Antoine De Backer
Affiliation: Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Strategy for management of newborns with cervical teratomaAntoine De Backer
Academic Hospital, Free University of Brussels, B 1090 Brussels, Belgium
J Perinat Med 32:500-8. 2004..Cervical teratomas are extremely rare tumors with high perinatal mortality and morbidity rates...
- Testicular germ cell tumors in children: management and outcome in a series of 20 patientsA de Backer
Section of Pediatric Surgery, Academic Hospital, Free University of Brussels, Laarbeeklaan 101, B 1090 Brussels, Belgium
J Pediatr Urol 2:197-201. 2006..A gradual switch towards less invasive treatment has been observed over the years. This study confirms the excellent cure rates obtained in children with testicular germ cell tumor, provided diagnosis is prompt and treatment accurate...
- Influence of tumor site and histology on long-term survival in 193 children with extracranial germ cell tumorsA de Backer
Pediatric Surgery Unit, Universitair Ziekenhuis Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Pediatr Surg 18:1-6. 2008..The aim of this work was to study long-term survival stratified for tumor site and tumor histology...
- Mediastinal germ cell tumors: clinical aspects and outcomes in 7 childrenA de Backer
Section of Pediatric Surgery, Academic Hospital, Free University of Brussels, Laarbeeklaan 101, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Pediatr Surg 16:318-22. 2006..Publications on this entity are very scarce. This paper reports on the clinical presentations, method(s) of treatment, complications, results and outcomes in a series of children with mediastinal germ cell tumors...
- Sacrococcygeal teratoma: results of a retrospective multicentric study in Belgium and LuxembourgA de Backer
Division of Paediatric Surgery, Academisch Ziekenhuis VUB, Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Pediatr Surg 11:182-5. 2001..Therefore, it is stated that for optimal treatment of sacrococcygeal teratoma to be achieved, these cases should be treated in just a very few centres of neonatal surgery...
- Study of the factors associated with recurrence in children with sacrococcygeal teratomaAntoine De Backer
Section of Pediatric Surgery, Academic Hospital, Free University of Brussels, Laarbeeklaan, B 1090 Brussels, Belgium
J Pediatr Surg 41:173-81; discussion 173-81. 2006....
- Ovarian germ cell tumors in children: a clinical study of 66 patientsAntoine De Backer
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Academic Hospital, Free University of Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
Pediatr Blood Cancer 46:459-64. 2006..Ovarian germ cell tumors are rare in childhood. The aim of this study is to review clinical presentation, management, and outcome in a two-center series of girls with ovarian germ cell tumor...
- Retroperitoneal germ cell tumors: a clinical study of 12 patientsAntoine De Backer
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Academic Hospital, Free University of Brussels, B 1090 Brussels, Belgium
J Pediatr Surg 40:1475-81. 2005..The aim of the study was to examine the clinical presentation, method(s) of treatment, complications, and results in newborns and infants with retroperitoneal germ cell tumors (GCTs)...
- Laparoscopic management of insulinoma in a child with multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1Kristel De Vogelaere
Department of Surgery, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 16:335-8. 2006..MEN1 was genetically proven by direct DNA testing. A pancreatic tumor can arise before the age of 10 in patients with MEN1 and can be surgically treated by a laparoscopical approach...
- Long-term functional sequelae of sacrococcygeal teratoma: a national study in The NetherlandsJoep P M Derikx
Department of Surgery, University Hospital, PO Box 5800, Maastricht 6200 AZ, The Netherlands
J Pediatr Surg 42:1122-6. 2007..Long-term functional sequelae after resection of sacrococcygeal teratoma (SCT) are relatively common. This study determines the incidence of these sequelae associated clinical variables and its impact on quality of life (QoL)...