary Medicine, UNESP Sao Paulo State University, Aracatuba, Sao Paulo, 16050 680, Brazil
Cell Tissue Res . 2016..The present study demonstrated that WJMSCs harvested from the bovine umbilical cord at different gestational stages showed proliferative capacity, immune privilege and stemness potential...
- Bovine herpesviruses induce different cell death forms in neuronal and glial-derived tumor cell culturesTereza C Cardoso
DAPSA Department, Laboratory of Animal Virology and Cell Culture, College of Veterinary Medicine, Universidade Estadual Paulista, Aracatuba, Sao Paulo, 16050 680, Brazil
J Neurovirol 22:725-735. 2016..Thus, these results contribute to the characterization of BHV1 and BHV5 as potential oncolytic viruses for non-human cells. Nonetheless, the mechanisms underlying their oncolytic activity in human cells are still to be determined...
- Comparative analysis of the replication of bovine herpesvirus 1 (BHV1) and BHV5 in bovine-derived neuron-like cellsTereza C Cardoso
Laboratory of Animal Virology and Cell Culture, Universidade Estadual Paulista, Aracatuba, SP, 16050 680, Brazil
Arch Virol 160:2683-91. 2015..i. Our results indicate that apoptosis plays an important role in preventing neuronal death and provides a bovine-derived in vitro system to study herpesvirus-neuron interactions...
- Validation of a reference control for an SYBR-Green fluorescence assay-based real-time PCR for detection of bovine herpesvirus 5 in experimentally exposed bovine embryosTereza Cristina Cardoso
UNESP, Sao Paulo State University, Laboratory of Animal Virology and College of Veterinary Medicine, Sao Paulo 16050 680, Brazil Electronic address
Mol Cell Probes 27:237-42. 2013....
- Susceptibility of neuron-like cells derived from bovine Wharton's jelly to bovine herpesvirus type 5 infectionsTereza C Cardoso
UNESP University of São Paulo State, Laboratory of Animal Virology and Cell Culture, Sao Paulo, Brazil
BMC Vet Res 8:242. 2012..The present study investigated the potential of bovine Wharton's jelly mesenchymal stromal cells (bWJ-MSCs) to differentiate into a neuronal phenotype and support robust BoHV-5 replication...
- Isolation and characterization of Wharton's jelly-derived multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells obtained from bovine umbilical cord and maintained in a defined serum-free three-dimensional systemTereza C Cardoso
Laboratory of Animal Virology and Cell Culture, UNESP University of São Paulo State, Aracatuba, Sao Paulo 16050 680, Brazil
BMC Biotechnol 12:18. 2012..In this study, bovine-derived umbilical cord Wharton's jelly (UC-WJ) cells were isolated, characterized and maintained under 3D-free serum condition as an alternative of stem cell source for future cell banking...
- Estimation of the diagnostic accuracy of the glyco-C and US9 gene-based polymerase chain reaction technique for the detection of bovine Herpesvirus type 5 DNA in decomposed brain suspension from a slaughter house using Bayesian analysis, BrazilTereza Cristina Cardoso
Laboratory of Animal Virology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Rua Clovis Pestana, 793, 16 050 680, Aracatuba, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Trop Anim Health Prod 44:379-82. 2012..However, given the importance of veterinary diagnoses, PCR-positive samples should be further confirmed through in vitro isolation and/or sequencing...
- Genetically diverse coronaviruses in captive bird populations in a Brazilian zoological parkTereza C Cardoso
Laboratory of Animal Virology, UNESP, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Sao Paulo State, Aracatuba, Brazil
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 11:165-8. 2011..This is the first report on the detection of the CoV genome in captive birds in Brazil...
- Immunohistochemical approach to the pathogenesis of clinical cases of bovine Herpesvirus type 5 infectionsTereza C Cardoso
Department of DCCA and DCCRA, Veterinary School, Laboratory of Virology, Clovis Pestana Street, Aracatuba, 16, 050 680, Brazil
Diagn Pathol 5:57. 2010..0001). These data open a new perspective in understanding the role of the AOP-1, MMP-9 and SNAP-25 proteins in mediating BoHV-5 pathogenesis and the strategies of host-virus interaction in order to invade the CNS...
- Visual detection of turkey coronavirus RNA in tissues and feces by reverse-transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP) with hydroxynaphthol blue dyeTereza C Cardoso
UNESP Sao Paulo State University, Laboratory of Animal Virology, Campus de Araçatuba, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Mol Cell Probes 24:415-7. 2010..In conclusion, RT-LAMP with HNB dye was shown to be a sensitive, simple assay for the rapid diagnosis of TCoV infection, either directly from feces or in association with virus isolation methods...
- A novel in situ polymerase chain reaction hybridisation assay for the direct detection of bovine herpesvirus type 5 in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissuesTereza C Cardoso
Sao Paulo State University, Laboratório de Virologia e Patologia Animal, Curso de Medicina Veterinaria, Campus de Araçatuba, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Virol Methods 163:509-12. 2010..This is the first report using IS-PCR hybridisation for the direct detection of BoHV-5 DNA in clinical samples, and it provides an additional method for veterinary virology...
- Wild rabies virus detection by plaque assay from naturally infected brains in different speciesTereza Cardoso
UNESP Departamento de Apoio, Produção e Saúde Animal, Curso de Medicina Veterinaria, Faculdade de Odontologia, Rua Clovis Pestana, 793, 16 050 680 Araçatuba, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Vet Microbiol 103:161-7. 2004..The described plaque assay would be a new valuable tool in conducting various quantitative investigations, since the chicken embryo cells are susceptible to rabies virus infection from all species studied...
- Rabies neutralizing antibody detection by indirect immunperoxidase serum neutralization assay performed on chicken embryo related cell lineTereza Cristina Cardoso
Departamento de Apoio, Produção e Saúde Animal, Curso de Medicina Veterinaria, UNESP, Campus de Araçatuba, Rua Clóvis Pestana 793, 16050 680 Araçatuba, SP, Brazil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 99:531-4. 2004..5%), and agreement (96.6%) were also obtained. IPVN technique can adequately identify vaccinated and unvaccinated animals, even from low-responding vaccinated animals, with the advantage of low cost and faster then MNT standard test...
- Evaluation of serum- and animal protein-free media for the production of infectious bronchitis virus (M41) strain in a continuous cell lineTereza C Cardoso
UNESP Laboratorio de Virologia, Curso de Medicina Veterinaria, Faculdade de Odontologia, Universidade Estadual Paulista Aracatuba, Br Sao Paulo, Brazil
ALTEX 22:152-6. 2005..8 x 104 PFU/ml in both cases. Thus, propagation of CER cells and culture of IBV can be performed without the use of animal serum or animal protein...
- Chicken embryo related (CER) cell line for quantification of rabies neutralizing antibody by fluorescent focus inhibition testT C Cardoso
UNESP Universidade Estadual Paulista, Curso de Medicina Veterinaria, Departamento de Apoio, Produção e Saúde Animal, CEP 16 015 050, Aracatuba, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Biologicals 34:29-32. 2006..RFFIT method standardized on CER cell system for neutralizing antibodies detection turns the diagnosis easier and less expensive, specially when a great number of samples must be tested from endemic areas as commonly found in Brazil...
- A liquid phase blocking ELISA for the detection of antibodies against infectious bronchitis virusT C Cardoso
Departamento de Apoio, Produção e Saúde Animal, Faculdade de Odontologia, Universidade Estadual Paulista, Aracatuba, SP, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 32:747-52. 1999..8926) between the two tests. The LPB-ELISA represents a single test suitable for the rapid detection of antibodies against bronchitis virus in chicken sera, with good sensitivity (88%), specificity (100%) and agreement (95.31%)...
- Validation of an immunohistochemistry assay to detect turkey coronavirus: a rapid and simple screening tool for limited resource settingsT C Cardoso
Sao Paulo State University, Laboratorio de Virologia, Departamento de Apoio, Produção e Saúde Animal, CEP, Brazil
Poult Sci 87:1347-52. 2008..These findings demonstrated the utility of D-IHC for direct detection of TCoV from field samples and considering the sensitivity and specificity found here, can be used as an alternative technique...
- Direct detection of infectious bursal disease virus from clinical samples by in situ reverse transcriptase-linked polymerase chain reactionTereza C Cardoso
Sao Paulo State University, UNESP Laboratorio de Virologia, DAPSA, Brasil
Avian Pathol 37:457-61. 2008..The developed in situ RT-PCR assay was able to detect the very virulent strain of IBDV with a higher sensitivity than the conventional RT-PCR and virus isolation...
- Evaluation of developmental changes in bovine in vitro produced embryos following exposure to bovine Herpesvirus type 5Mariana P C Brenner
UNESP, Laboratory of Animal Virology, University of Sao Paulo State, College of Veterinary Medicine, Aracatuba, SP 16050 680, Brazil
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 10:53. 2012..In this study, we examined mitochondrial activity, antioxidant protection, stress response and developmental rates of in vitro produced bovine embryos that were exposed and unexposed to BoHV-5...
- Detection of turkey coronavirus in commercial turkey poults in BrazilMaria Cecília B Teixeira
Departamento de Apoio, Produção e Saúde Animal, da Faculdade de Odontologia, Brazil
Avian Pathol 36:29-33. 2007..RT-PCR findings were positive for TCoV in all faecal droppings samples, and in 27% of cloacal swabs. Finally, the best field material for TCoV diagnosis was faecal droppings and/or intestine suspensions...
- Cellular vacuolation and mitochondrial-associated factors induced by Clostridium perfringens epsilon toxin detected using acoustic flow cytometryMarina C Ferrarezi
University of Sao Paulo State, Departamento de Apoio, Produção e Saúde Animal, Rua Clovis Pestana, 793, Araçatuba 16050 680, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Anaerobe 24:55-9. 2013..These results together with high cytotoxicity and visualization of cell vacuoles, demonstrates that acoustic flow cytometry analysis potentially represents an effective tool to study ETX pathogenesis. ..
- Genotyping of Clostridium perfringens isolated from calves with neonatal diarrheaMarina C Ferrarezi
University of Sao Paulo State, Departamento de Apoio, Produção e Saúde Animal, Rua Clovis Pestana, 793, Aracatuba, 16050 680, Sao Paulo State, Brazil
Anaerobe 14:328-31. 2008..There was no correlation between isolation of a given toxin type and the presence of diarrhea...
- Osteogenic potential of mesenchymal cells derived from canine umbilical cord matrix co-cultured with platelet-rich plasma and demineralized bone matrixTalita F B Souza
Laboratory of Animal Virology and Cell Culture, College of Veterinary Medicine, UNESP Universidade Estadual Paulista, Aracatuba, SP 16050 680, Brazil
J Vet Sci 16:381-4. 2015..05) under the same culture conditions after 21 days of observation. In conclusion, addition of PRP to DBM co-cultured with MSCs successfully induced osteogenesis in vitro. ..
- Bull semen variables after experimental exposure with Bovine Herpesvirus type 5Diego Gouveia Souza
University of Sao Paulo State, UNESP, Laboratory of Animal Reproduction, College of Veterinary Medicine, Sao Paulo State, 16050 680, Brazil
Anim Reprod Sci 124:55-60. 2011....
- Immunohistochemical detection of metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9), anti-oxidant like 1 protein (AOP-1) and synaptosomal-associated protein (SNAP-25) in the cerebella of dogs naturally infected with spontaneous canine distemperLivia C Bregano
Laboratory of Virology, Faculdade de Medicina Veterinaria, Campus Araçatuba, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Folia Histochem Cytobiol 49:41-8. 2011..Our findings bring a new perspective to understanding the role of the AOP-1, MMP-9 and SNAP-25 proteins in mediating chronic leukoencephalitis caused by CDV...
- Infectious bronchitis virus replication in the chicken embryo related cell lineHelena L Ferreira
Curso de Medicina Veterinaria, Faculdade de Odontologia, Universidade Estadual Paulista, UNESP Aracatuba, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Avian Pathol 32:413-7. 2003..0 log10 EID50/ml on embryonated chicken eggs, and from 2.0 to 6.0 log10 TCID50/ml on both CER cells and chicken kidney cells studied from 24 to 120 h p.i. These results confirmed that the M41 strain replicated well in the CER cell line...
- Comparison between the counter immunoelectrophoresis test and mouse neutralization test for the detection of antibodies against rabies virus in dog seraLuzia Helena Queiroz da Silva
Departamento de Apoio, Produção e Saúde Animal, Curso de Medicina Veterinaria, Universidade Estadual Paulista, Aracatuba, SP, 16050 680, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 97:259-61. 2002..7926 (p < 0.001). The performance of CIET system was technically simple, cheap and rapid, and thereby it could be useful for serological monitoring of dog vaccination campaigns as well as for individual analysis...