Hanna Karen Moreira Antunes
- Depression, anxiety and quality of life scores in seniors after an endurance exercise programHanna Karen Moreira Antunes
Psychobiology Department, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 27:266-71. 2005..The aim of the present study was to examine the effects of fitness-endurance activity (at the intensity of Ventilatory Threshold 1 (VT-1)) in depression, anxiety and quality of life scores in seniors...
- Quality of life in Brazilian obese adolescents: effects of a long-term multidisciplinary lifestyle therapyMara Cristina Lofrano-Prado
Post Graduate Program in Nutrition, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Paulista School of Medicine, 535 São Paulo, Brazil
Health Qual Life Outcomes 7:61. 2009..Thus the aim of this study was to verify the effects of a long-term multidisciplinary lifestyle intervention on QOL, body image, anxiety, depression and binge eating in obese adolescents...
- Leucine supplementation is anti-atrophic during paradoxical sleep deprivation in ratsHelton de Sá Souza
Departamento de Psicobiologia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Amino Acids 48:949-57. 2016..the LEU and CTL groups. Sleep deprivation led to the atrophy of IIa and IIb muscle fibers; however, leucine supplementation prevented muscle loss and type IIb fiber atrophy. ..
- Resistance training minimizes catabolic effects induced by sleep deprivation in ratsMarcos Mônico-Neto
a Department of Psychobiology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 40:1143-50. 2015..High-intensity RT performed before SD was beneficial in containing muscle loss induced by SD. It also minimized the catabolic signal and increased synthetic activity, thereby minimizing the body's weight loss. ..
- Relationship between physical activity and depression and anxiety symptoms: a population studyMarco Tulio de Mello
Departamento de Psicobiologia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
J Affect Disord 149:241-6. 2013..This study evaluated the frequency of symptoms of depression and anxiety in the population of the city of Sao Paulo and their association with the report of practice of regular physical activity...
- Exercise deprivation increases negative mood in exercise-addicted subjects and modifies their biochemical markersHanna Karen Moreira Antunes
Departamento de Biociencias, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Campus Baixada Santista, Santos, SP, Brazil Centro de Estudos em Psicobiologia e Exercício CEPE, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil Departamento de Psicobiologia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Campus Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil Electronic address
Physiol Behav 156:182-90. 2016..Our data suggest that a 2-week withdrawal exercise period resulted in an increase of negative mood in exercise addiction; additionally, exercise addiction showed low levels of anandamide. ..
- Low family support perception: a 'social marker' of substance dependence?Valdir de Aquino Lemos
Departamento de Psicobiologia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 34:52-9. 2012..Simultaneously assess the relationship between the family support perception and the intensity of hopelessness, depression, and anxiety symptoms in alcohol or drug dependent (AOD) patients and in non-AOD dependent control group (CON)...
- The influence of physical exercise and leisure activity on neuropsychological functioning in older adultsHanna Karen Moreira Antunes
Departamento de Biociencias, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Campus Baixada Santista, Rua Silva Jardim, 136, Térreo Vila Mathias, Santos, Sao Paulo, 11015 020, Brazil
Age (Dordr) 37:9815. 2015..Thus, an aerobic physical fitness program can partially serve as a non-medication alternative for maintaining and improving these functions in older adults; however, leisure activities should also be considered...
- Translation and cultural adaptation of the Game Dice Task to Brazilian populationPatricia Rzezak
Department of Psychobiology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 70:929-33. 2012..The Game Dice Task (GDT) was developed to measure decision making under known risk. The aim of this study was to translate and adapt the GDT to a Brazilian population...
- High altitude exposure impairs sleep patterns, mood, and cognitive functionsValdir de Aquino Lemos
Departamento de Psicobiologia Campus São Paulo, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brasil
Psychophysiology 49:1298-306. 2012..Vigor, attention, visual and working memory, concentration, executive functions, inhibitory control, and speed of mental processing worsened. Changes in sleep patterns can modulate mood and cognition after 24 h...
- Effect of 808 nm low-level laser therapy in exercise-induced skeletal muscle fatigue in elderly womenRenata Luri Toma
Department of Biosciences, Federal University of São Paulo Campus Baixada Santista, Av Ana Costa, 95, 11060 001, Santos, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Lasers Med Sci 28:1375-82. 2013..047). In this study, LLLT was efficient in increasing the mean number of repetitions during knee flexion-extension exercise, although results have not shown delay electromyographic fatigue. ..
- Paradoxical sleep deprivation induces muscle atrophyMurilo Dáttilo
Departamento de Psicobiologia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Rua Professor Francisco de Castro, 93 Vila Clementino, CEP 04020 050, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Muscle Nerve 45:431-3. 2012..Because paradoxical sleep deprivation (PSD) induces a catabolic hormone profile, we sought to evaluate the morphology of the tibialis anterior (TA) muscle and testosterone and corticosterone levels of paradoxical sleep-deprived rats...