- Ulipristal acetate prevents ovulation more effectively than levonorgestrel: analysis of pooled data from three randomized trials of emergency contraception regimens
PROFAMILIA, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic Electronic address
Contraception 88:611-8. 2013
..Ulipristal acetate (UPA) and levonorgestrel's (LNG) capacity to inhibit follicular rupture have never been compared directly at this time of the cycle...
- A dose-finding, cross-over study to evaluate the effect of a Nestorone®/Estradiol transdermal gel delivery on ovulation suppression in normal ovulating women
PROFAMILIA, Santo Domingo 10401, Dominican Republic Electronic address
Contraception 92:289-97. 2015
..This study aims to determine the lowest effective of three Nestorone (NES)/estradiol (E2) transdermal gel doses to ensure ovulation suppression in 90-95% of cycles...
- A prospective, randomized, pharmacodynamic study of quick-starting a desogestrel progestin-only pill following ulipristal acetate for emergency contraception
PROFAMILIA, Ave Nicolás de Ovando and Calle 16, Santo Domingo 10401, Dominican Republic
Hum Reprod 30:2785-93. 2015
..Is there a pharmacodynamic interaction between ulipristal acetate (UPA) 30 mg for emergency contraception and a daily progestin-only contraceptive pill, desogestrel (DSG) 0.75 mg, when initiated the next day?..
- Effects of a novel estrogen-free, progesterone receptor modulator contraceptive vaginal ring on inhibition of ovulation, bleeding patterns and endometrium in normal women
Biomedical Research Department, PROFAMILIA, Santo Domingo 10401, Dominican Republic
Contraception 85:480-8. 2012
..The objective of this proof-of-concept study was to determine whether continuous delivery of 600-800 mcg of ulipristal acetate (UPA) from a contraceptive vaginal ring could achieve 80% to 90% inhibition of ovulation...
- Current status of contraceptive vaginal rings
PROFAMILIA, P O Box 1053, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic 10401
Contraception 87:264-72. 2013
- Effect of sexual intercourse on the absorption of levonorgestrel after vaginal administration of 0.75 mg in Carraguard gel: a randomized, cross-over, pharmacokinetic study
PROFAMILIA, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Contraception 79:150-4. 2009
..The objective of this study was to evaluate the effect of sexual intercourse after vaginal application of Carra/LNG gel on serum levels of LNG in women and to assess LNG absorption by the male partner...
- Effect of a single vaginal administration of levonorgestrel in Carraguard gel on the ovulatory process: a potential candidate for "dual protection" emergency contraception
PROFAMILIA, Biomedical Research Department, P O Box 1053, Santo Domingo 10401, Dominican Republic
Contraception 76:111-6. 2007
..75 mg of levonorgestrel (CARRA/LNG gel) administered in a single dose at different stages of follicle development over subsequent follicle rupture and hormonal levels...
- Contraceptive vaginal rings: a review
PROFAMILIA, P O Box 1053, Santo Domingo 10401, Dominican Republic
Contraception 82:418-27. 2010
..There is no doubt that CVRs offer a new, effective contraceptive option to women, expanding their available choices of hormonal contraception...
- Transition from Norplant to Jadelle in a clinic with extensive experience providing contraceptive implants
Biomedical Research Department, PROFAMILIA, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Contraception 73:364-7. 2006