Affiliation: University of Antwerp
- The effect of exercise on visceral adipose tissue in overweight adults: a systematic review and meta-analysisDirk Vissers
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
PLoS ONE 8:e56415. 2013....
- Effect of long-term whole body vibration training on visceral adipose tissue: a preliminary reportDirk Vissers
Department of Health Sciences Physiotherapy, University College of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
Obes Facts 3:93-100. 2010..To determine the effect of whole body vibration (WBV), combined with caloric restriction, on weight, body composition and metabolic risk factors in overweight and obese adults...
- The effect of whole body vibration short-term exercises on respiratory gas exchange in overweight and obese womenDirk Vissers
Department of Health Sciences, Artesis University College of Antwerp, Van Aertselaerstraat 31, 2170 Merksem, Antwerp, Belgium
Phys Sportsmed 37:88-94. 2009..To assess the effect of whole body vibration on oxygen uptake and carbon dioxide production among overweight and obese women...
- Effects of aerobic endurance, muscle strength, and motor control exercise on physical fitness and musculoskeletal injury rate in preprofessional dancers: an uncontrolled trialWilhelm Mistiaen
Artesis University College, Department of Health Care Sciences, Antwerp, Belgium
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 35:381-9. 2012..The purpose of this study was to evaluate musculoskeletal injury rate and physical fitness before and 6 months after an endurance, strength, and motor control exercise program in preprofessional dancers...
- Overweight in adolescents: differences per type of education. Does one size fit all?Dirk Vissers
University College of Antwerp, Department of Health Sciences, Antwerp, Belgium
J Nutr Educ Behav 40:65-71. 2008..To assess the lifestyle and prevalence of overweight among 16- to 18-year-old adolescents attending 4 different types of secondary education (SE)...
- Effect of a physical conditioning versus health promotion intervention in dancers: a randomized controlled trialNathalie A Roussel
University of Antwerp, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Department of Physiotherapy REVAKI, Antwerp, Belgium Pain in Motion International Research Group, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Faculty of Physical Education and Physiotherapy, Department of Human Physiology, Brussels, Belgium Electronic address
Man Ther 19:562-8. 2014..Further research should explore how additional training may be organized, taking into account the demanding dance schedule of pre-professional dancers. The trial is registered at ClinicalTrials.gov, number NCT01440153. ..
- Is a coded physical activity diary valid for assessing physical activity level and energy expenditure in stroke patients?Christel Vanroy
Department of Rehabilitation Sciences and Physiotherapy, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium Translational Neurosciences, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium KU Leuven, Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, Leuven, Belgium
PLoS ONE 9:e98735. 2014..to determine the concurrent validity of a physical activity diary for measuring physical activity level and total energy expenditure in hospitalized stroke patients...
- Metabolic syndrome in youth: a cross-sectional school-based surveyDirk Vissers
University College of Antwerp, Department of Health Sciences Physiotherapy, and Antwerp University Hospital, Department of Diabetology, Metabolism and Clinical Nutrition, Antwerp, Belgium
Acta Paediatr 96:1809-13. 2007..VSE provides practice-oriented education in which young people learn a specific occupation. Previously we reported VSE to be the type of education with the highest prevalence of overweight and obesity...