Johan A Verhelst
Affiliation: University of Antwerp
- Active acromegaly is associated with decreased hs-CRP and NT-proBNP serum levels: insights from the Belgian registry of acromegalyJohan Verhelst
Department of Endocrinology, ZNA Middelheim, Lindendreef 1, B 2020 Antwerp, Belgium
Eur J Endocrinol 168:177-84. 2013..We examined whether changes in high-sensitive C-reactive protein (hs-CRP) and N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) might contribute to this phenomenon...
- Prevalence and characteristics of the metabolic syndrome in 2479 hypopituitary patients with adult-onset GH deficiency before GH replacement: a KIMS analysisJohan Verhelst
Department of Endocrinology, ZNA Middelheim Antwerp, Lindendreef 1, Antwerp, Belgium
Eur J Endocrinol 165:881-9. 2011..MetS was defined according to the National Cholesterol Education Program's Adult Treatment Panel III (NCEP) and the International Diabetes Foundation (IDF)...
- Remission of acromegaly following long-term therapy with cabergoline: report of two casesJohan A Verhelst
Department of Endocrinology, ZNA Middelheim, Lindendreef 1, Antwerp 2020, Belgium
Pituitary 11:103-7. 2008..These two cases demonstrate that acromegalic patients with a good response to cabergoline may occasionally remain in remission after stopping therapy. This phenomenon has previously only been described in patients with a prolactinoma...
- Baseline characteristics and response to 2 years of growth hormone (GH) replacement of hypopituitary patients with GH deficiency due to adult-onset craniopharyngioma in comparison with patients with nonfunctioning pituitary adenoma: data from KIMS (PfizerJohan Verhelst
General Hospital Middleheim, Antwerp, Belgium
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:4636-43. 2005..To analyze this difference, we used the KIMS database (Pfizer International Metabolic Database) comparing CP and NFPA patients in terms of baseline characteristics and responses to GH replacement...
- Isolated growth hormone (GH) deficiency in adult patients: baseline clinical characteristics and responses to GH replacement in comparison with hypopituitary patients. A sub-analysis of the KIMS databaseRoger Abs
Department of Endocrinology, University Hospital Antwerp, Wilrijkstraat 10, B 2650 Edegem, Belgium
Growth Horm IGF Res 15:349-59. 2005....
- Cardiovascular risk factors in hypopituitary GH-deficient adultsJohan Verhelst
Department of Endocrinology, ZNA Middelheim, Antwerp, Belgium
Eur J Endocrinol 161:S41-9. 2009..No subgroup yet has been identified as not responding well to GH...
- Modification of hormonal secretion in clinically silent pituitary adenomasTania Daems
Department of Endocrinology, University Hospital Antwerp, Wilrijkstraat 10, Edegem 2650, Belgium
Pituitary 12:80-6. 2009..Silent corticotroph adenomas are the classical example of this phenomenon...
- Long-term growth hormone replacement therapy in hypopituitary adultsJohan Verhelst
Departments of Endocrinology, Middelheim Hospital and University Hospital, Antwerp, Belgium
Drugs 62:2399-412. 2002....
- Hyperprolactinemia: pathophysiology and managementJohan Verhelst
Department of Endocrinology, Middelheim Hospital, Antwerp, Belgium
Treat Endocrinol 2:23-32. 2003..In the small group of patients who do not respond to this treatment, or who refuse long-term therapy, surgery is offered. Radiotherapy is given if both pharmacologic therapy and surgery fail...
- The clinical, metabolic and endocrine features and the quality of life in adults with childhood-onset craniopharyngioma compared with adult-onset craniopharyngiomaPat Kendall-Taylor
University of Newcastle, UK
Eur J Endocrinol 152:557-67. 2005..Craniopharyngioma is a parasellar tumour that, although benign, tends to behave aggressively. It can occur at any age but most commonly presents in childhood or adolescence...
- Changes in height, weight, and body mass index in children with craniopharyngioma after three years of growth hormone therapy: analysis of KIGS (Pfizer International Growth Database)Mitchell Geffner
The Saban Research Institute of Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90027, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:5435-40. 2004....