- Association of sexual maturation with excess body weight and height in children and adolescentsJucemar Benedet
Programa de Pós Graduação em Educação Física, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Campus Universitario, Trindade, Santa Catarina 88040900, Florianopolis, Brazil
BMC Pediatr 14:72. 2014..The aim of the study was to analyze the association of sexual maturation with excess body weight and height in children and adolescents...
- Nutritional strategies of physically active subjects with muscle dysmorphiaNadir Contesini
Uniasselvi FAMEBLU, R Dr Pedro Zimmermann, 385 89065 000, Blumenau, SC, Brazil
Int Arch Med 6:25. 2013..The aim of this study was to identify dietary strategies for physically active individuals with muscle dysmorphia based on a systematic literature review...
- Bisphosphonates adherence for treatment of osteoporosisHelena Parente Vieira
Laboratory of Studies Design and Scientific Writing, Faculty of Medicine ABC, Av, Príncipe de Gales, 821, Santo Andre, SP, 09060 650, Brazil
Int Arch Med 6:24. 2013..The aim of this study was to conduct a systematic review on BPs adherence for treatment of osteoporosis...
- Hydatidiform mole resulting from sexual violenceJefferson Drezett
Laboratório de Escrita Científica, Departamento de Morfologia e Fisiologia, Faculdade de Medicina do ABC, Av, Príncipe de Gales, 821, 09060 650 Santo Andre, SP, Brazil
Int Arch Med 5:8. 2012..There is no reference in literature on HM resulting from sexual violence, objective of this report...
- Construct validity of a figure rating scale for Brazilian adolescentsFernando Adami
Departamento de Saúde da Coletividade, Faculdade de Medicina do ABC, Av, Príncipe de Gales, 821, 09060650, Santo Andre, SP, Brazil
Nutr J 11:24. 2012..However, it lacks in the literature the validation of the scale for body silhouettes previously adapted. We aimed to obtain evidence for construct validity of a figure rating scale for Brazilian adolescents...
- Childhood and adolescent obesity and adult mortality: a systematic review of cohort studiesFernando Adami
Faculdade de Saude Publica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 24:s558-68. 2008..Use of BMI and potential confounders were discussed. Further research is needed to analyze the relationship between childhood and adolescent obesity and adult mortality...
- Sidestream cigarette smoke and cardiac autonomic regulationVitor E Valenti
Department of Speech Language and Hearing therapy, Faculty of Philosophy and Sciences, UNESP, Av, Higyno Muzzi Filho, 737, Marilia, SP 17, 525 900, Brazil
Int Arch Med 6:11. 2013..In this study, we performed a literature review in order to investigate the relationship between sidestream cigarette smoke (SSCS) and cardiac autonomic regulation...
- Sensitivity, specificity and predictive values of linear and nonlinear indices of heart rate variability in stable angina patientsFlavio Correa Pivatelli
Serviço de Hemodinâmica e Cardiologia Intervencionista do Hospital de Base Fundação Faculdade Regional de Medicina FUNFARME, de São José do Rio Preto SP and Departamento de Cardiologia e Cirurgia Cardiovascular da Faculdade de Medicina de São José do Rio Preto FAMERP, Av, Brigadeiro Faria Lima, 5416, 15090 000, Sao Jose do Rio Preto, SP, Brazil
Int Arch Med 5:31. 2012..Decreased heart rate variability (HRV) is related to higher morbidity and mortality. In this study we evaluated the linear and nonlinear indices of the HRV in stable angina patients submitted to coronary angiography...
- Acne in adult women and the markers of peripheral 3 alpha-diol G activityMarisa G Cunha
Disciplina de Dermatologia, FMABC, Santo Andre, SP, Brazil
J Cosmet Dermatol . 2016..Defining a pattern for laboratory profile analysis is important for the control of relapses of acne breakouts in adult women, which lately has been the aim of many published studies...
- Heart rate variability in stroke patients submitted to an acute bout of aerobic exerciseRodrigo Daminello Raimundo
Faculdade Medicina ABC, Santo Andre, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Transl Stroke Res 4:488-99. 2013..6±315). These findings suggest that stroke patients showed a reduced HRV during and at least 30 min after exercise, due to an autonomic imbalance reflected by increased indexes that represent the sympathetic nervous system...
- Evaluation of functional rehabilitation physiotherapy protocol in the postoperative patients with anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction through clinical prognosis: an observational prospective studyTabata Cristina do Carmo Almeida
Faculdade de Medicina do ABC, Laboratório de Epidemiologia e Análise de dados, Departamento de Saúde da Coletividade, Av Principe de Gales, 821, Príncipe de Gales, CEP 09060 650, Santo Andre, SP, Brazil
BMC Res Notes 9:449. 2016..The aim of the study was to evaluate the evolution of patients subject to physical treatment based on guidelines of functional rehabilitation after surgery anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction...
- Characteristics of sexual violence against adolescent girls and adult womenMárcia de Toledo Blake
Laboratório de Delineamento de Estudos e Escrita Científica, Departamento de Ciencias Basicas, Faculdade de Medicina do ABC, Av, Príncipe de Gales, 821, 09060 650 Santo Andre, SP, Brazil
BMC Womens Health 14:15. 2014..There is little information about the conditions under which sexual offences occur. We evaluated characteristics of sexual violence against adolescent girls and adult women...
- Mortality and Incidence of Hospital Admissions for Stroke among Brazilians Aged 15 to 49 Years between 2008 and 2012Fernando Adami
Departamento de Saúde da Coletividade, Laboratório de Epidemiologia e Análise de dados, Faculdade de Medicina do ABC, Santo Andre, Sao Paulo, Brasil
PLoS ONE 11:e0152739. 2016..The objective was to analyze rates of stroke-related mortality and incidence of hospital admissions in Brazilians aged 15 to 49 years according to region and age group between 2008 and 2012...
- Inability of Turbidimetry Method in Detecting Glycated Hemoglobin to Select Diabetes Mellitus Patients According to Their Concentrations of Blood Glucose LevelsAlessandra M Abdallah
Clinical Laboratory Analysis, ABC Medical School, Santo Andre, SP, Brazil
J Clin Lab Anal 29:312-6. 2015..The aim of this study was to evaluate the grade of concordance between turbidimetry and liquid chromatography methods in the glycated hemoglobin determination and to estimate the sensibility and specificity values of turbidimetry...
- Sidestream cigarette smoke effects on cardiovascular responses in conscious rats: involvement of oxidative stress in the fourth cerebral ventricleVitor E Valenti
Programa de Pós graduação em Fisioterapia, Faculdade de Ciencias e Tecnologia, Universidade Estadual Paulista, UNESP, Presidente Prudente, SP, Brazil
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 12:22. 2012..We aimed to evaluate the effects of central catalase inhibition on baroreflex and cardiovascular responses in rats exposed to sidestream cigarette smoke (SSCS)...