- A pilot study of interpersonal psychotherapy for posttraumatic stress disorder
Kathryn L Bleiberg
Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Am J Psychiatry 162:181-3. 2005
..Unlike most psychotherapies for PTSD, interpersonal psychotherapy is not exposure-based, focusing instead on interpersonal sequelae of trauma...
- Solving interpersonal problems correlates with symptom improvement in interpersonal psychotherapy: preliminary findings
John C Markowitz
Department of Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 194:15-20. 2006
..Despite methodological limitations, initial testing of the IPOS supports the theorized link between resolving interpersonal crises and improvement in IPT...
- Pilot randomized controlled trial of interpersonal counseling for subsyndromal depression following miscarriage
Epidemiology of Developmental Brain Disorders Department, New York State Psychiatric Institute, G H Sergievsky Center, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:1299-304. 2006
..We examined whether Interpersonal Counseling (IPC) was superior to treatment as usual (TAU) in reducing subsyndromal depression among miscarrying women and, secondarily, superior to TAU in improving role functioning...
- A survey of sexual side effects among severely mentally ill patients taking psychotropic medications: impact on compliance
Kenneth Paul Rosenberg
Cornell University Medical Center, New York, USA
J Sex Marital Ther 29:289-96. 2003
..We found that 41.7% of men and 15.4% of women admitted that they had stopped their medications at some point during their treatment based on a belief that they were experiencing sexual side effects...
- A comparative trial of psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy for "pure" dysthymic patients
John C Markowitz
Department of Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, United States
J Affect Disord 89:167-75. 2005
..This article reports outcomes of an acute randomized trial of 94 subjects treated for 16 weeks with either interpersonal psychotherapy (IPT), brief supportive psychotherapy (BSP), sertraline, or sertraline plus IPT...