Affiliation: Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Postmortem redistribution of fentanyl in the rabbit bloodLiesbeth Ceelen
Department of Toxicology, Dermato Cosmetology and Pharmacognosy, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
Am J Forensic Med Pathol 33:119-23. 2012....
- Critical selection of reliable reference genes for gene expression study in the HepaRG cell lineLiesbeth Ceelen
Department of Toxicology, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy, Center for Pharmaceutical Research, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 103, Brussels, Belgium
Biochem Pharmacol 81:1255-61. 2011..This study provides a new set of reference genes that is suitable for testing whenever RT-qPCR data for HepaRG cells are generated. The most stable ones can then be selected for further normalization...
- Modulation of connexin signaling by bacterial pathogens and their toxinsLiesbeth Ceelen
Department of Toxicology, Centre for Pharmaceutical Research, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 103, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Cell Mol Life Sci 68:3047-64. 2011..Particular attention is paid to the underlying molecular mechanisms of these effects as well as to the actual biological relevance of these findings...
- Inhibition of gap junctional intercellular communication by toxic metalsMathieu Vinken
Department of Toxicology, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 103, B 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Chem Res Toxicol 23:1862-7. 2010....
- Connexins: sensors and regulators of cell cyclingMathieu Vinken
Department of Toxicology, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 103, B 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Biochim Biophys Acta 1815:13-25. 2011..In the current paper, these multifaceted aspects of connexin-related signalling in cell cycling are reviewed...
- Simple and quick method for whole-liver decellularization: a novel in vitro three-dimensional bioengineering tool?Joery De Kock
Department of Toxicology, Center for Pharmaceutical Research, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 103, 1090, Brussels, Belgium
Arch Toxicol 85:607-12. 2011..This easy to prepare scaffold could represent a remarkable tool in the bioengineering of complex three-dimensional in vitro systems for advanced preclinical drug development...