Affiliation: Boehringer Ingelheim
- Pooled clinical trial analysis of tiotropium safetySteven Kesten
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 900 Ridgebury Road, Ridgefield, CT 06877 0368, USA
Chest 130:1695-703. 2006..Marketing approval of pharmaceutical products is often based on data from several thousand subjects or fewer. Evaluation of safety is greatly enhanced by augmenting the safety database with postapproval studies...
- Premature discontinuation of patients: a potential bias in COPD clinical trialsS Kesten
Respiratory, Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Corporate Headquarters, Binger Str 173, 55216, Ingelheim, Germany
Eur Respir J 30:898-906. 2007..Incomplete information from rate ratios occurs as a result of failure to consider outcomes of patients who discontinue early from clinical trials...
- Comparative safety of long-acting inhaled bronchodilators: a cohort study using the UK THIN primary care databaseMichele Jara
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals Inc, Ridgefield, CT 06877 0368, USA
Drug Saf 30:1151-60. 2007..In COPD, the organ system most frequently requiring medical care, other than the respiratory system, is the cardiac system...
- Adverse health consequences in COPD patients with rapid decline in FEV1--evidence from the UPLIFT trialSteven Kesten
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Ridgefield, Connecticut, USA
Respir Res 12:129. 2011..The rate of decline in forced expiratory volume in 1 second (FEV1) is representative of the natural history of COPD. Sparse information exists regarding the associations between the magnitude of annualised loss of FEV1 with other endpoints...
- Improvement in self-reported exercise participation with the combination of tiotropium and rehabilitative exercise training in COPD patientsSteven Kesten
Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Ingelheim, Germany 2Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA, USA
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 3:127-36. 2008..Improvements in ventilatory mechanics with tiotropium increases exercise tolerance during pulmonary rehabilitation. We wondered whether tiotropium also increased physical activities outside of pulmonary rehabilitation...
- Comparison of tiotropium bromide and combined ipratropium/salbutamol for the treatment of COPD: a UK General Practice Research Database 12-month follow-up studyJane Griffin
Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Boehringer Ingelheim Limited, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 8YS, UK
Prim Care Respir J 17:104-10. 2008..To compare the effectiveness of the long-acting anticholinergic, tiotropium with ipratropium/salbutamol in reducing the risk of exacerbations and COPD-related referrals in patients with COPD...
- Eletrocardiographic monitoring in COPD patients receiving tiotropiumJoel Morganroth
University of Pennsylvania, eResearch Technology, Inc, Gladwyne, Pennsylvania 19035, USA
COPD 1:181-90. 2004..In conclusion, tiotropium was not associated with any signs of cardiac safety concerns as defined by electrocardiographic evaluations in placebo-controlled clinical trials...
- Tiotropium HandiHaler in the treatment of COPD: a safety reviewSteven Kesten
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Ridgefield, CT 06877 0368, USA
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 4:397-409. 2009..We sought to update an evaluation of the safety of tiotropium in the HandiHaler formulation as significant clinical trial data have become available over time...
- Improvement in exercise tolerance with the combination of tiotropium and pulmonary rehabilitation in patients with COPDRichard Casaburi
Division of Respiratory and Critical Care Physiology and Medicine, Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute at Harbor UCLA Medical Center, 1124 W Carson St, Building RB 2, Torrance, CA 90502, USA
Chest 127:809-17. 2005..We hypothesized that ventilatory mechanics improvements from tiotropium would permit enhanced ability to train muscles of ambulation and therefore augment exercise tolerance benefits of PR...
- A 4-year trial of tiotropium in chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseDonald P Tashkin
David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles 90095 1690, USA
N Engl J Med 359:1543-54. 2008..Previous studies showing that tiotropium improves multiple end points in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) led us to examine the long-term effects of tiotropium therapy...
- Responses to tiotropium in African-American and Caucasian patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseKathryn L Rice
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55417, USA
Transl Res 152:88-94. 2008..African Americans used fewer respiratory medications than Caucasians in this study. We conclude that tiotropium reduces COPD exacerbations and associated health-care use to a similar extent in African Americans compared with Caucasians...
- Outcomes in COPD patients receiving tiotropium or salmeterol plus treatment with inhaled corticosteroidsRichard Hodder
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Ottawa, Canada
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 2:157-67. 2007..Treatment with tiotropium in patients with moderate-to-severe COPD was superior to salmeterol in lung function, irrespective of concurrent use of ICS...
- Long-term treatment benefits with tiotropium in COPD patients with and without short-term bronchodilator responsesDonald Tashkin
Pulmonary Division, David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California at Los Angeles, 90095, USA
Chest 123:1441-9. 2003....
- Improvement in resting inspiratory capacity and hyperinflation with tiotropium in COPD patients with increased static lung volumesBartolome Celli
Pulmonary and Critical Care Division, St Elizabeth s Medical Center, Boston, MA 02135, USA
Chest 124:1743-8. 2003..We sought to evaluate changes in resting IC and lung volumes after long-term administration of tiotropium...
- Risk indexes for exacerbations and hospitalizations due to COPDDennis E Niewoehner
Department of Medicine at Veterans Affairs Medical Centers in Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Chest 131:20-8. 2007..Our objective was to develop risk indexes for exacerbations and hospitalizations due to exacerbations that might be applied to the individual patient...
- Healthcare costs with tiotropium plus usual care versus usual care alone following 1 year of treatment in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD)Mitchell Friedman
Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Pharmacoeconomics 22:741-9. 2004....
- Clinical trial design considerations in assessing long-term functional impacts of tiotropium in COPD: the UPLIFT trialMarc Decramer
Respiratory Division, University Hospitals, Leuven, Belgium
COPD 1:303-12. 2004....
- Tiotropium in COPD patients not previously receiving maintenance respiratory medicationsSandra G Adams
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio and the South Texas Veterans Health Care System, Audie L Murphy Division, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Respir Med 100:1495-503. 2006..e., those who are not receiving maintenance bronchodilator therapy) or patients considered by their health care providers as having milder disease?..
- Absence of electrocardiographic findings and improved function with once-daily tiotropium in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseHenry Covelli
Pulmonary Consultants of North Idaho, Coeur d Alene, Idaho 83814, USA
Pharmacotherapy 25:1708-18. 2005..To examine electrocardiographic findings after short- and long-term tiotropium therapy in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and to establish previously reported symptomatic efficacy...
- Improvements in symptom-limited exercise performance over 8 h with once-daily tiotropium in patients with COPDFrancois Maltais
Centre de Recherche, Hopital Laval, Institut Universitaire de Cardiologie et de Pneumologie de l Universite Laval, 725 Chemin Ste Foy, Quebec, QC, G1V 4G5, Canada
Chest 128:1168-78. 2005..The present study was designed to gain further insight into the duration of improvements...
- Prevention of exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease with tiotropium, a once-daily inhaled anticholinergic bronchodilator: a randomized trialDennis E Niewoehner
Minneapolis Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55417, USA
Ann Intern Med 143:317-26. 2005..Patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) frequently develop exacerbations, leading to major clinical and health resource use ramifications...
- A 6-month, placebo-controlled study comparing lung function and health status changes in COPD patients treated with tiotropium or salmeterolJames F Donohue
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7020, USA
Chest 122:47-55. 2002..A trial was designed to examine the efficacy and safety of both compounds with multiple outcome measures, including lung function, dyspnea, and health-related quality of life (HRQoL) in patients with COPD...